03/Mar Gr26 - NO SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest David Szabo
Thanks paul! Great rom, only 1 small thing, the notification led doesn't work, and the settings are for the"track ball light" :(

Besides this, great ROM. Trackball wake option in the kitchen would be great too. Thanks Paul!

Guest cllobera

Hi,

Is standard Froyo A2SD in the prebacked ROM ?

I want the standard A2SD the one tha install the apps in ./android_secure

Is that possible with this ROM. ?

thanks in advance.

Guest renegade027

Excellent!!! Thank you very much, Paul. It's really awesome to have a stable/reliable everyday use Gingerbread ROM for the Desire.

And now the issues:

1. I can't seem to make ES File Explorer work with the root options - when I have those enabled it refuses to see the SD card :(

2. Anything I have restored from a Tituanium backup can't bee seen in 'my apps' in market, yet works all right with no FC - just can't get updates for those apps. - A re-instal fixed this one and the next.

3. How on earth do I edit the build.prop? And which one? There's a 'nopassword' one there too, but anytime I change something (LCD density to 220 or wifi rescan to 60) The changes look like they get saved but on reboot, they are gone...

Now the wishlist:

+1 on the trackpad wake/unlock - I'm trying to figure out how to do that myself, but no luck so far - there's this file /usr/keyleyout/bravo-keypad.kl which I played around with - like set 'camera' to 'wake_drop' but it doesn't work. Can't think of anything else to try.

It would be really nice to have those pull-down menu controls like on most other Gingerbread ROMs.....

Love the 'reboot' menu.

Thanks, again, Paul. This was a nice surprise.

Nick

Edited by renegade027

Guest renegade027

I was wandering if not seeing installed apps in market could be caused by running this ROM with a very small /cache partition. Someone know of a script somewhere to make Android market store its wares on the /data partition instead?

Guest ShirazS
I was wandering if not seeing installed apps in market could be caused by running this ROM with a very small /cache partition. Someone know of a script somewhere to make Android market store its wares on the /data partition instead?

Have you tried clearing your Market cache and data?

Guest renegade027
Have you tried clearing your Market cache and data?

Yeah...First thing. And fix permissions. Sometimes it helps - this time it didn't :(

Thanks, anyway.

Guest tuatha

Hmm... I want to flash this but I also want the pull-down widgets in the notification bar from Oxygen 2.0

Any way to mix the two?

Guest haggis23

To sum up what's not there for those who are interested:

Notification LED doesn't work (but does show when charging/full).

The USB Storage screen is sometimes just black, or has the wrong button/text/popups for what you're trying to do although you can enable/disable the mass storage mode without enough poking. Same thing can happen for Debug mode on/off.

There's no FM radio.

The camera doesn't record in 720p any more, max of 720x480 roughly i think, in 3gp files (eww!)

The Dropbear SSH option doesn't seem to do anything?

That's all I've found that I can remember and can confirm from above postings. Overall gingerbread is so worth it, no problems at all other than the above, very nice too.

And please remember to thank Paul for all his hard work (thanks paul!!!) on getting this to the Desire this quick, I'm sure he's is busy with other work than to care about these few bugs, I'm happy with Gingerbread even though it's not perfect :(

Edited by haggis23

To sum up what's not there for those who are interested:

Notification LED doesn't work (but does show when charging/full).

The USB Storage screen is sometimes just black, or has the wrong button/text/popups for what you're trying to do although you can enable/disable the mass storage mode without enough poking. Same thing can happen for Debug mode on/off.

There's no FM radio.

The camera doesn't record in 720p any more, max of 720x480 roughly i think, in 3gp files (eww!)

The Dropbear SSH option doesn't seem to do anything?

Notification LED, hmmm, will look into that.

USB Storage has a text issue in the build for UK English, i'll fix that for the next release.

There's no FM Radio in Google builds sadly, we can probably get the MUIU app working.

No 720P in Google builds either, we could probably use the CM7 Camera app.

Will look into dropbear.

:(

P

Guest Farg0

Everything running smooth over here.

Except for 1 small issue.. when people call they keep hearing themselves in echo.

Doesn't seem to make any difference in turning my speaker volume up or down.

Using a kitchen download with latest radio update (32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.17).

Other than that, nice job Paul, thanks for another great ROM.

:(

Guest haggis23

Thanks paul for taking the time to fix the issues! Will the next version need a clean install if we have the current version?

Guest bpivk
Thanks paul for taking the time to fix the issues! Will the next version need a clean install if we have the current version?

Usually not. Unless you encounter any issues or FCs.