Android 1.5 / 2.1 / 2.2

Guest DanWilson

Guest DanWilson

What did you guys think?

Only really directed at old followers of the Pulse.

Two other things.

1.5 Cupcake on one of the 2.1 ROMs? Like the HU UPDATA? I can't be bothered Time Machining.

Also - how hard would porting CM3 (or latest Cupcake CM) to the Pulse

Because (in my mind) 1.5 was fastest. 2.1 was well behind. CM6 / 2.2 was much faster.

So surely CM*Cupcake* would be the epic king?

Guest JimJam707
What did you guys think?

Two other things.

1.5 Cupcake on one of the 2.1 ROMs? Like the HU UPDATA? I can't be bothered Time Machining.

Because (in my mind) 1.5 was fastest. 2.1 was well behind. CM6 / 2.2 was much faster.

Well, if 1.6 got ported I believe that would be epic sauce. It would be fast AND have support for more applications.

Am I right?

Guest DanWilson
Well, if 1.6 got ported I believe that would be epic sauce. It would be fast AND have support for more applications.

Am I right?

Yeah, but building on an existing ROM is easier than building yet another CM platform.

Remember Jamie, we have no devs left. I think.

I know we have testers, and we have smart people, but no devs.

(If there are any devs left, sorry!)

Guest JimJam707
Yeah, but building on an existing ROM is easier than building yet another CM platform.

Remember Jamie, we have no devs left. I think.

I know we have testers, and we have smart people, but no devs.

(If there are any devs left, sorry!)

Ah, good point Dan.

B) @ Devs

Why?!

WHY??!!!

Man, I should take up acting. I'm gooood.

Guest suriya83
What did you guys think?

Two other things.

it's crazy to thinka about 1.5/1.6 nowadays in my opinion.

if some dev wants to do something i hope he will work on 2.2

Edited by suriya83

Guest Sh4d0w940
All I want is a fast, reliable ROM. 1.5 has been the only ROM to do this for me.

2.2 is stable here and altough it's not super fast (not using overclock or swap) it's very acceptable for me.

And the fastest rom would be an overclocked Cupcake I guess.

Sh4d0w940

Guest DanWilson
2.2 is stable here and altough it's not super fast (not using overclock or swap) it's very acceptable for me.

And the fastest rom would be an overclocked Cupcake I guess.

Sh4d0w940

Which I want to try.

However, since development is picking up (new people are trying it), maybe I won't.

Guest spanner44

For the moment I would say that the JMod is fairly consistent, reliable and runs at a decent speed.

I didn't have time to stick with the orginal android OS, as I upgraded to FLB as soon as I got it. I switched then to CM6, then back to FLB oc and finally ended up with JMod.

Out of them all I found that FLB and the oc version were great, swap and A2SD worked but I kept having a lot of Force Closes.

CM6 is good, reasonably fast especially when overclocked, but I couldn't get A2SD to work and recognise my partitions, was frustrated that the camera doesn't work 100 %, no front facing camera and more importantly, development seems to have totally stopped. I understand that it is near complretion and workable, but with nightly builds continuing at Cyanogen, I would have thought that things could have been tweaked and fine tuned to get the very best out of this Rom and Pulse.

Finally, returned to JMod, after reading a lot of positive feedback from his thread, installed without problems, A2SD recognised partions straight away, and it runs very well and had no crashes, restarts and only one slight problem, it seems to have a slight problem with Handcent wbout once a day, where I just press wait, and then it is okay. All Cameras work, front and back, no problem with wifi etc. The other plus point, is the developer, John Porter is still tweaking and taking this Rom as far as he can with a soon to be released Rom.

So for now I would say 2.1

i left jmod which runs very good, because i wanted voice-actions.

so i used toms 6.1. till today.

after a while i installed dt a2sd, disabled compcache and ran a2sd cachesd. so i have enough space on the phone.

with enabled jit in the cyanogen settings it runs very good. (same as jmods)

for multitasking i use the swap partition (i have 256mb but i use only 30% [swappy30 in dta2sd]).

i disabled setcpu, because after some time it feels laggy, and only use the preinstalled scaling_governors 248-528mhz settings.

i have U8220 with an 8gb class 6 running. on the card i have 512 ext2 and 256 swap, the rest is fat32

so i voted for 2.2

Edited by msig

Guest darkdevil1
All I want is a fast, reliable ROM. 1.5 has been the only ROM to do this for me.

Same. I've been running 2.1 and 2.2 for ages but I'm rolling back to 1.5 today. I've had it with the stability issues that I seem to be suffering