How To Install Official Dell 2.2 Upgrade.pkg

Guest homeiss

Guest mrmrmrmr

it is a long path to downgrade from Steve's Froyo 1.x.x to O2 1.6 (4399)

then to apply this guide in post 1.

does it worth it ?

I mean, is the result different than directly upgrading with fastboot method (flashing boot, system and baseband) ?

Guest Spectre51
To those who share my issue, here's how you resolve it:

I was stuck at the Dell logo with no way of using the recovery image for hours... couldn't boot the phone and couldn't boot the recovery image b/c it just went to a black screen using the one provided in this thread or I'd get a FOTA error if I used any other (given they too didn't lead to a black screen). Thanks to the help of Meralias on IRC, I found the actual recovery image for 6267 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6). This should allow you to install the 6267 update.pkg and be on your way toward froyo!

In other words, if you can't get past step 16, try flashing THIS recovery image!

My issue with the black screen was fixed by individually copying the recovery files to their location. I at first was trying to copy the folder on top of the other folder.

Now one question I do have.....if I want to load 1.6 back on here can I downgrade from 2.2 back to 6267 and just reverse the steps in this guide and the other guide (the one talking about going to o2 1.6) to get back to AT&T 1.6

Guest slarty01

Hi

Just to add this worked perfectly for me and I am now running 2.2 very clear instructions thank you!

This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here and follow it to either go from AT&T 1.6 (build 6601) to O2 1.6 (build 4399), or to downgrade from DJ_Steve's ROM or from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to O2 1.6 (build 4399).

To get the Dell Official upgrade.pkg to install you must be running the 00 Baseband.

1. Download this zip file which contains a recovery for downgrading here.
  2. Move the recovery.img file to wherever your fastboot.exe is.
  3. Put your Streak into fastboot mode.
  4. Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img
  5. Once it says it's done writing type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
  6. Root your Streak using Universal Androot found here (you will ptobably have to click "Go Root" twice to get it to work).
  7. Now download RootExplorer from the Market.
  8. Download Official 1.6 (6267 Build) from here.
  9. Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  10. Dowload this file and put it on the root of your SD Card.
  11. Download this file and unzip it to your SD Card.
  12. In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).
  13. Now download a Terminal Emulator app and type: su
  14. This will give you superuser abilities and then type: flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
  15. Reboot your Streak and let it boot back into Android.
  16. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  17. It will take a while to install and boot.
  18. Download the newest build of the "Official Dell 2.2" from here.
  19. Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  20. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  21. Again, it will take a while to install and reboot, but when it does you should be running Dell's 2.2 (11548 Build) with the 00 Baseband.
Original source for downgrading to 00 BB: here

Guest steflucrene
To those who share my issue, here's how you resolve it:

I was stuck at the Dell logo with no way of using the recovery image for hours... couldn't boot the phone and couldn't boot the recovery image b/c it just went to a black screen using the one provided in this thread or I'd get a FOTA error if I used any other (given they too didn't lead to a black screen). Thanks to the help of Meralias on IRC, I found the actual recovery image for 6267 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6). This should allow you to install the 6267 update.pkg and be on your way toward froyo!

In other words, if you can't get past step 16, try flashing THIS recovery image!

Great It WORKS !!! Thanks !!!!

Guest leebopsicle

I'm currently on the official 2.2 .img files that Hyde released before the updated .pkg came out.

Just wondering what the best way to go to the newer .pkg was that has the 720p working?

I was running Hydes 1.2 before this so have clockwork installed if that matters

Guest sandjero

Need help!!

Tried to follow instructions but phone is locked on dell logo with 2 lights flashing.

Phone was on O2 version 3883 - tried to follow Stephen for 2.2 but didn't work.

Now trying to return it to 3883 - I can access Fastboot OK - Install update zip (3883) and nothing just the logo and 2 light flashing.

Anyone can help ???? more than 4 hours trying.

What should I do ?? Please simple instructions - I'm bit lost after read many,.....,many threads.

Guest PaulVlagsma

Whatever release you are on, try this, if you are brave enough:

1. Copy the Streak_309_11548_00.pkg the /sdcard/Update.pkg

2. in fastboot mode, flash froyo-recovery.img to recovery on your Streak.

3. Reboot with volume keys pressed, and upgrade.

4. Takes about 15 minutes.

N.B. The froyo-recovery.img is the one installed in the Streak_309_11548_00.pkg.

If it doesn't work, go to the beginning of this thread.

It worked for me on a DJSteve v1.1.1, new baseband, AT&T Streak.

Guest bigsite

B) New Dell Streak owner and NOOB here to android, not to Linux, but definitely an interesting animal. I just wanted to give a heartfelt THANK YOU to those here and MoDaCo and am also putting a ty message over at xda-developers so I can cover everyone that I am most grateful to for putting the custom roms, .img files, instructions and such out here on the web for upgrading the Streak.

I bought my Streak on Ebay last month, not knowing too much about all the issues with 1.6 android, the locked situation with ATT (which with some tear-jerking to ATT I got fixed for my out-of-town trip prior to), or the dell delays. So, as I perused the internet I came across your sites including options to update the Streak(very much thank you Steven H!!!!!! for the builds), in addition to the rest of the info about fixes, etc. Anyway, after my trip I was going to be content with keeping my `unlocked` ATT streak as-is until the official update. Then, came to find out my 2 main business apps I use could not be installed on 1.6, some of the apps I downloaded and wanted to use would lock up or do other strange things (which alot was blamed on 1.6,etc), and the real pain in the arse was when the Dell announcement came out and I found it was going to be another month wait....meaning another month wait 'til I could cut down on my office paperwork and really start setting up my mobile office on this guy. I didn't want to have to do this over Christmas while out-of-town and the such.

