Buglist (and peculiarities) on Official 2.2 Froyo

Guest GriZlore

Guest GriZlore

Running Official 2.2 Froyo (build 11548)

♦Market Force Closes occasionally when updating apps

♦Orientation sticks upside-down in landscape mode. When you turn off 'auto rotate' in setting it fixes, but then when back on again it is upside down

♦Don't like how you can't quickly get to the settings etc from click the clock area at the top right of the screen

♦Don't like Stage, especially how, when turned off you are stuck with a small area to place your icons. Is there a way to get a 6x3 layout like there is when you go into Applications menu?

Too many server redirects errors on some webpages.

Bluetooth doesnt automatically re_pair with some devices.

Bps in 720p mode is very low, jpeg compression is set low in photos.

Options for none mp4 modes aren't in camcorder app (yet are in aosp version)

Wifi doesnt always reconnect after using gprs

Ui isnt accelerated, schedulers running that arent needed,.

Hideous, almost obsessive amount of logging going on.

Way too much junk, adb remount doesn't work.

Not seen orientation stick, and settings press menu button, thats easy.

Set your apn right?

Hmm Access Point Network? Isnt that for WiFi only? Pardon my noobness

** EDIT **

Found APN option.. dude you rock. if you are ever in Paris I owe you a beer.

Edited by jimmyk

Guest haynesteve

Minor (?) problem with trial version of Co-Pilot, totally screwed up my purchased version, now won't let me get past activation, saying "Trial version expired" !!, Hoping CoPilot Technical Support can sort it

Guest RedSlug
Minor (?) problem with trial version of Co-Pilot, totally screwed up my purchased version, now won't let me get past activation, saying "Trial version expired" !!, Hoping CoPilot Technical Support can sort it

They are normally pretty good, drop them an email.

Guest unknown12

I installed the official build Jenn mentioned in the UPDATE. I have an unlockend Streak bought in Germany and I am on T-Mobile Germany.

The update did work well however I do NOT get any GSM/UMTS connection! All the other stuff works ok. Might be interesting for some people before trying to update. Now I have to see how I get out of this mess.

Any suggestions to get back to 1.6? I tried to use 'Streak_111_6267_00.pkg' as 'Update.pkg'. But any attempt to factory reset and use the 'Update.pkg' simply reset the 2.2 installation.

Have you tried entering the correct APN settings?

I installed the official build Jenn mentioned in the UPDATE. I have an unlockend Streak bought in Germany and I am on T-Mobile Germany.

The update did work well however I do NOT get any GSM/UMTS connection! All the other stuff works ok. Might be interesting for some people before trying to update. Now I have to see how I get out of this mess.

Any suggestions to get back to 1.6? I tried to use 'Streak_111_6267_00.pkg' as 'Update.pkg'. But any attempt to factory reset and use the 'Update.pkg' simply reset the 2.2 installation.

Guest unknown12
Have you tried entering the correct APN settings?

Yes, i did. But oddly enough Android doesn't store the APN settings I enter. Do I really need to configure an APN when i just simply want to get a GSM connection? I do get a list of all the networks available, but anytime I try to connect to my network I get 'No connection currently possible...'.

Does anyone know how to return to stock Dell 1.6 Android (EU, no O2 UK or US stuff)?

Guest GriZlore

anyone else?

Orientation sticks upside-down in landscape mode. When you turn off 'auto rotate' in setting it fixes, but then when back on again it is upside down

B)

Guest flamingsamurai

The only problem I find personally is that the camcorder FCs when you try to record in 720p via custom format.

I did get the FC on the market too though, but it only happened once.

Otherwise I find it quite acceptable. Steve's froyo lagged a bit when someone called or on screen wake, but this is slick all the time. Orientation change is a bit snappier too personally.

Battery is on par with steve's, 50% after 10 hours. Have not tried stage UI, working fine with launcherpro.

Edited by flamingsamurai

Guest OrionBG

After FC on the Camera app I decided I'll update the hard way! So I went all the way to 6267 and the updated the normal way with Update.pkg!

Now the Camera 720P recording work normally! There must be something else that is flashed with the pkg that is responsible for the camera!

So if you want to have it working, go to 6267_00 and then update with the pkg file!

If you ask me we shouldn't blame DELL for everything as it appears that some of the problems are due to our own mistakes!

Edited by OrionBG

Guest LorD CLockaN
After FC on the Camera app I decided I'll update the hard way! So I went all the way to 6267 and the updated the normal way with Update.pkg!

Now the Camera 720P recording work normally! There must be something else that is flashed with the pkg that is responsible for the camera!

So if you want to have it working, go to 6267_00 and then update with the pkg file!

DO you have problems with accessing some web pages?

Try modaco android forum strek division B).. I can't access it with dolphin. Opera mini works fine

Guest gordosje

I installed the update following smartstreak.com and it works like a charm. Question. Seems that LCD density on build.prop line is no longer there. I want to change it to 170 so i can use HTC Keyboard. I have the line to add, but where do i add it. Before it was set up as 160.

ro.sf.lcd_density=160

Thanks

Guest OrionBG
DO you have problems with accessing some web pages?

Try modaco android forum strek division B).. I can't access it with dolphin. Opera mini works fine

Yes! I have them! :) But I Use mostly Opera Mobile 10.1 so not a big problem! I'm sure DELL will fix this as quickly as they can!