Got your Vega? Share your thoughts!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 5c00ter

The guys on the twitter account AdventVega are happy to take questions etc. especially if there's any teething problems. If you're on Twitter then it's probably a good call to send them your questions/issues.

P.S. They're fairly quick at answering questions.

Guest firedup

Does the mail tvcatchup.com site work well? How does the video look?

Anyone been able to play and output HD to a TV?

Grrrr...mines been out for attempted delivery but the bloody missus was at Sainsbury's!

Guest TylerDurdenK
Just asked on twitter about the widget issue.

waiting for reply.

I get the following error when trying to add widgets to the home screen.

The application Launcher (process com.android.ilauncher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Guest Curfish

First impressions from me

+Screen is very responsive

+viewing angles seem ok, but not a amazing

-it wont seem to connect to my wireless

-the screen is so reflective, its like looking in a mirror even on full brightness. will be useless for outdoor use

Cheers

Guest shutdown
-the screen is so reflective, its like looking in a mirror even on full brightness. will be useless for outdoor use

oh no! I plan to use it as a clapperboard in video production, be no good if it's reflecting the camera

Guest debs626

me taking my vega out of the box and a very quick startup demo

(sorry for the angle and quality)

.mkv 720 file plays ok, was a tiny bit jittery at first but played smoothly after 20 seconds or so.

Scratch that ^^^ plays video but no sound B)

Edited by debs626

Guest Bisto321
re. apps, does that mean the only way to get them on the tablet is:-

1. from Archos site (selection looks pretty poor), or

2. direct from developers site?

Yep until Paul gets his - then you will all have market about 15 minutes later.

You may be able to DIY it with the info and advice from the viewsonic chaps in the good'ol US of A here -----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209

Mount, check for ADB recognition in cmd line and try oneclick root. Then follow the above, almost worked for folio but the google framework was not presenting the MAC address correctly and failed at registration.

Dexter chap on XDA has modded the 'search and replace' code and market reg now works on the folio. If the viewsonic thread does not work, I am sure paul can achieve the same very easily.

Guest debs626
Does the mail tvcatchup.com site work well? How does the video look?

Anyone been able to play and output HD to a TV?

Grrrr...mines been out for attempted delivery but the bloody missus was at Sainsbury's!

If you click on the "watch now" links in the tvcatchup tv guide it works but wont go full screen :s bit glitchy but watchable (could be my internet connection)

Guest hullmackem
If you click on the "watch now" links in the tvcatchup tv guide it works but wont go full screen :s bit glitchy but watchable (could be my internet connection)

Is the general consensus that screen is not very good ???

Guest Bisto321
hmm not heard anyone jumping for joy really. all feels anti-climatic now you're getting them

it's like boxing day already B)

Bound to happen really - thrill of the chase and all that. Now you have caught it wot you gonna do wiv it?

Shame about the screen, may put lots off. Better to have paid £240 for it than £330 though!

Guest Matrix Mike

me taking my vega out of the box and a very quick startup demo

(sorry for the angle and quality)

.mkv 720 file plays ok, was a tiny bit jittery at first but played smoothly after 20 seconds or so.

Mmm that screen is very reflective B)