PDMI port

Guest ellswj

How easy is it to swap the PDMI port out on the streak? the last pin on the right is bent over inside my phone and I think even if could be straightend out it would probably just break. Any ideas, any input would be greatly appriciated.

Guest kwenteen
How easy is it to swap the PDMI port out on the streak? the last pin on the right is bent over inside my phone and I think even if could be straightend out it would probably just break. Any ideas, any input would be greatly appriciated.

It depends...

are you ok with soldering ?

what do you use with your PDMI? do you use it for DATA and recharge only, or are you using the video out ?

If you are really comfy, you can open your streak, desolder your old PDMI connector, and reconnect a mini USB instead, by doing some minor rewiring... then glue your new connector ! My connector is ok, but I would like to swap it anyway, the PDMI connector is far to restrictive... The only pb is that you would loose video out in the process, and the ability to use specially designed accessories, like the Dock...

Guest prawnballs

Same thing happened to me.. I claimed under insurance and took delivery of a new Streak at the end of last week. If it happens again I'll be trying to change the connector myself. Those pins seem too easy to damage for my liking.