[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Yes,the V2 kernel supports the ext partition :P What did you have type to make the ext partition work? ;)

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...t/#entry1401056

I used noxwell's script, but no luck, after installing the superboot, I stuck there.

So I extract the script and run the lines manually.

Before that, I install busybox from the market first (malez's version didn't work).

then I followed the lines from noxwell's script:

1. install the superboot

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

adb remount

adb shell "busybox mkdir /system/sd"

adb reboot

adb remount

adb shell "busybox chown 1000:1000 /system/sd"

adb shell "busybox chmod 771 /system/sd"

adb shell "busybox mv /data/app /system/sd/app"

adb shell "busybox ln -s /system/sd/app /data/app"

FINISHED! =)

I don't know whether I could skip the superboot part, because the ROM was already rooted.

I'm good at these! tell me here whenever having difficulties. ;)

me too :P .... math and physical are my favorites ;) and best...

17 years old... this is not very difficult programs :P

Guest Dario93
I'm good at these! tell me here whenever having difficulties. ;)

Thanks! :P

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...t/#entry1401056

I used noxwell's script, but no luck, after installing the superboot, I stuck there.

So I extract the script and run the lines manually.

Before that, I install busybox from the market first (malez's version didn't work).

then I followed the lines from noxwell's script:

1. install the superboot

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

adb remount

adb shell "busybox mkdir /system/sd"

adb reboot

adb remount

adb shell "busybox chown 1000:1000 /system/sd"

adb shell "busybox chmod 771 /system/sd"

adb shell "busybox mv /data/app /system/sd/app"

adb shell "busybox ln -s /system/sd/app /data/app"

FINISHED! =)

I don't know whether I could skip the superboot part, because the ROM was already rooted.

Many thanks! I will add this to first post for people who want to use APPS2SD with this ROM :P

Thanks! ;)

Many thanks! I will add this to first post for people who want to use APPS2SD with this ROM :P

Many thanks to your great work!

Expecting for your new version! :P

Guest jayziac
After 58 hours of use (no data connection - TIM does not work) I still have 39% of battery.

Outstanding.

Best ROM I've ever used.

Compliments

;)

I'm curious what and how much you used this phone in this 58 hours? talking? playing games? or just idling with a cell signal? I believe regular stock Froyo roms I can get about 1% per hour of idling without background data. So if you're doing more than that in those 58 hours, that's an improvement.

Guest Charlton22
After 58 hours of use (no data connection - TIM does not work) I still have 39% of battery.

Outstanding.

Best ROM I've ever used.

Compliments

:P

Did you connect your device with a car battery? ;)

Guest Dario93

@everyone: I'm sorry,but still some problems with OC. Moreover I'm trying (thanks to kenelm) to have Apps2SD without the workaround he suggested. Tomorrow i'm out for a trip but Sunday,in the afternoon i've some spare time ;) Sorry again, i'm doing my best.

See you,

Dario

Guest split2th
@everyone: I'm sorry,but still some problems with OC. Moreover I'm trying (thanks to kenelm) to have Apps2SD without the workaround he suggested. Tomorrow i'm out for a trip but Sunday,in the afternoon i've some spare time ;) Sorry again, i'm doing my best.

See you,

Dario

No worries man. It'll be worth the wait. Thanks.

Guest vikings123

See you,

Dario

Thanks for your time and efforts. :P

take your time. I am happy with v2.0 and using it as my daily rom. :P

Guest LiquidW

See you,

Dario

I am waiting V3 from You, Ginius Boy. :P

edit: I already found the answer, use adb root first ;)

edit:

With this ROM i'm unable to use adb pull/push/ remount etc, but I can use adb shell. If I try to use "adb remount" it says: remount failed:Operation not permitted. Is this a known issue? with all other roms I have access to these commands.

Thanks for your help.

New question, is it possible to use acer dialer with android ui? Something similar to what we can do in LCR-Settings?

Thanks

Edited by zbrin

Guest testink

I have flashed my Liquid a few times without any problem. Now I wanted to try this one, downloaded V2 but received a .zip and not a .bin? Do I need to compile it?

I have flashed my Liquid a few times without any problem. Now I wanted to try this one, downloaded V2 but received a .zip and not a .bin? Do I need to compile it?

you have to use malez recovery....

Guest Dinmamma

You need to flash it through malez recovery. More info here: http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez-recovery/

Read the instructions carefully to avoid causing any damage to your phone.

Guest testink
you have to use malez recovery....

You need to flash it through malez recovery. More info here: http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez-recovery/

Read the instructions carefully to avoid causing any damage to your phone.

Thanks for the reply, I installed it. Placed froyometalv2 as update.zip on my sd card. Rebooted, selected to flash... Verification failed.

I'm sorry if this is Off-Topic. ;)

Guest fischschneehase
Thanks for the reply, I installed it. Placed froyometalv2 as update.zip on my sd card. Rebooted, selected to flash... Verification failed.

I'm sorry if this is Off-Topic. :P

you need to select unsigned packe...;)