*#*#307#*#* no longer works

Guest MikeF74

Guest MikeF74

I wanted to poke around the engineering mode stuff to see if I could see anything that might be causing the WiFi redirect problems, but entering *#*#307#*#* into the dialer now gives the message: "Need correct PASSPORT in SD card, please check it !!!". So, I guess a special file must be in place to use the code.

I wanted to poke around the engineering mode stuff to see if I could see anything that might be causing the WiFi redirect problems, but entering *#*#307#*#* into the dialer now gives the message: "Need correct PASSPORT in SD card, please check it !!!". So, I guess a special file must be in place to use the code.

nope two ways around it..

change build.ship to 0 in buid.prop (that courtesy of moneytoo) then do the usual code

or set a launcherpro "activity" to point to Emlist installer,I think that's the name, not sure if that's in the ship version, but it worked in the beta

adn press the shortcut it sets up

Guest Eric.Druse

Me, too, same thing happens on my streak since Eclair, and not on Froyo.

Guest jnovello
nope two ways around it..

change build.ship to 0 in buid.prop (that courtesy of moneytoo) then do the usual code

or set a launcherpro "activity" to point to Emlist installer,I think that's the name, not sure if that's in the ship version, but it worked in the beta

adn press the shortcut it sets up

There is no build.ship in Steve's 146 version of the build.prop and Launcher pro can not point to any emlist installer.

There is no build.ship in Steve's 146 version of the build.prop and Launcher pro can not point to any emlist installer.

Don't know how it works with launcher pro, but if you use ADW do this

Long press the homescreen>custom shortcut>pick your activity>activites>EMList>EMLIST(.EMListInstaller)

Now click on the new shortcut and you are done. You can now remove the shortcut.

To remove, do the same as above but choose EMList(.EMListUnInstaller) for the shortcut

Edited by msgnyc

Guest jnovello
Don't know how it works with launcher pro, but if you use ADW do this

Long press the homescreen>custom shortcut>pick your activity>activites>EMList>EMLIST(.EMListInstaller)

Now click on the new shortcut and you are done. You can now remove the shortcut.

To remove, do the same as above but choose EMList(.EMListUnInstaller) for the shortcut

No, that doesn't work either. I don't think Steve included the Emlist like in the first 2.2 build.

No, that doesn't work either. I don't think Steve included the Emlist like in the first 2.2 build.

That could be the culprit then. I am on the official 2.2 release by Dell just tweaked :P.

I won't be switching over to Steves rom until he atleast fixes the front facing cam so I can get video calls back.

I'm actually thinking about leaving 2.2 and going back to 1.6 because of this issue. I mean what the hells the point of having a FFC if you cant even use it?

Its the soul reason I chose the Streak over the X10 and it doesnt even work...... WTF!?!?!?

Edited by msgnyc

Guest haynesteve
That could be the culprit then. I am on the official 2.2 release by Dell just tweaked :P.

I won't be switching over to Steves rom until he atleast fixes the front facing cam so I can get video calls back.

I'm actually thinking about leaving 2.2 and going back to 1.6 because of this issue. I mean what the hells the point of having a FFC if you cant even use it?

Its the soul reason I chose the Streak over the X10 and it doesnt even work...... WTF!?!?!?

Erm, the front facing camera DOES work with Steve's 1.4.6 !!!!

Press menu button and just select.........

Erm, the front facing camera DOES work with Steve's 1.4.6 !!!!

Press menu button and just select.........

In the camera app yes there it works, but it doesn't work for video chatting using Fring, or Tango.

It just defaulted to the rear cam for me. Wont access the FFC.

Well, 1.4.5 didnt and noone has said anythig about if it was fixed for 1.4.6.

I post mostly over at XDA n it seems everyone avoids my question whenever I ask.

It's like everyone wanted an android phone with a FFC for video chatting so sooo badly, but noone uses it else they'd realize it wasn't working............

Edited by msgnyc

The emlist stuff doesn't work on steves because it's been removed, you can reinstall them if you want.

Extract them from a stock rom and drop them in system/app/ then reboot

I can upload them later if you need.

Guest Mark ......
In the camera app yes there it works, but it doesn't work for video chatting using Fring, or Tango.

It just defaulted to the rear cam for me. Wont access the FFC.

FYI, the official Dell Release of 2.2 also has no access to the front-facing-camera when running Tango