My story of upgrading to 2.2 (Fido ROM) & removing stock apps afterwards

Guest kenship

Guest kenship

Just want to share my story.

Before I upgrade to 2.2, I used Universal Androot and removed some stock apps (using Titanium backup).

I was worried that I might not be able to upgrade it to 2.2 stock. So I do the followings:

1. Used Universal Androot to revert the phone to unroot status

2. Installed the stock apps back to the phone

3. Removed Universal Androot (just in case)

And I successfully upgraded to 2.2, no problem whatsoever.

Then I used Titanium Backup to uninstall all Acer apps (except Acer Registration, which I don’t know how to remove), Tasks, RoadSync, Urfooz, Spinlets, Email, even the Android keyboard (I use the hacked HTC Touch IME for 2.2).

Now the phone loads fast!

BTW, some apps will still show itself after the above procedures, use “Manage applications” in “Settings” to remove it again.

Guest parvata

Try the instructions by Lorents here to remove all stock apps.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/297...ration/page/20/

I tried them and it worked very well. I even removed the Google navigation for Sygic aura. Works great for off-line GPS.

Just want to share my story.

Before I upgrade to 2.2, I used Universal Androot and removed some stock apps (using Titanium backup).

I was worried that I might not be able to upgrade it to 2.2 stock. So I do the followings:

1. Used Universal Androot to revert the phone to unroot status

2. Installed the stock apps back to the phone

3. Removed Universal Androot (just in case)

And I successfully upgraded to 2.2, no problem whatsoever.

Then I used Titanium Backup to uninstall all Acer apps (except Acer Registration, which I don’t know how to remove), Tasks, RoadSync, Urfooz, Spinlets, Email, even the Android keyboard (I use the hacked HTC Touch IME for 2.2).

Now the phone loads fast!

BTW, some apps will still show itself after the above procedures, use “Manage applications” in “Settings” to remove it again.

hi kenship,

thanks for your sharing, could you give us more your feeling about the official 2.2 between existed customer 2.2 ROMs, such as CM6.1, LCR F etc? for example, speed, battery drain, thanks in advance!

Guest kenship
hi kenship,

thanks for your sharing, could you give us more your feeling about the official 2.2 between existed customer 2.2 ROMs, such as CM6.1, LCR F etc? for example, speed, battery drain, thanks in advance!

Definitely snappier, didn't notice any improvement in battery though.

Edited by kenship