Got your Vega? Share your thoughts!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest daniel.weck
I think you may have missed my point, I was asking about the 3D launcher featured on the video around the 3.15 min mark, looks cool, not seen it before and its not on the market, wonder if anybody has seen it or know where to get it ?

I don't know about this particular one, but if you like 3D you can try the app drawer from Launcher Pro, and Homescreen 3D.

I don't know about this particular one, but if you like 3D you can try the app drawer from Launcher Pro, and Homescreen 3D.

Thanks, I have launcher pro on my desire, not seen homescreen 3D yet though so will give it a look, wish I could find the one in that video though lol

noone has mentioned bluetooth yet... sure i saw it on the spec sheet?

Yup it's there - paired it with a G-Sat GPS receiver - Showed paired but, not connected - suspect it doesn't know what to do with it.

Guest daniel.weck
Yup it's there - paired it with a G-Sat GPS receiver - Showed paired but, not connected - suspect it doesn't know what to do with it.

Allow "mock locations" in Android settings, and use Bluetooth to GPS utilities (available on the Market). No need for Google Maps to test your current location, just use a small GPS raw data visualizer utility.

Guest amarko5
My effort at and Unboxing Video.

and a link to quick look video will follow, below.

Very sorry about the poor quality of these videos, especially the out of focus "quick look", but it should give you an idea of the responsiveness of the Vega, at least.

It might take a little while before they are viewable, as they are still processing.

must be some size that first one B) still not processed :)

Anyone got Kindle working on the Vega yet?

Hey I have managed to get Kindle working fine and have downloaded all my books. Cant remember where i found the apk but just searched in google for it.

Guest English Haze

I installed Dolphin browser and it's a big improvement but I can't do basic stuff like download files or add themes. I get the "no applications can perform this action" message. What am I missing?

Edited by English Haze

About video hardware decoding:

The Tegra 250 chip does not support High Level AVC, only Base

http://tegradeveloper.nvidia.com/tegra/for...ts-t20tegra-250

Ouch B) That'll remove it from a class of applications then.... I guess we'll have to wait for Tegra 3 and see if it makes it into that. I know these are supposed to be "internet" tablets, but to cut out a whole raft of other applications when Nvidia have the capability seems very silly.

Think I might return mine, one of the reasons I wanted it was for pdf reading in portrait mode, but the viewing angles in portrait are pretty bad so I ended up with a headache after 10 minutes.

Guest removed-14
Think I might return mine, one of the reasons I wanted it was for pdf reading in portrait mode, but the viewing angles in portrait are pretty bad so I ended up with a headache after 10 minutes.

Yes the portrait angles aren't great. Looks like the real cost of a decent screen is the cost!

My wifi keeps disconnecting. Does anyone else have this issue?

Mine has been fine, connected to my home wireless (Netgear) and tethered to my phone (HTC Desire). When I switch the Vega off it disconnects but on switch on is back connected within 10-20 seconds.

Guest removed-14
What are they like with large PDFs?

Couple of hundred pages, usually complicated layout, often in colour. (Specifically roleplaying game PDFs)

If you can provide a link to one ill give it a try.

Guest hullmackem

mmmm not really an issue for me, I'll probably never use it in portrait mode.

Guest removed-14
mmmm not really an issue for me, I'll probably never use it in portrait mode.

I'm the same. Mine is mainly for web browsing, twitter and playing with ROMs that come out.

Guest andrewg12345

WE WANT VIDS - WE WANT VIDS - WE WANT VIDS

Come on guys start making those user review videos - full commentry and honest opinion.

And remeber to put ADVENT VEGA in the title so we know where to find them on youtube - Thanks

Guest removed-14
WE WANT VIDS - WE WANT VIDS - WE WANT VIDS

Come on guys start making those user review videos - full commentry and honest opinion.

And remeber to put ADVENT VEGA in the title so we know where to find them on youtube - Thanks

I will try to do more videos soon, but work is in the way at the moment and GT5 arrived yesterday and I've yet to even put it in my PS3 yet!!

Guest BuzzGuzz
I will try to do more videos soon, but work is in the way at the moment and GT5 arrived yesterday and I've yet to even put it in my PS3 yet!!

You've got a Vega and GT5 and you're worried about work????

Guest TylerDurdenK

I've just made a video of the Vega connected up via HDMI to my 50" plasma, via my AV Amp. The results are pretty good, I must say. I'm particualarly impressed that the HDMI output supports audio and video output, and the sound quality is especially good.

I'm doing some editing before I upload it.

Guest friedgoldmole
I've just made a video of the Vega connected up via HDMI to my 50" plasma, via my AV Amp. The results are pretty good, I must say. I'm particualarly impressed that the HDMI output supports audio and video output, and the sound quality is especially good.

I'm doing some editing before I upload it.

Looking forward to this video. Can you test out flash video on then tv as well?