Dalvik Cache

Guest spanner44

Guest Richard_Arkless
As I cannot seem to get DT a2sd working, is there a manual way through the terminal to move the Dalvik Cache to the SD Card ?

Have you tried my rom, I had the exact same problem as you where it detects it but wont mount and after I flashed my latest version of the rom which has a different kernel (which I think is why its now working) it now seems to work

Guest spanner44
Have you tried my rom, I had the exact same problem as you where it detects it but wont mount and after I flashed my latest version of the rom which has a different kernel (which I think is why its now working) it now seems to work

Thanks Richard, have given it a go, but problem still exists, damn frustrating. Never had this problem with FLB, just when I gave CM6 a go.

Will have a go at flashing and reformatting some other roms and then give this a go again.

Really like the new screen format though.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thanks Richard, have given it a go, but problem still exists, damn frustrating. Never had this problem with FLB, just when I gave CM6 a go.

Will have a go at flashing and reformatting some other roms and then give this a go again.

Really like the new screen format though.

one thing I have noticed also is that before flashing this rom I redone my sd card where I make 3 partitions (fat, ext2 and swap) while before when it didnt work it just had fat and ext2

Have you got a swap partition also or do you use swap file?

Guest spanner44
one thing I have noticed also is that before flashing this rom I redone my sd card where I make 3 partitions (fat, ext2 and swap) while before when it didnt work it just had fat and ext2

Have you got a swap partition also or do you use swap file?

Yes, I have my Fat32 partition and then my ext2 and finally my swap.

Haven't even seen if the swap is working.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Yes, I have my Fat32 partition and then my ext2 and finally my swap.

Haven't even seen if the swap is working.

I dunno at this point, it really is strange

I know that flb has an older version of a2sd so maybe you can try flashing a zip of that to see if it works there as it could be a bug with the latest version

There is no Bug with the current version.

I just flashed it yesterday everything works smoooth like butta... OC, app2sd, swap, camera, every darn thing !!!!!

Best Rom EVER. period.

The problem with people getting erros and things not working is that they try to play smart-asses and skip steps, cuz they think they know more than the developers do.

READ PEOPLE, for cryin out loud. And do the steps one at a time.

P.S. And don't you dare try picking on Richard. He's my boy. aiiight

Guest spanner44
There is no Bug with the current version.

I just flashed it yesterday everything works smoooth like butta... OC, app2sd, swap, camera, every darn thing !!!!!

Best Rom EVER. period.

The problem with people getting erros and things not working is that they try to play smart-asses and skip steps, cuz they think they know more than the developers do.

READ PEOPLE, for cryin out loud. And do the steps one at a time.

I hope you are not referring to me. I have read these instructions step by step, reformatted the card in Gparted and AmonRa, changed partition sizes the lot, but for some reason, whatever I do, my damn phone will not mount the Ext Partition.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Best Rom EVER. period.

Thank you about saying this nice stuff about me, and no he isnt picking on me, I had the exact same problem as him with the 1st version of my rom but by the 2nd version something changed, whether it was the different kernel or what and then it worked again

I hope you are not referring to me. I have read these instructions step by step, reformatted the card in Gparted and AmonRa, changed partition sizes the lot, but for some reason, whatever I do, my damn phone will not mount the Ext Partition.

At this point I would say to redo everything so

partition sd card (my setup is fat has the remainder, 512mb ext and 64mb swap, I dunno if it will make much difference)

wipe everything

then flash the latest version of my rom

Edited by Richard_Arkless