Random reboots

Guest devoluti0n

Guest devoluti0n

Hi everybody.

I wonder if someone could help me with app2sd : I wanted to try it and I probably did something bad cause my app disappeared...

So I decided to restore my apps from the malez recovery option, which let to transfer the apps back to the phone, but from this moment, I have a few randoms reboot a day.

I'm going to install the latest leak, as I'm waiting for a real french version of the official 2.2 version.

While I'm going to reinstall everything, I wonder if I could have some help with app2sd.

First, in order to have it working correctly, are theses steps correct ?

1 - I copy my actual sd content to my computer

2 - I format my sd card in fat-32 and put it back in my phone

3 - I flash my bin

4 - I install malez recovery

5 - I install the rom I want to use It will be the latest LCR.

6 - I activate old app2sd from recovery

About this last step, can you please explain me in details what do I need to choose ? Do I need to only choose "apps" ? Or do I need to select all the options (dalvik, etc...) ? what are the correct values to fill in ?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by devoluti0n

Guest Chewy11

no its all good, we all have questions

1 BACKUPS...Nandroid-Titanium Backup-Google Sync-AppBrain

2 Backup all SD card data you want to your PC

3 Flash bin with Acer Tool 3.1

4 Install Malez Recovery

5 In Recovery use Partition option to create ext(0 swap(recommended by LCR), 512 ext(that's what I use ))

6 Use Malez recovery to install LCR-F

7 In LCR app if your on a Froyo, there's no need to use old apps2sd

8 In phone >settings >applications >Manage applications(there is a new sub menu in Froyo) >select an app and select move to SD,,,not all are movable, and some, like widgets, don't function when on SD

This is how I understand the process now...old apps2sd afaik is for éclair...if I'm wrong please explain

good luck

Edited by Chewy11

Guest devoluti0n

Thanks man. I'm going to try this. Formating in ext 2/3.

I'll finally try an Miui french version which was publish a few days ago, waiting for the Xian one B).

I tough the built-in Froyo app2sd was slower than the malez one, that's why I wanted to try the old way.

Thanks for you help, I'll keep you aware.