720P fix for both my build and official - confirmed working

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest vinokirk
what player are you using? I have not had the green bars since SteveFroyo 1.2

I accidentally made a paperweight at 1.1.1 and had to rebuild from 1.6 up again, I was pretending I was a HaXoR and built my own, not a pleasant experience.

I am using the stock media player and the DRM player that comes with Steves ROM.

I convert all my files to .mp4 before playing them on my Streak.

The green bars only happen when Im playing files that used to be 720p .mkv files.

The converted files work fine on my PC and fine on Steves v1.1.1 (and 1.2? i cant remember) But they have a green line on 1.3 1 and 1.4.1 for sure

Guest Tim6772
ive got the newer dsp file now also so ill probly be adding that to install info for my next build

What do you do as/for a proper job then Steve? Apart from sitting behind your pc assisting us lot lol

Dell should be head hunting you with these sort of skills.

Thanks from me for your time and help, token of my appreciation heading your way on pay day.

Cheers

Tim

Guest neostephan10

Its working.no FC's at all.my streak is dell direct 00 baseband EU.now currently on dj steve's v1.4.2.

Thank you steve for the superb rom.

can you tell me how to make a log so that I can upload it whenever some error occurs.

Guest SiegmundMarx
Where is the brightness menu? In the camera app or in the settings? Is the 720p the custom setting?

Start camera, switch to video.

In the camera-window : button on top (draw it with your finger to the left), scroll down the menu to the middle (Video size) and select 720p.

btw: works on 1.4.1 Dell direct unlock streak.

Thanks, Steve.

Edited by SiegmundMarx

Guest vagelis

One more happy, confirmed working customer here.

ATT Locked, 2.2 Official froyo.

Mr. Stephen Sir, what on earth is that file, that fixes the issue, and why can't Dell QA have those fixes done before they release?

We are grateful to you for supporting us B)

So if I may ask two more questions, is it possible to look at the Bluetooth Voice Search thing?

If you try to do a Voice Command on the headset, it works, but if FC's if you do it via a Bluethoogh Headset.

If that works in your 1.4.2, is it possible to load it over Stock 2.2 without having to wipe the device?

Thank you in advance for any possible answers.

Edited by vagelis

Guest vagelis
havn got a bluetooth headset to try itat min B) and that file is a firmware(software) update for the streaks dsp chip

Heck, I'll send you one, just tell me where I should send it to :)