Is it possible to restore stock Fido firmware?

Guest magritte

Guest magritte

My Liquid E is from Fido but I'm running LCR 1.1.2 with the latest leak. Unfortunately, I hadn't figured out how to get Malez bootloader and Nandroid backup working until after I'd flashed the first Froyo leak I tried so I have no backup of the original firmware.

There is a post on getting back to a stock Rogers firmware. Is there any way to do the same to get back to a stock Fido (to avoid potential problems if sending in for repair)? Does anyone have a backup of the original firmware they can upload?

Thanks!

For repair reasons I would just load in the Rogers firmware they will never know the difference.

Or I believe you can follow the instructions to get back to the 2.1 then load in the new FIDO 2.2 on top of that, as the used a Euro firmware as the base in that thread.

Guest magritte
For repair reasons I would just load in the Rogers firmware they will never know the difference.

Or I believe you can follow the instructions to get back to the 2.1 then load in the new FIDO 2.2 on top of that, as the used a Euro firmware as the base in that thread.

Not sure I understood your second suggestion. Do you mean I can load in the stock Rogers firmware then update to Fido 2.2 on top of that? Are the Fido and Rogers stock 2.1 firmwares identical?

Thanks!

Guest Harness
I thought the Fido 2.2 ROM won't load unless you're running a stock Fido ROM to begin with...

There have been a few members that patched it so that wasn't necessary.

I did the rogers one, a few other members did the Fido. Just flash the Fido over whatever you're running now if you need to send it in for maintenance.

Guest magritte
There have been a few members that patched it so that wasn't necessary.

I did the rogers one, a few other members did the Fido. Just flash the Fido over whatever you're running now if you need to send it in for maintenance.

Yeah, I was a little confused as to what had been changed with the patching and was under the impression it wouldn't quite be the stock. If I load your ROM then restore the bootloader do I have a stock phone again?

I wonder if Fido could load the latest stock firmware if I take it to a store...

Thanks!

Guest Harness

If you do that they'll see you flashed an unofficial bin, I wouldn't do that. If you have Malez recovery go here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...roms-any-phone/

And download "stock fido". Put it in the root folder of your SD card, open Malez and make a nandroid backup (I can't stress this enough!).

When you're done, flash the stock fido zip like you did LCR, and voila, you're done.

Be aware that currently, flashing Malez recovery over the stock rom (at the moment) is still a bit buggy, and while I have found a work around, it's sort of saddening. Looking for help from Malez via PM, but we'll see if he replies.

Edited by Harness

Guest magritte
If you do that they'll see you flashed an official bin, I wouldn't do that. If you have Malez recovery go here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...roms-any-phone/

And download "stock fido". Put it in the root folder of your SD card, open Malez and make a nandroid backup (I can't stress this enough!).

When you're done, flash the stock fido zip like you did LCR, and voila, you're done.

Be aware that currently, flashing Malez recovery over the stock rom (at the moment) is still a bit buggy, and while I have found a work around, it's sort of saddening. Looking for help from Malez via PM, but we'll see if he replies.

Okay, thanks for the info! I'll follow your advice if I need to take it in.