Way above my head, help appreciated

Guest skaffer

Guest skaffer

Basically, i bought this phone on ebay, works fine and everything. I wanted to upgrade to 2.2 when i realized it brought me to some Malez menu and i get the error code

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build : Malez-liquid-0.6

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro..build.display.id") ==

"Acer_LiquidE_1.100.03E:unkown command [_PA_RO

G"]

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i try to boot the update.zip i got from the acer website for rogers customers. Basically i have absolutely no idea what to do because i am not familiar with this software as i did not install it. I don't know what i have to flash or even how to flash (that word is coming up alot). Some instructions would be great to get be to froyo 2.2 (simplified steps). If there's anything missing from this you have to know let me know and i'm more than glad to help.

Another option would be just a way to set my phone to its original software before malez got installed so i can install the update.zip from the acer website.

Thanks

Guest skaffer
You have to flash a earlier rom that have a .bin before you can flash that rom becouse you need acer's official recovery.

k where is this earlier rom...i know how to flash a bin using acer tool, that's about it, but i don't know what file i need to flash

Guest split2th
k where is this earlier rom...i know how to flash a bin using acer tool, that's about it, but i don't know what file i need to flash

Flash this bin using acer tools 3.1.

http://hotfile.com/dl/74382305/dcfa985/4.5...05_bin.zip.html

Then you can try the official release. Might not work because the official release checks to see if you are using original rogers 2.1.

If it doesn't work reinstall Malez recovery. And use this rom. It is the official rom without checks.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDDAWSIY