T-mobile G2 Touch Advice needed please.

Guest crusader007

Guest crusader007

Hi All,

I updated my G2 touch earlier in the year to T-mobiles 2.1 update, however i am now sick and tired as this ROM is so so slow and struggles to run anything.

my phone is now rooted via the UniversalAndRoot App and i have installed Rom Manager then Via Rom manager I installed the RA recovery v1.7.0.1 or can switch to ClockworkMod 2.5.01 which ever is best? i also installed overclock widget to see if that speeded things up which it has but i think there is still lots of rubbish that T-mobile has bundled in that i dont need.

My questions now are what is the best rom for me to use and how do i install it? is there a 2.2 froyo that i can use or higher? where can i download the rom and please please please provide easy step by step instructions as im pretty new to all this. and not quite sure what im doing.

Guest toxaris
Hi All,

I updated my G2 touch earlier in the year to T-mobiles 2.1 update, however i am now sick and tired as this ROM is so so slow and struggles to run anything.

my phone is now rooted via the UniversalAndRoot App and i have installed Rom Manager then Via Rom manager I installed the RA recovery v1.7.0.1 or can switch to ClockworkMod 2.5.01 which ever is best? i also installed overclock widget to see if that speeded things up which it has but i think there is still lots of rubbish that T-mobile has bundled in that i dont need.

My questions now are what is the best rom for me to use and how do i install it? is there a 2.2 froyo that i can use or higher? where can i download the rom and please please please provide easy step by step instructions as im pretty new to all this. and not quite sure what im doing.

Personally I use the RA Recovery, like that one better. I have the same phone and I use FroydVillain 1.5 (android 2.2) with the FlyKernel. Works like a charm with the same battery use for me. You can download the rom from the Villainrom site. The kernel is on the xda site. Just download the zip's and put them on the sd-card. Boot into recovery and apply zip. Reboot and enjoy. It isn't any harder than that.