HOW TO : Converting MP3`s to WAV`s

Guest Deemon

Guest ilikeit

Sorry just got the SPV,( impressed so far) and I'm being a bit slow? But I was told it could play MP3's, but have not managed to do so. I've read the above and get the impression MP3's need to be convereted to WAV files, is this true and if so can anyone suggest an App that can handle decent sized music files and is not bugged?

"...when I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse :shock: "

Guest Machineman

No ya can play MP3 in your phone but you need the right player 4 this.

And to be honest I don't know which one so wait 4 a reply on this topic and you'll prob get ya answer.

So are you totaly satisfied with ya phone?

I a'm 4 sure I love it :-)

C u m8

Guest superkingdave

ilikeit i think youv got the wrong end of the stick... this discussion is about converting mp3 to wav for the purpose of using it as a ringtone. MP3's are playable on the spv via windows media player or other third party proggrams, but they cant be used as a ringtone whilst wav;s can

Guest djgaynor

there is a program on monolithix called ringtone pack ...download this then install on your memory card then install it to the phone through your explorer ......then go to storage and open windows and there should be a file called rings..delete the crap ones and place your wav file in here using "sync" then go to rings on your explorer and open it then click menu and it will say save...now just go to settings and tones and it will be in there ..you can only fit baout 30 seconds(that i know of anyway) but its easy when you know how but it took me hours to work that out :-)

Guest MoRFLeZ

Well that Wave Splitter sure is nice and easy! Never bothered to actually download a program, and try to fix my incoming sms sound! But now it's perfect!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest neltek

Thanks for all the info of MP3 to WAV

Similarly I have heard that if you just want to play music tracks, then whilst MP3 is fine, if you convert to WMA format the files are much smaller and hence more will fit on the SD card.

but

Anyone know how to convert MP3 to WMA?

Ian

:)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pixeled

I'm not sure but I believe MIDI files are also supported by the SVP, yes.

If you need another MP3->WAV converter (or backwise), CDex is a very good one. It has reached version 1.5 now, and is a SourceForce project, programmed in C++ for the Win32 environment.

here's a release/download list of the application. The official CDex page (http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/) was down when I checked. Who knows, perhaps someone will develop a smartphone edition :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest jello_e

what i know is wma is the smallest format, in size. but then there is a sacrifice in sound quality, just a little. and wma is portable to any windows based os.

• 3 months later...
mid file are not beeing supported for ringtones ?

Only wav files ?

It says in the manual that midi files are useable as ringtones, I have found that about half my existing midi tones taht I use on an Nokia work on my MPX200, however it does say that the midi file has to be type 0. Even after converting my tones that didn't work into type 0 they still didn't work, so I was left with cropping them down and converting them into *.WAV files. The original tunes in midi format were no more than 10Kb and the same tune is now roughly 250Kb - 350Kb, very annoying!!!!!

regards,

gplhl

• 1 month later...
Guest fluffstardx

So, how do you convert standard midi to midi-0? I'd love to know, as i got one to work (badly) and i'd really like to put them on the phone...

• 3 months later...
Guest vanderduke

This is the most amazin Forum ever!!!

Its anwered all my Qs and all the stuff that the supposed "phone trainers" in an Orange shop are supposed to know but when u ask them about it give u a blank look like they're on South Park. These are the same people who are quite happy to profess that they know all the features of the phone when they are taking money off you, but when u ask them an intelligent Q they go back to Hairdresser mode

I digress ... Thank you all v much

and now I'm gonna see if I can make it work without wrecking the computer....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ziggystardust888

I don't know what version of phone you guys are using/talking about but my xphone (E200 equiv) with Smartphone 2003 ed. can use WMA's as ringtones (I've done/do this sucessfully)

This is pretty good since you can just use Windows Media PLayer to rip/compress your fav tracks as ringtones and put them directly on your phone

BUT

not for alarm clock reminders.

• 2 months later...
Guest DavieWallace

HELP! I have followed all the advise given on the forum but I am still at a loose end! I have inherited an SPV and no matter what i try with Audacity, I can't get the file size down to use as a ringtone.

I have dropped the bit rate to 16bit (it won't allow any lower) mono, and also the length of the mp3 is only 23 secs..so why does the file size always come out at 1.97Mb??

I am going crazy as all i want is a decent ringtone and I just can't seem to get my head round this! :-)

Guest Exploited

I'm one of those conservatives that use Winamp to convert an MP3 to a WAV-file and then edit that using Steinberg Wavelab. You can use Wavelab to cut it to any length and save it to any format.