Got your Vega? Share your thoughts!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest removed-14
One quick question for those who were first wave types who have lucked in and got theirs! B)

Does this bad boy use MicroSD or normal SD? I am guessing 4gb wont be enough and was thinking of going to fleabay to get myself a bigger card in anticipation.

MicroSD. It comes with a 4gb class 4 I think .

Guest daniel.weck
I cant believe it Ive been following this all day. It comes back in stock while im in the bath and is sold out by the time I get out B)

Flabbergasted: out of stock for the latest shipment. We're working to get more and will update soon. Sorry for any disappointment.

http://twitter.com/AdventVega/status/7141239627456513

Shower, don't bathe :) :)

Guest removed-14

I fully charged mine at 4.45 and have been using it solid since, installing apps, browsing, playing games none stop and not once have I had any issues. Battery is at 70% after 2 hours. I'm impressed! Posting this from my Vega (of course!)

Guest English Haze

Has anyone else tried Facebook and Gmail web sites yet?

I can't post a damned thing on Facebook because the keyboard opens once on first load and then vanishes the first time you press the space key and will not re-appear. Gmail page opens but I cannot scroll the in-box page unless I resize the page first (pinch zoom). This is not very usable like this.

The lack of a cursor button is also very frustrating when you want to position the cursor to edit text. You just have to stab at the screen until you get the cursor in the right place.

And Google Maps force closes after you install it from Appslib.

Edited by English Haze

Guest amarko5
I cant believe it Ive been following this all day. It comes back in stock while im in the bath and is sold out by the time I get out B)

some bath that then 1.5 hours :) LOL

seriously though sorry u missed out , ,take showers in future :)

Guest amarko5

perhaps it's because there is no GPS or 3G on the vega and as such google maps wouldn't be much use (i'm just guessing that or missing some other files perhaps)

Guest removed-14

I can't post a damned thing on Facebook because the keyboard opens once on first load and then vanishes the first time you press the space key and will not re-appear. Gmail page opens but I cannot scroll the in-box page unless I resize the page first (pinch zoom). This is not very usable like this.

The lack of a cursor button is also very frustrating when you want to position the cursor to edit text. You just have to stab at the screen until you get the cursor in the right place.

Gmail and facebook have never worked well on any android device I've tried. Use the mobile versions or for gmail the simple html version. For the cursor issue I've downloaded a new keyboard which has cursor keys built in. I didn't have any trouble with Google Maps but I installed from APKtor not AppsLib.

Guest English Haze
Gmail and facebook have never worked well on any android device I've tried.

Both work fine on my HTC Hero. And what are the general public going to think when they click on the Facebook button emblazoned on the bottom of the screen and they can't actually post an update? If this is an issue link to the mobile versions straight off.

Usability problems are going to make this a return within 7 days at this rate.

Guest removed-14
Both work fine on my HTC Hero. And what are the general public going to think when they click on the Facebook button emblazoned on the bottom of the screen and they can't actually post an update? If this is an issue link to the mobile versions straight off.

Usability problems are going to make this a return within 7 days at this rate.

I've just posted a status update with the browser to facebook and it worked fine. One thing I noticed early on is that javascript was off in the browser settings so that could easily break facebook and gmail.

Edited by removed-14

Guest English Haze
I've just posted a status updare with the browser to facebook and it worked fine.

Javascript is on. I cannot post a Facebook status update on the full site to save my life. The keyboard pops up once after tapping the "what's on your mind?" input box if I'm lucky and vanishes while I'm typing after half a dozen key presses. Useless!

All the other input fields seem to work OK. I can comment on other posts and enter text in the other input fields. The status update box presents a slightly different keyboard (when it appears) without the split space/tab bar at the bottom. Not happy B)

Guest HugoQueiriga

How is everyone finding the Vega not having hardware buttons?

Was looking at other tablets with similar spec and harware buttons like Viewsonic G, but went for Vega as it was in stock and I can't find Viewsonic G in europe. B)

Pretty pleased with the Vega, gotta say!

The viewing angles aren't amazing on the screen, but the screen itself is nice and bright and clear.

Needs some software work (Google bits), but with those it'll be a right old bargain I think! B)

P

PS Grab Angry Birds from getjar.com (identify your device as a nexus one).

Pretty pleased with the Vega, gotta say!

The viewing angles aren't amazing on the screen, but the screen itself is nice and bright and clear.

Needs some software work (Google bits), but with those it'll be a right old bargain I think! B)

P

PS Grab Angry Birds from getjar.com (identify your device as a nexus one).

Can the rotation issue be fixed so that Apps read the screen to be portrait rather than landscape as default?

Sorry to be daft. Got the APK from getjar now where do I copy it to on the vega?

Use the Vega browser to download the APK from getjar and then open it on the Vega! :-D

Guest debs626
can anyone get tweetdeck running for me? not sure if there's an apk out there but it's on market

Couldnt get tweetdect to install but running Tweetcaster ok, dont get audio alerts but it gives status bar alert. Also tried Facebook for android, same as tweetcaster - no notifications but runs fine B)

Going to try some IM apps later on, see if I can fine one that i'm happy with.

At the moment I'm very pleased with the amount of apps that are installing and running with hardly any faults, I really wasn't expecting this.

I've just sat and watched Eastenders via iplayer and it ran very smooth, not crystal clear but very watch-able.