[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest .Champ.
guys, rom really fast, but why u put proprietary stuff directly in system? busybox wont work(no free space). sure, ive delete all crap manually, and move some app in data, but it wrong way, it must be out of box :P

Malez Recovery wrire "No free space" when I do Nandroid backup... It's the same?

P.S. Busybox reinstalled from Malez Recovery too.

Guest jayziac

I'm currently running the official Acer froyo rom (4.002.14) with the metal camera (video works) and would like to use this one since it sounds like it should be faster and better battery drain. But a few things still holding me back, mainly:

- crashing browser

- video camera not working

- wifi bug?

Are these still in the latest version or have they been fixed? (The google code page lists them under known issues, but the OP of this thread does not.

Guest Dario93
I'm currently running the official Acer froyo rom (4.002.14) with the metal camera (video works) and would like to use this one since it sounds like it should be faster and better battery drain. But a few things still holding me back, mainly:

- crashing browser

- video camera not working

- wifi bug?

Are these still in the latest version or have they been fixed? (The google code page lists them under known issues, but the OP of this thread does not.

Sorry,my bad,i forgot to update GCode page! :P All the bugs are fixed in the ROM :D

Oh BTW, I prefer to disable the shake to change song/ turn off alarm. If I'm in a car or jogging or walking with the phone, I'm afraid it'll trigger it.

Don't worry,these functions don't work on the Liquid, I will remove them from first post :D

Guest Dario93
Malez Recovery wrire "No free space" when I do Nandroid backup... It's the same?

Strange..it's not the same however,the nandroid is related to SD card. Are you sure you have enough free space left on you card?

Guest Dario93
I get 828 points with the Metal update on my 2.2 leak... not worth an upgrade for me since I plan to buy a "real" Metal Liquid as soon as it gets released.

Anyway to get rid of the "pissing android" when the device boots? :D

Install "bootanimation changer" from market,or pull with adb the bootanim you prefer :P

Guest Dario93

Feeeww!! Almost bricked my Liquid E,my notebook powered off because of low battery during the official update process..fortunately i managed to flash again the bin :P

Guest developerbuzz
have new issue..

can't fount some applications in market.. example : Skyfire, Netfront Life Screen, etc...

anyone has the same issue???

I'm missing the froyo 2.2 apps from the market as well, I've tried using malezRecovery market unlocker without success, I've even flashed from scratch using the latest bin, without success. Anyone have a fix? Really could do with the 2.2 apps!

Guest Dario93
I'm missing the froyo 2.2 apps from the market as well, I've tried using malezRecovery market unlocker without success, I've even flashed from scratch using the latest bin, without success. Anyone have a fix? Really could do with the 2.2 apps!

Try to flash the file in attachment :P (credits to joos)

Fixmarket.zip

Guest .Champ.
Strange..it's not the same however,the nandroid is related to SD card. Are you sure you have enough free space left on you card?

I know where Nandroid backup related :P 4gb free space on SD card... I flash V2 on 4.002.12 with Malez Recovery 0.6.1, wipe all before and after flash, reinstall Malez Recovery, reinstall Bysybox, but it did not help. My old backups (from 4.002.12) restored correct...

Guest developerbuzz
Try to flash the file in attachment :P (credits to joos)

Thanks for your help, but it didn't make a difference. I've just tried to flash, as well as clearing cache but still no Froyo 2.2 apps.

Very frustrating!

Guest ilsalgo

Me too... :P

and sd must be formatted....

Edited by ilsalgo

Guest oSL33P3Ro
Unfortunately I don't have this device,but if someone has the possibility to test,I will take a look at the way to port ROMs for the Evo 4g

I can always test the builds. I pointed someone at xda to a link to the liquid metal dump and he is trying to port as well.

Guest jayziac

I wish there were more concrete numbers comparison between this and the official froyo ROM (4.002.14). I have a feeling some people say it feels faster and others say the same. Same with battery consumption, it's all based on different people's feelings.

Thanks for all the work still, can you include brief installation steps in original post so everyone who tries this avoids the usual problems and starts with a clean slate. Something like below, from what I gathered, here are the steps to install:

1. Flash latest official Froyo bin (4.002.14_EMEA)

2. Install malez Recovery 0.6.1

3. Wipe data, dalvik, & cache in malez recovery

. Copy V2 update.zip to /sdcard and flash update in malez recovery (signed or no-signed?)

4. Reboot

Guest Harness
I wish there were more concrete numbers comparison between this and the official froyo ROM (4.002.14). I have a feeling some people say it feels faster and others say the same. Same with battery consumption, it's all based on different people's feelings.

Thanks for all the work still, can you include brief installation steps in original post so everyone who tries this avoids the usual problems and starts with a clean slate. Something like below, from what I gathered, here are the steps to install:

1. Flash latest official Froyo bin (4.002.14_EMEA)

2. Install malez Recovery 0.6.1

3. Wipe data, dalvik, & cache in malez recovery

. Copy V2 update.zip to /sdcard and flash update in malez recovery (signed or no-signed?)

4. Reboot

Bin, Malez, Copy, wipe, flash, I haven't tried it (blame the lack of Windows, I'll get to it soon - matter of not having an install medium) but I'd assume signed.

Harness.

Guest DevilStars

Clean install - everything works, extremely fast but... huge battery consumption. 7 hours while sleeping - 18% of charge disapeared. 2g only, wifi/bt/gps - off.

Guest jayziac
Clean install - everything works, extremely fast but... huge battery consumption. 7 hours while sleeping - 18% of charge disapeared. 2g only, wifi/bt/gps - off.

It's comments like these that worry me. Up until now everyone's been saying it's fast AND easy on the batteries... I may stick with the official Froyo a bit longer. It's plenty smooth for me, plus I already installed the nice metal camera.apk, so I don't really see a need.

BTW on all stock ROMs, with everything off (including background data), 2G data on, I get slightly less than 1% drain on idle per hour, which is hard to beat.

Edited by jayziac

Guest Harness
It's comments like these that worry me. Up until now everyone's been saying it's fast AND easy on the batteries... I may stick with the official Froyo a bit longer. It's plenty smooth for me, plus I already installed the nice metal camera.apk, so I don't really see a need.

BTW on all stock ROMs, with everything off (including background data), 2G data on, I get slightly less than 1% drain on idle per hour, which is hard to beat.

Nandroid -> flash for 3 days, test, don't like, backup SMS if that's important and recover o.o

Guest acer liquid e

nice rom... fast.. stable.... i love the the cam app...and it had apk also... now i can install it on official rom... thank a lot Dario93....

Guest fischschneehase
Maybe I found the problem (no nandroid, no apps2sd). If I manage to fix these last things, today V3 will be out, rebased on official Froyo :P

Is it still that fast cause the official leak is quiet slow compared to metal rom....which quadrant do you score with fix 3

Maybe I found the problem (no nandroid, no apps2sd). If I manage to fix these last things, today V3 will be out, rebased on official Froyo :P

my god! thanks for your great work!