03/Mar Gr26 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LidanHa

Hi,

I'm having the following error message when trying to flash the zip:

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 405:

write_raw_image PACKAGE.boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Does anyone know what is up with this error? How can I solve this?

Thanks! :P you are doing an amazing job.

Guest LidanHa
Hi,

I'm having the following error message when trying to flash the zip:

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 405:

write_raw_image PACKAGE.boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Does anyone know what is up with this error? How can I solve this?

Thanks! :P you are doing an amazing job.

Hi,

I solved it by upgrading hboot from 0.33 to 0.35.

Hope googlers could find this post. (I didn't!)

• 2 weeks later...
Paul,

Now that the Nexus One is getting Gingerbread, will you be updating the kitchen?

Can we please get a timeline?

Id say that would take a while, remember how long we waited for r24?

Fingers crossed though!

Guest LidanHa

Hi,

Did anyone is experiencing issues when the phone is fully charged?

Within a week, three times my phone reached full charge, the green light of the nexus is on and the phone is not responding!

There is just black screen, and the phone is not responding at all. The only way to revive it, is to remove the battery and insert again.

I had cyanogen mod installed for about a year and never experienced anything like this before.

Does anyway has a clue or know someone had the same problem?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by LidanHa

Guest declanc
Hi,

Did anyone is experiencing issues when the phone is fully charged?

Within a week, three times my phone reached full charge, the green light of the nexus is on and the phone is not responding!

There is just black screen, and the phone is not responding at all. The only way to revive it, is to remove the battery and insert again.

I had cyanogen mod installed for about a year and never experienced anything like this before.

Does anyway has a clue or know someone had the same problem?

Thanks a lot!

I found that I had a corrupted SD card. Must have been something hardware in the SD as a normal format didnt fix it. 1 new SD card later and it was perfect !

Guest BrumBrum74

Twitter FCs for me after baking with Twittermod included.

Edit:

Uninstall lets me run the program, but after reboot Twitter FCs again.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest groetting

Is it me or does this kitchen release include a obsolete radio image? the version I already have installed since mcr24 is 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08? the one included with the kitchen says 32.41 which is the newest?

Eirik

Guest airchie

I was just about to say I'm getting similar twitter issues but Paul's already fixed it! :)

Can I re-bake and apply the ROM directly over the current one?

I wiped everything when flashing this ROM so everything should be set correctly etc.

Cheers :huh:

Is it me or does this kitchen release include a obsolete radio image? the version I already have installed since mcr24 is 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08? the one included with the kitchen says 32.41 which is the newest?

Eirik

Yes, the reason for this is it's the one Google are shipping with the udpate.

I was just about to say I'm getting similar twitter issues but Paul's already fixed it! :D

Can I re-bake and apply the ROM directly over the current one?

I wiped everything when flashing this ROM so everything should be set correctly etc.

Cheers :huh:

You surely can! :P

will trackball wake be added back to the kitchen?

thanks!

I'm working on it. :)

P

Guest gaeng4665

I tried to flash r25 but so far not successful. I'm using the latest Clockworkmod recovery, latest hboot and the 5.0.8 radio which i extracted from the ota and manually flashed via fastboot. Tried it with and without the radio image as well with a self kanged version of r25, but i encounter always the same problem that apps, which should be installed onto the data partition like titanium backup fail to install.

Any solution for that?

Many thanks

Edited by gaeng4665

Guest LidanHa
I found that I had a corrupted SD card. Must have been something hardware in the SD as a normal format didnt fix it. 1 new SD card later and it was perfect !

Hi, thanks for your reply

I formatted my SD card and it didn't help.

I'm not sure if I should buy a new one since I didn't had any issues when Cyanogen installed.

Guest jsl.com

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

P

Thanks for the update Paul!

I've got a question about your disclaimer (and no I'm not a lawyer). Should I interpret your message to mean that this will definitely be the last MCR for the Nexus One? Another interpretation could be that you are not planning any future N1 MCR updates but that you MAY produce some. A third interpretation is that you plan to do N1 MCR updates sparsely but you don't want to commit yourself for life.

Which one of my interpretations best represents your position?

Best regards,

Jeff

I've got a question about your disclaimer (and no I'm not a lawyer). Should I interpret your message to mean that this will definitely be the last MCR for the Nexus One? Another interpretation could be that you are not planning any future N1 MCR updates but that you MAY produce some. A third interpretation is that you plan to do N1 MCR updates sparsely but you don't want to commit yourself for life.

Best regards,

Jeff

It's on all releases now (I think), I definitely saw it over on the Nexus S forums. Great work btw Paul, running smooth here, tb wake and it's perfect :)

You're the man! Still dominating the scene.... happy to be here.

You really needed to quote that? :huh:

Guest jsl.com

I've baked, downloaded, and flashed a few times today. In all cases the Titanium Backup application is not appearing for me. I suppose that I could just download it from the Marketplace but I *DID* check the box to include it in the ROM. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Jeff

The correct interpretation would be...

"I may or may not issue future updates depending on my time availability, device availability and other factors. If you assume there won't be, you can only be pleasantly surprised if there is."

:huh:

P