[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest diefatbo

dario, may u add the battery circle in the status bar????

i remember u said before, do u remember? Thanks

BTW, do u think this rom better than ur own rom dario93 v1.7??

Edited by diefatbo

Guest kmbilly

For the Acer Breeze UI, is there a direct way to back from the unlocked screen (with app menu) to the lock screen (with widgets), other than pressing the power button twice?

Guest diefatbo
For the Acer Breeze UI, is there a direct way to back from the unlocked screen (with app menu) to the lock screen (with widgets), other than pressing the power button twice?

hold the HOME buttom

Guest jayziac

I finally installed this FroyoMetal 2.5 over official 4.002.14 and had no problems (I only have 2G so didn't encounter the FC when switching). I simply used malez recovery 0.6.1 and wiped data, dalvik, & cache before flashing the .zip file.

I run Android UI with default Launcher2, Quadrant scores were around 700-800 with 4.002.14, and now 979-1008. Also noticed the built-in media player can play .xvid codec movies now when it couldn't before.

I've safely removed these system apps in addition to the older 4.002.14 crapware.

FWupdateService.apk

FDUpdater.apk

FileManager.apk (replaced with 3rd party app from market)

Thanks for all the great work! Can't wait for Gingerbread now ;)

Is it possible to get the calendar.apk to solve it ?

I finally used the calendar from another rom and it is working fine .... Your rom is great, thx a lot ! ;)

This is for all of you who didn't manage to make ext2 partition working,so VERY IMPORTANT FIX

Download the boot.img in attachment and dump it this way:

Put the boot.img in your adb folder,run adb via command line and type this to dump the new boot.img

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

THIS IS ONLY FOR ext2!!

I think it's better to put it (above) in the first page.

Guest diefatbo

has anybody found that the device runs very fast while sometimes very slow?

i found the speed of this rom is quite unstable.

also, i wonder if there is a need to flash 2.1 bin before 4.002.14 2.2 rom.

Guest sunshine333

Anybody having trouble doing a nandroid backup with this rom? I get the error about using the console (is there enough space?) And i have 3gb of free space on the SD

Guest split2th

Just install 4.002.14 from acer tools 3.1. Then flash the rom, from Malez.

So, How's V3 looking? Can't wait to see the quadrant scores after OC'ing. Why is it that everyone here is having such a hard time OC'ing froyo?

Patiently waiting.

Guest masstony
Anybody having trouble doing a nandroid backup with this rom? I get the error about using the console (is there enough space?) And i have 3gb of free space on the SD

Try in this way: reboot in recovery mode and make wipe cache (only cache!) and then you will be able to do a nandroid! ;)

For me was ok.

Guest jayziac

The fast and then slow sounds like the ROM is optimized faster when doing something repetitively, but somehow either a bug or problem with background processes (like java Virtual machine garbage collection - such as closing unused apps in background slows the foreground for a bit). Maybe worse for us A1 owners with less RAM to start with, so more cleanup is needed.

No need to flash 2.1 bin before 4.002.14.2 rom, I'm pretty sure flashing the 4.002.14 rom just gets the radio baseband and kernel from it, everything else is replaced by the FroyoMetal.zip.

Guest diefatbo
The fast and then slow sounds like the ROM is optimized faster when doing something repetitively, but somehow either a bug or problem with background processes (like java Virtual machine garbage collection - such as closing unused apps in background slows the foreground for a bit). Maybe worse for us A1 owners with less RAM to start with, so more cleanup is needed.

No need to flash 2.1 bin before 4.002.14.2 rom, I'm pretty sure flashing the 4.002.14 rom just gets the radio baseband and kernel from it, everything else is replaced by the FroyoMetal.zip.

thx ur kindly reply. 'more cleanup' means using task killer?

Guest jayziac
thx ur kindly reply. 'more cleanup' means using task killer?

