2.2 out for US Bets Streaks

Guest lufc

I just did the procedure above and it is taking some time to boot. Hopefully everything is gonna work fine. Keeping my fingers crossed haha

Edit: It took its time to boot and restarted it self couple of times but finally it booted and is working pretty good so far as far as i can tell. Thank you very much DJ Steve.

Edited by dacho

Guest adzman808
lookin at the system info after the fastboot update

ANDROID VERSION 2.2

BASEBAND VERSION GAUSB1A130900-US

KERNEL VERSION 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM VERSION GAUSB1A130900

BUILD NUMBER 11548

anyone know if uk users be best off using the baseband from Steve's 1.2/1.3 build to maintain compatibility with o2?

or wont it make any difference?

Guest ber.a808
anyone know if uk users be best off using the baseband from Steve's 1.2/1.3 build to maintain compatibility with o2?

or wont it make any difference?

fyi i got an att locked flashed with o2 2.1 rom before i did the update...

Guest haynesteve

Just done it !!!

Put pkg file on sd card, renamed Update.pkg, then followed Steve's fastboot list, took out battery, recovery boot, after few mins official froyo !

Android Version - 2.2

Baseband version - GAUSB1A130900-EU

Kernel veraion - 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM version - GAUSB1A130900

Build number - 11548

(Started from Steve's 1.3 buid)

Edited by haynesteve

Guest adzman808
Just done it !!!

Put pkg file on sd card, renamed Update.pkg, then followed Steve's fastboot list, took out battery, recovery boot, after few mins official froyo !

Android Version - 2.2

Baseband version - GAUSB1A130900-EU

Kernel veraion - 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM version - GAUSB1A130900

Build number - 11548

(Started from Steve's 1.3 buid)

if i understand (.....) [& last time i was completely wrong LOL] then dumping the .pkg onto the sd card isn't needed?

i thought it would be add the bb/*.img files to the same folder as fastboot.exe (on the pc) & then running the cmd commands

when i look at your info, i see you still have EU baseband & steve's performance kernel...

so MAYBE you've not flashed it....

but please i am a idiot, so bare with me....

Guest adzman808
ye the pkg isnt needed

so am i right with adding the contents of your zip to the same folder as fastboot on the pc & then putting the streak into fast boot & running the cmd commands?

Guest ber.a808
if i understand (.....) [& last time i was completely wrong LOL] then dumping the .pkg onto the sd card isn't needed?

i thought it would be add the bb/*.img files to the same folder as fastboot.exe (on the pc) & then running the cmd commands

when i look at your info, i see you still have EU baseband & steve's performance kernel...

so MAYBE you've not flashed it....

but please i am a idiot, so bare with me....

You'll need to run and flash the fastboot cmd while connected to a PC... B)

Edited by ber.a808

Guest ber.a808
No Luck and now stuck on the Dell Logo so anyone can post a Step by Step for Dummies Actually a step by step for Monkeys Thanks

take out and place back the battery, do a factory reset after??

Guest fusionfd

Followed procedure no issues initially, up and running on official. Now I look down and its rebooting for no reason. Hope thats not a recurring thing. Anyone else?

Guest haynesteve

So maybe I didn't need to put pkg on sdcard, but has installed, some new apps (Zinio Reader, Tunein Radio, Evernote, Welcome.....)

Tried cam, maybe me but can't find 720 setting, highest was HIGH (30M) - but it didn't crash.

Setting ringtones is audible, and no FC

Quadrant scores - poor. 4 tries using stage varied between 824 and 873. Using Laucherpro, mildly better 832 to 879 (mind, had to leave wifi on as signal poor)

So maybe I didn't need to put pkg on sdcard, but has installed, some new apps (Zinio Reader, Tunein Radio, Evernote, Welcome.....)

Tried cam, maybe me but can't find 720 setting, highest was HIGH (30M) - but it didn't crash.

Quadrant scores - poor. 4 tries using stage varied between 824 and 873. Using Laucherpro, mildly better 832 to 879 (mind, had to leave wifi on as signal poor)

Do we have to already be on Steve's ROM for this to work? I was on 1.1 but had to go back to o2 2.1 due to problems. If not, can I add the Update.pkg anyway plus flash those files?

Guest tavella

And I'm back with the help of 4399. Guess I'll put 1.3 back and flash from there. I wonder if I can upgrade from 8105.... Worth a try.

Edited by tavella

Guest adzman808

did you put the contents of Steve's zip into the same folder as your fastboot.exe on the PC & run the command lines?

i'm just trying to make sure i understand what to do !

i don't know what quadrant scores (i will google) but you don't sound very happy!