How To Install Official Dell 2.2 Upgrade.pkg

Guest homeiss

Guest Wee Thomas
...however, I'm having the problems many others are having such as being unable to get to many web sites (eg, get "this page contains too many server redirects" error on modaco.com!)...

Anyone have a fix?

I'm guessing you are referring to the issue with the stock browser on 2.2. AFAIK, there is no fix right now. That said, I'm on Stephen's 1.4.6 build without that problem.

Edited by Wee Thomas

Guest davesanchez

Followed instructions just get black screen when i select update.pkg sdcard maybe getting stuck moving files when i copy and paste it says files already exist overwrite select yes but still do not paste over anyone got a solution would be appreciated

Guest davesanchez
To those who share my issue, here's how you resolve it:

I was stuck at the Dell logo with no way of using the recovery image for hours... couldn't boot the phone and couldn't boot the recovery image b/c it just went to a black screen using the one provided in this thread or I'd get a FOTA error if I used any other (given they too didn't lead to a black screen). Thanks to the help of Meralias on IRC, I found the actual recovery image for 6267 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6). This should allow you to install the 6267 update.pkg and be on your way toward froyo!

In other words, if you can't get past step 16, try flashing THIS recovery image!

Do you flash this via fastboot mode could you tell me please thanks

Guest radddogg

I was stuck at the Dell logo with no way of using the recovery image for hours... couldn't boot the phone and couldn't boot the recovery image b/c it just went to a black screen using the one provided in this thread or I'd get a FOTA error if I used any other (given they too didn't lead to a black screen). Thanks to the help of Meralias on IRC, I found the actual recovery image for 6267 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6). This should allow you to install the 6267 update.pkg and be on your way toward froyo!

In other words, if you can't get past step 16, try flashing THIS recovery image!

Thanks for this pal, it worked for me. I was pulling my hair out!

Awesome, thanks dude.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sdelliott

I followed this thread with the only problem was copy the two folders to the android directory. Needless to say now I have either a permanent Dell logo, or a blank screen. I have attempted fast booting other img files but to no avail. I started out going from att 1.6 to o2 2.1 and I was trying to get to the 2.2 that I had downloaded from Dell, or back to att 1.6 so I could get the 2.2 that way. I had changed names of pkg files to update and such. So right now I have nothing. Any suggestions. This is so frustrating. I want to either go back or finish whatever is easiest.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

i dunno what happened but i got my dell locked from at&t, got an at&t sim on it still but i'm running on O2 froyo and everything is working fine. is this ok?

Guest JackOutside

Hi and thanks for an informative post!

Quick question - I have a US Streak which I want to upgrade to 2.2 - I followed the guide "Guide to Upgrading and Downgrading the Streak", bringing my Streak from US 1.6 to O2 1.6 build 4399.

As soon as finished I got notified that there was an update available - that update is for the O2 2.2 version.

If I do that update, what are the implications? Will I lose functionality that I wouldn't get on the official Dell 2.2 build? Will my phone be wonky because I'm in the US and the build is for the UK?

Please, any and all information would be helpful - I searched thru this thread and didn't see anything

Thanks in advance

Guest chenxi1203
This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here and follow it to either go from AT&T 1.6 (build 6601) to O2 1.6 (build 4399), or to downgrade from DJ_Steve's ROM or from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to O2 1.6 (build 4399).

To get the Dell Official upgrade.pkg to install you must be running the 00 Baseband.

1. Download this zip file which contains a recovery for downgrading here.
  2. Move the recovery.img file to wherever your fastboot.exe is.
  3. Put your Streak into fastboot mode.
  4. Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img
  5. Once it says it's done writing type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
  6. Root your Streak using Universal Androot found here (you will ptobably have to click "Go Root" twice to get it to work).
  7. Now download RootExplorer from the Market.
  8. Download Official 1.6 (6267 Build) from here.
  9. Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  10. Dowload this file and put it on the root of your SD Card.
  11. Download this file and unzip it to your SD Card.
  12. In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).
  13. Now download a Terminal Emulator app and type: su
  14. This will give you superuser abilities and then type: flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
  15. Reboot your Streak and let it boot back into Android.
  16. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  17. It will take a while to install and boot.
  18. Download the newest build of the "Official Dell 2.2" from here.
  19. Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  20. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  21. Again, it will take a while to install and reboot, but when it does you should be running Dell's 2.2 (11548 Build) with the 00 Baseband.
Original source for downgrading to 00 BB: here

i am done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!be happy!!thank you

Guest El_Diablo666

Hi All,

I just received my Dell Streak from overseas as a gift, not sure which region its from. Startup shows the O2 Logo.

It currently has

Firmware: 2.1

Baseband: GAUSB1A120321-EU

Kernel: 2.6.29-perf

OEM Version: GAUSB1A120321

Build: 6941

If I complete these 21 steps, will I be able to upgrade to Froyo 2.2 and does anyone know if this will work with South African service providers. I currently have a Virgin Mobile sim working fine.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest squeekyjam

This guide is awesome!! thanks so much for making it homeiss! I just upgraded last night from stock Donut to O2 Donut to Dell's Froyo! and I'm loving it! to anyone having problems with Root Explorer, I had to buy the full version ($4, small price to pay for froyo goodness) in order to get the read/write functionality and then I just copied the individual files in each of the folders from homeiss' zip to their respective folders on the phone's memory. worked like a charm!

Guest thanawan

Now, I'm on O2 2.1 with baseband 21. I try to start upgrade to 2.2 by didn't back to 1.6.

I start at step 10, but I can't copy files to /etc and /system directory. I continued till step 14 and reboot. After reboot I stuck on dell logo.

I try to go to FastBoot mode but stuck on "Wait for USB FastBoot detect..."

How I can get my OS back? Please help

Guest JuttFear

I have Dell Streak M01m 1.6 with build 3883 can i follow these instructions or i have to do something before this

This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here and follow it to either go from AT&T 1.6 (build 6601) to O2 1.6 (build 4399), or to downgrade from DJ_Steve's ROM or from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to O2 1.6 (build 4399).

To get the Dell Official upgrade.pkg to install you must be running the 00 Baseband.

1. Download this zip file which contains a recovery for downgrading here.
  2. Move the recovery.img file to wherever your fastboot.exe is.
  3. Put your Streak into fastboot mode.
  4. Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img
  5. Once it says it's done writing type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
  6. Root your Streak using Universal Androot found here (you will ptobably have to click "Go Root" twice to get it to work).
  7. Now download RootExplorer from the Market.
  8. Download Official 1.6 (6267 Build) from here.
  9. Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  10. Dowload this file and put it on the root of your SD Card.
  11. Download this file and unzip it to your SD Card.
  12. In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).
  13. Now download a Terminal Emulator app and type: su
  14. This will give you superuser abilities and then type: flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
  15. Reboot your Streak and let it boot back into Android.
  16. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  17. It will take a while to install and boot.
  18. Download the newest build of the "Official Dell 2.2" from here.
  19. Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  20. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  21. Again, it will take a while to install and reboot, but when it does you should be running Dell's 2.2 (11548 Build) with the 00 Baseband.
Original source for downgrading to 00 BB: here

• 3 months later...
Guest avji

Thanks a lot for the tips. I am searching for something just like this. However, I have a slightly different experience.

I upgraded my dell streak to Honeycomb but found it has power management problem, which makes it undesirable. Then I downgraded it to Froyo following the instruction given below, and found that this is a T-mobile version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ghlight=nvflash

Actually, all I want is to restore it to dell's official version (my streak is independent from mobile companies). Would I be able to do that following your instruction?

I'll be grateful if you can help me with this question. Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...