How To: flash rom in WIN 7 64bit

Guest greenonion

Guest greenonion

i do haver MIT SAMSUNG DRIVER but it is the wrong one, new one. so how to get the old one to work? It is not written for 64bit. and the topic of how to do it was deleted....

can somebody help?

Guest Freezy1982
i do haver MIT SAMSUNG DRIVER but it is the wrong one, new one. so how to get the old one to work? It is not written for 64bit. and the topic of how to do it was deleted....

can somebody help?

Have you tried the Tutorial of this Collection Thread #Post 2?

Guest greenonion
Have you tried the Tutorial of this Collection Thread #Post 2?

yes i did and it is not usable... dead links and so on...

Pasted from http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...gnize-my-phone/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you have to do is to follow this guide: How to flash your Omnia 2 under Win7 32 & 64bit, VIDEO GUIDE (don't worry about the "i8000", it works like a charm to B7610 too).

(Here is the link to the youtube video).

Let me explain the steps:

1. Download the staff: a. OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.zip b. CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34.zip c. usb driver ( X86 or X64)

1. TURN OFF your phone (disconnected from the pc).

2. Restart the pc. On power on (before Windows loads) press regularly the F8 button (in order to get a list). Select the “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” and press Enter.

3. When Windows load completely connect the phone to the usb (TURNED OFF). Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System" and press "Device manager". Then go to the "mobile devices" right click on the phone and select the "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" -->Choose "Let me pick from the list of device drivers on my computer" --> Click on "Have Disk" and "Browse" and select the usb driver (c. from step 1) Click on "OK" and then "Next".

4. Go to the "CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34" folder and run the "setup.exe" --> Click "INSTALL" and the "OK".

5. Disconnect the phone from the pc (DON'T OPEN THE PHONE).

6. Go to the "OCTANS Downloader" folder, Right Click "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe", go to Compatibility Tab an set compatibility to "Windows Xp Sp2".

7. Run "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe" make the selections you want as described here (remember the phone is Disconnected and TURNED OFF)

8. Press Detect and connect the phone. Octans will detect the device and the "Start Downloading" button will become available.

9. Press "Start Downloading" button cross your fingers and HAPPY Flashing (say thanks, it doesn't cost).

p.s.: ALL credits go to Rapid 81 and ErnstJanF for saving our a**es.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Thunder141

I flashed with win 7 64 bit the following way:

- pressed f8 while booting. Then disable driver signature checking

- connected b7610 to my pc. Switch off b7610.

- Changed the Samsung MIT Driver in Devicemanager to the win xp 64 bit version of activesync driver (drivers attached to post)

- Added properties of octan to compatibility win xp sp3

- Started octan with b7610 not connected

- select my nb0, press detect

- switch on b7610

- Downloading rom to device is possible

After this every time you want to flash your device, you have to repeat step 1 or you must install driver signature enforcement overider with sets your win 7 in a testmode that allows install of unsigned drivers

yes i did and it is not usable... dead links and so on...

Pasted from http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...gnize-my-phone/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you have to do is to follow this guide: How to flash your Omnia 2 under Win7 32 & 64bit, VIDEO GUIDE (don't worry about the "i8000", it works like a charm to B7610 too).

(Here is the link to the youtube video).

Let me explain the steps:

1. Download the staff: a. OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.zip b. CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34.zip c. usb driver ( X86 or X64)

1. TURN OFF your phone (disconnected from the pc).

2. Restart the pc. On power on (before Windows loads) press regularly the F8 button (in order to get a list). Select the “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” and press Enter.

3. When Windows load completely connect the phone to the usb (TURNED OFF). Go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System" and press "Device manager". Then go to the "mobile devices" right click on the phone and select the "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" -->Choose "Let me pick from the list of device drivers on my computer" --> Click on "Have Disk" and "Browse" and select the usb driver (c. from step 1) Click on "OK" and then "Next".

4. Go to the "CDMA_Modem_driver_4.34" folder and run the "setup.exe" --> Click "INSTALL" and the "OK".

5. Disconnect the phone from the pc (DON'T OPEN THE PHONE).

6. Go to the "OCTANS Downloader" folder, Right Click "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe", go to Compatibility Tab an set compatibility to "Windows Xp Sp2".

7. Run "OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe" make the selections you want as described here (remember the phone is Disconnected and TURNED OFF)

8. Press Detect and connect the phone. Octans will detect the device and the "Start Downloading" button will become available.

9. Press "Start Downloading" button cross your fingers and HAPPY Flashing (say thanks, it doesn't cost).

p.s.: ALL credits go to Rapid 81 and ErnstJanF for saving our a**es.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activesync_x64_Drivers.zip

Edited by Thunder141