Malez on Rogers/Fido ROMs

Guest Harness

Guest Harness

I know how to install Malez obviously. My issue lies in a stock recovery image reflashing itself every time the phone turns off. I saw that this happens with an .img file on these forums or xda but I don't know what directory/partition/etc does it, so I can't fix it with Malez' or someone else's help. If you don't understand my problem I'll try and clarify but basically, until I figure out where the recovery image is that's reflashing, I can't fix the problem.

Godspeed,

Harness.

Guest snootched
I know how to install Malez obviously. My issue lies in a stock recovery image reflashing itself every time the phone turns off. I saw that this happens with an .img file on these forums or xda but I don't know what directory/partition/etc does it, so I can't fix it with Malez' or someone else's help. If you don't understand my problem I'll try and clarify but basically, until I figure out where the recovery image is that's reflashing, I can't fix the problem.

Godspeed,

Harness.

If you have access to "adb shell" I believe the 'find' command works in stock (but I cannot recall) .. if you can run 'find' try this:

find / -iname *.img

...assuming it's actually named with a .img extension. Another option is to look through the scripts and see if you can find the one that executes on shutdown and pull the file location from there..

Check if you have this file :

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh (called from boot.img)

If yes, remove it.

This script will patch recovery with /system/recovery-from-boot.p, so you can remove this file too.

Edited by vache