2.2: Browser no longer loading pages using EDGE/3G

Guest zipr0

Is anyone else seeing this? The browser stopped loading (any kind of) websites over EDGE or 3G. Wifi works fine.

I already did a factory restore, wiped the sd card etc., no change.

Data connectivity in general is fine, though - all other apps (including 3rd party browsers) have normal data access. Even live-search inside the browser works.

Anything else I can try?

Guest toyfreak
Is anyone else seeing this? The browser stopped loading (any kind of) websites over EDGE or 3G. Wifi works fine.

I already did a factory restore, wiped the sd card etc., no change.

Data connectivity in general is fine, though - all other apps (including 3rd party browsers) have normal data access. Even live-search inside the browser works.

Anything else I can try?

I'm getting "too many redirects" errors on official Dell 2.2... Also wap.cingular APN was not set up properly (needed username and password to be entered). Tried all the stuff you have and still no luck.

I'm getting "too many redirects" errors on official Dell 2.2... Also wap.cingular APN was not set up properly (needed username and password to be entered). Tried all the stuff you have and still no luck.

Thanks for the hint with the APN - that was it. I also get the redirects error for some websites, but at least the browser (in general) works again.

For some reason, the APN settings I had manually entered for my provider had been overwritten with some faulty default settings :-/

It's just funny that all apps worked except for the browser?