PS3 Jailbreak

Guest screwface

Guest Freekers

The Blade is just an Android device. If there is an app running on Android which can do a PS3 jailbreak, most likely the Blade can do it too.

Stop seeing the Blade as a phone model on itself. It's a phone running Android.

Stop reply in threads if you have no idea what you're talking about B)

You will have to use specially delveloped software, there is no "one solution fits all" for psfreedom. Not yet at least (and perhaps never will be?).

Guest sorrowuk
The Blade is just an Android device. If there is an app running on Android which can do a PS3 jailbreak, most likely the Blade can do it too.

You need to run psfmod recovery image on the blade to do it.

Psfmod is based on clockworkmod 2.5.1.0

The source is here - https://github.com/klutsh/psfModTools

I need to know what Phil changed to get clockworkmod working on the zte blade then I can appply those changes to this source

Guest Freekers
Stop reply in threads if you have no idea what you're talking about B)

You will have to use specially delveloped software, there is no "one solution fits all" for psfreedom. Not yet at least (and perhaps never will be?).

Sorry, didn't know that. But I have seen a lot of posts lately referring to the Blade as a standalone device but in reality it's just an Android phone.

Guest PeteBest
Any idea why this is done as a recovery image rather than just a root app on normal android?

Think I remember reading that it's got to boot a modified kernel to allow the usb hub type functionality that the psfreedom exploit uses. Not 100% sure, but that would make sense...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest 2smart4class

Anyone know if it possible with the blade, as previously mentioned klutsh did try to make it work with the blade but failed. However, it appears that any android phone with a qualcomm MSM7227 processor should be viable option. Anyone looking to do the same? or has been successful?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest deanhiggins2

you can now put custom firmware on ps3 as long as you have 3.55 software just google Kmeaw CFW and still go online with psn just use the dns trick so no need to update ps3 or jailbreak here is a link custom firmware

sorry if i can put this link

Edited by deanhiggins2

I know with modified firmwares it isn't really necessary any more, but it works.

I'll get it working with psfmod (currently I'm running it from the command line through the rs232) and then get in touch with klutsh.

You got it working?

I'm impressed.

I didn't really do much, I basically just followed the instructions.

Getting the recovery image to work was more difficult than psfreedom.

I think the major difference since klutsh attempted it is the release of the 2.6.32 code. I think Klutsh was trying it on 2.6.29.

2.6.29 by default uses the older msm_hsusb driver which is not supported by psfreedom. 2.6.32 uses msm_72K which is supported.

Here is a psfMod image. Flash to recovery. PSFreedom options are in advanced.

psfsm-0.3.4-blade.img md5sum: ed9ed2867fd53391445dbede945b5237

I tested it on a PS3 slim running 3.41 and it worked.

Have fun.

Guest deanhiggins2
I didn't really do much, I basically just followed the instructions.

Getting the recovery image to work was more difficult than psfreedom.

I think the major difference since klutsh attempted it is the release of the 2.6.32 code. I think Klutsh was trying it on 2.6.29.

2.6.29 by default uses the older msm_hsusb driver which is not supported by psfreedom. 2.6.32 uses msm_72K which is supported.

Here is a psfMod image. Flash to recovery. PSFreedom options are in advanced.

psfsm-0.3.4-blade.img md5sum: ed9ed2867fd53391445dbede945b5237

I tested it on a PS3 slim running 3.41 and it worked.

Have fun.

will this wipe my 2.2 rom

will this wipe my 2.2 rom

It replaces the recovery image. Flash it the same way you would any other recovery (there are several ways). It will not effect the normal phone partitions, only recovery. When you want to use it you reboot into recovery, once the PS3 is started you can reboot into the normal phone OS.

• 2 years later...
Guest damatrixman

Hi i have been looking all of the internet for this as i have a ZTE blade and need to remarry my PS3 drive. Does anyone have a copy of file Tom G post? psfsm-0.3.4-blade.img md5sum: ed9ed2867fd53391445dbede945b5237?

Would be really appreciated.  The url http://www.flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/psfsm-0.3.4-blade.img seems to be down currently! And so is the original link :( https://github.com/k...evice_zte_blade. Would appropriate if anyone has a backup. Thanks

Edited by damatrixman