Nope, using a task killer will probably make it worse because it would be redundant (you're free to try it out though). I was talking about Android's internal cleanup/task killer either has a bug or not optimized since we're running metal ROM on 4.002.14 kernel & baseband (need an expert who can look into the internal logs to see exactly what's going on). I just recommend uninstalling apps that you don't run, and that take up memory in the background (esp on the limited 256M A1 devices). Settings -> Applications -> Running Services usually gives a good hint what's going on the background. Or just live with the occasional hiccups, it shouldn't affect games, or any one app while it's running in the foreground.

Guest diefatbo
Nope, using a task killer will probably make it worse because it would be redundant (you're free to try it out though). I was talking about Android's internal cleanup/task killer either has a bug or not optimized since we're running metal ROM on 4.002.14 kernel & baseband (need an expert who can look into the internal logs to see exactly what's going on). I just recommend uninstalling apps that you don't run, and that take up memory in the background (esp on the limited 256M A1 devices). Settings -> Applications -> Running Services usually gives a good hint what's going on the background. Or just live with the occasional hiccups, it shouldn't affect games, or any one app while it's running in the foreground.

thanks. how about using back to liquide rom on 4.002.14? would it be better performance?

wt i mean liquide rom is like dario93's own rom, LCR...

Edited by diefatbo

Guest jayziac

I just came from 4.002.14 after a data,dalvik,cache wipe in Malez recovery, and from what I've noticed the FroyoMetal ROM is faster, and Quadrant benchmark scores are about 25% (200 points) higher. I may have noticed a slight hiccup here & there when I was testing out the ROM last night (switching & installing a lot of new apps). But I think normal use it's pretty smooth. I'll have to use it for a few more days to make sure everything is ok, including battery drain.

BTW I'm also running default Android UI, with regular Launcher (not launcherpro, which I think has become bloated lately). I use 2G data only and background data mostly off. Also I don't have any widgets installed, just app shortcuts on 3 of the 5 homescreens. It's a pretty clean environment.

Guest Dario93
Just install 4.002.14 from acer tools 3.1. Then flash the rom, from Malez.

So, How's V3 looking? Can't wait to see the quadrant scores after OC'ing. Why is it that everyone here is having such a hard time OC'ing froyo?

Patiently waiting.

any news on v3 ;) plaaaeeeeesssee:)

I think V3 will be our Christmas gift for the community :P

Guest Dario93
Hi, I really like your new ROM, but I'm not able to use my ext2 Partition. Even this workaround does not work. The comments were easy and pass without an error. But still the partition is not mounted. Is there somethig to do after these comments?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Is there a Way to manually mount the sd? I want to try this, before I give up with this stupid ext2 thing...

See first post, I added a new (and very easy) way to get ext2 partition working ;)

Guest Dario93
dario, may u add the battery circle in the status bar????

i remember u said before, do u remember? Thanks

BTW, do u think this rom better than ur own rom dario93 v1.7??

Sorry,completely forgot about that... will be in V3,however in attachment there's a new framework-res.apk with battery circle ONLY FOR V2.5

Extract the rar archive and paste the framework-res.apk in your adb folder,then with cmd:

cd C:/path/to/tools/folder

adb devices

If your phone comes up, carry on. If not, make sure it's in debuggable mode.

adb root

adb remount

adb pull /destination/path/framework-res.apk framework-res.apk.bak

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

Then reboot the phone with adb reboot (or in normal way if you prefer)

I think my Dario93's 1.7 is not as good as i wanted.. IMHO 1.6 is the best ;) But compared to FroYoMetal,is slower! :P

framework_res.rar

Guest jayziac
Sorry,completely forgot about that... will be in V3,however in attachment there's a new framework-res.apk with battery circle ONLY FOR V2.5

Extract the rar archive and paste the framework-res.apk in your adb folder,then with cmd:

cd C:/path/to/tools/folder

adb devices

If your phone comes up, carry on. If not, make sure it's in debuggable mode.

adb root

adb remount

adb pull /destination/path/framework-res.apk framework-res.apk.bak

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

Then reboot the phone with adb reboot (or in normal way if you prefer)

I think my Dario93's 1.7 is not as good as i wanted.. IMHO 1.6 is the best ;) But compared to FroYoMetal,is slower! :P

Can you post a screenshot? Also are these 1% or 10% or 20% indicators?