Ok, so with the frustration boiling over I decided to take the plunge and update the Streak to mr. Steve's froyo build, but in the process discovered the official was out! I read and read and finally came to the conclusion it would be better to try and upgrade to that. So, having to attached a boot hard drive to my Linux machine as an old IDE slave and install original XP and stuff to run the Dell PC Suite properly (as my VBox and DPCS fought driver discovery on reboots), I was able to set up everything as instructed. It took 5 straight hours of flashing, re-flashing, waiting for .img and rom downloads to get to where I wanted to be..............BUT IT WORKED!!!!!! I went from a ATT 31 build to a 00 official 2.2 update!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be able to start building my apps and stuff, and just downloaded the beta of Fennec so I can do all my desktop Firefox stuff on my Streak!!!! Anybody know where the donate button is?....these guys deserve it!!! Hell, they should be hired as the new Streak team for Dell since they can't seem to get it right!!!!!

Anyway, I wanted to share my success and will also attempt to share this at streaksmart when I get the chance, just have to run for now............btw.....I followed this threads instructions to the letter, and if you do, you shouldn't have any trouble at all!!!! I personally think that if you don't understand the instructions or end up locked or bricked then you shouldn't upgrade, but if you follow the instructions just right it will go as smooth as you want it to. Yes, it took 5 hours, but when you are triple checking that you have the right builds, the right .img files, etc.....it will go without a hitch. I did have a couple errors about the Streak not liking the builds I downloaded, but it was because I got in a bit of hurry and didn't read the entire posts where the links were provided.....very important to read entire posts...especially where custom builds are linked!!! If there is any suggestion other than following directions, that would be included in a suggestion if you want to try it. However, IT WORKS AND I THANK THOSE THAT GOT ME HERE......................THANK YOU!!!!!

Guest Sitaramaraju

Every thing done as per the steps, and system boots up with 2.2, now the phone says - NO SIM Card.

to be precise i am running on rebelsimII, it worked fine untill i upgraded to 2.2. I was on 2.1 all the way before and enjoyed the Streak, now Stuck to get my phone working.

does official streak - 2.2 work with rebel SIM II?

B)

Thanks and best regards,

Ramu.

Guest 1800yolk
Every thing done as per the steps, and system boots up with 2.2, now the phone says - NO SIM Card.

to be precise i am running on rebelsimII, it worked fine untill i upgraded to 2.2. I was on 2.1 all the way before and enjoyed the Streak, now Stuck to get my phone working.

does official streak - 2.2 work with rebel SIM II?

B)

Thanks and best regards,

Ramu.

I'm in the same boat.. rebelsim released an update to their cards, but unless you have a programmer you're out of luck.. The updates that roll out on Dec 3 may work with them, but no guarantees. I found a guy that will unlock my streak for $30, so I'm going with that, I'll let you guys know if he manages to do it

Guest Sitaramaraju
I'm in the same boat.. rebelsim released an update to their cards, but unless you have a programmer you're out of luck.. The updates that roll out on Dec 3 may work with them, but no guarantees. I found a guy that will unlock my streak for $30, so I'm going with that, I'll let you guys know if he manages to do it

It would be great if 30$ stuff works. I am interested too, once it works for you please do share the experience. Unlock would be a permenant resolution from rebel SIM B)

Regards,

Ramu.

Guest josephfranco

If you follow instructions. . . you will be able to do it. ... .. I just did and i'm running 2.2 now and couldn't be happier. kudos for such a great walkthrough homeiss . B)

This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here and follow it to either go from AT&T 1.6 (build 6601) to O2 1.6 (build 4399), or to downgrade from DJ_Steve's ROM or from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to O2 1.6 (build 4399).

To get the Dell Official upgrade.pkg to install you must be running the 00 Baseband.

4. Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img
  5. Once it says it's done writing type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
  6. Root your Streak using Universal Androot found here (you will ptobably have to click "Go Root" twice to get it to work).
  12. In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).
  14. This will give you superuser abilities and then type: flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
  16. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  20. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  21. Again, it will take a while to install and reboot, but when it does you should be running Dell's 2.2 (11548 Build) with the 00 Baseband.

Everything works well, now i'm on FroYo. Really new Streak...

Special thanks to NexusX for help with black screen problem!

Edited by Nebhet

Guest Krutsch

Worked great and without any problems. Streak @ Froyo build 11548 now.

Only one problem after installation: 3g/Data connection needs to be turned on and off in the settings -> wireless -> data connection menu every time, because no toggle widgets work reliable. After turning 3g off and on again with a widget (tried all I could find) it just behave strange... turning on for a second and doesn't react to toggle commands...

Did a reset twice...

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Guest 1800yolk
It would be great if 30$ stuff works. I am interested too, once it works for you please do share the experience. Unlock would be a permenant resolution from rebel SIM B)

Regards,

Ramu.

I gifted him $30, and he did it! and it works! It is a permanent unlock. If you're not comfortable gifting through paypal, he'll do it through ebay as well, though for slightly more. Also, can say that the 00 baseband works with tmobile in the US with it unlocked.

His email: [email protected]

His website: http://blowfishunlocks.com/index.php

Edited by 1800yolk

This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here...

Bless you, sir.

I just got my Streak tonight, and, after some hours, was able to do this with your (and others') instructions.

You are my hero!

Best,

Aaron in Seattle

I just got my Streak tonight, and, after some hours, was able to do this with your (and others') instructions.

...however, I'm having the problems many others are having such as being unable to get to many web sites (eg, get "this page contains too many server redirects" error on modaco.com!)...

Anyone have a fix?

Guest rich2000