[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest diefatbo
I'm always around 20-30 MB in free RAM. Have tried with both Acer UI and Android UI/Launcherpro with this ROM and stock bin. Always the same. Keeps shutting down Maps and other hefty apps.

I have tried some different settings with autokiller as well but with no sucess. I'm also trying to minimize the number of widgets I use, I guess widget locker is the only luxury I use that requires a bit of my RAM. Almost about to buy a new phone just because the RAM-issue because I love my Liquid but have got used to Froyo.

i used ZEAM LAUNCHER to release more ram, and also, i urge you not to use widget locker coz it uses lots of rams. better use original one, especially for our liquid~ :(

Guest parithosh93

hi,

I managed to install the bin 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_256_bin and flashed it. I plan to install dario's froyo metal v2.75 lite. Malez recovery went well and it said reboot phone in recovery mode (volume down+camera+start) and i did that, the screen with some stuff written on it is coming(recovery mode i guess).

i can see this:

partition checksum

splash1:chkcum =8ba9da08 OK

boot:chksum =57c4a49a OK

recovery:chksum=d6ce8999 !=002152e0 **fail** (its in red color)

system:chksum =23c8dfa3 OK

=========

<<FAIL>> (in red)

thats all the phone stops. I dont know how to switch it off or even how to change the screen.

Please help me!!

p.s -I have posted it in a thread,but i felt that i would get more direct responses if i posted it in the exact thread for the rom i want to install.

p.s.s -I am a total noob.

thanks in advance.

Guest Alvan Yap
hi,

I managed to install the bin 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_256_bin and flashed it. I plan to install dario's froyo metal v2.75 lite. Malez recovery went well and it said reboot phone in recovery mode (volume down+camera+start) and i did that, the screen with some stuff written on it is coming(recovery mode i guess).

i can see this:

partition checksum

splash1:chkcum =8ba9da08 OK

boot:chksum =57c4a49a OK

recovery:chksum=d6ce8999 !=002152e0 **fail** (its in red color)

system:chksum =23c8dfa3 OK

=========

<<FAIL>> (in red)

thats all the phone stops. I dont know how to switch it off or even how to change the screen.

Please help me!!

p.s -I have posted it in a thread,but i felt that i would get more direct responses if i posted it in the exact thread for the rom i want to install.

p.s.s -I am a total noob.

thanks in advance.

i think you are in the wrong mode, the only things u can do is unplug the battery

then on again & redo everything

Guest Harness

As I've stated, I'm working on compiling it and readying it for testing.

Harness.

Edit: Further "WHENS V3!?!!?!" posts will be ignored. I'm updating you guys as I make progress.

Edited by Harness

Guest Alvan Yap
As I've stated, I'm working on compiling it and readying it for testing.

Harness.

Edit: Further "WHENS V3!?!!?!" posts will be ignored. I'm updating you guys as I make progress.

harness remember last time the wifi tethering problem i face?yesterday i tried flash miui rom, no problem on wifi tethering, how you think?

Guest Harness
harness remember last time the wifi tethering problem i face?yesterday i tried flash miui rom, no problem on wifi tethering, how you think?

Were you using the OC kernel?

Harness.

Guest Alvan Yap
Were you using the OC kernel?

Harness.

even without oc kernel it wont work,as in logcat it appear that softap is not supported which you say that will be a driver issue, that's y i curious coz it work on miui rom

Guest Harness
even without oc kernel it wont work,as in logcat it appear that softap is not supported which you say that will be a driver issue, that's y i curious coz it work on miui rom

This is something Dario would have to address. My final guess would be that the Liquid Metal wifi driver doesn't work with the Ferarri, but does with Liquid/E?

Sorry, I'm clueless.

Harness.

Guest Alvan Yap
This is something Dario would have to address. My final guess would be that the Liquid Metal wifi driver doesn't work with the Ferarri, but does with Liquid/E?

Sorry, I'm clueless.

Harness.

so dario pls contact me if you need a detail logcat regarding this issue :(

Guest Harness
just tested again on stock boot.img, the wifi does not work either, but in oc kernel it work perfectly

Sounds like one big kernel issue. Aye we need 2.2 kernel sources. Either that or I need to learn a lot about kernels so I can build the 2.1 kernel to a 2.2.

Harness.

Edit: v3 compiled, testing on my phone. It may come soon.

Edited by Harness

Guest Alvan Yap
Sounds like one big kernel issue. Aye we need 2.2 kernel sources. Either that or I need to learn a lot about kernels so I can build the 2.1 kernel to a 2.2.

Harness.

like tat i will nid to rely on thepasto oc kernel v3 already haha ;)

good, i'll stay tune :( will the performance on par with miui?

Guest Harness
like tat i will nid to rely on thepasto oc kernel v3 already haha ;)

good, i'll stay tune :( will the performance on par with miui?

Neither used nor touched miui

Guest Alvan Yap
Neither used nor touched miui

my current experience is miui is more smoother than froyometal v2.75 and all major hardware works, but i stick on froyo metal because miui interface got heavy iOS feel & currently i facing problem on install apps from market >.<

Guest Harness
my current experience is miui is more smoother than froyometal v2.75 and all major hardware works, but i stick on froyo metal because miui interface got heavy iOS feel & currently i facing problem on install apps from market >.<

Mmh. Well, it'll get there. I'm doing what I can, but I do most of the dev work for Metal Froyo, and I've only got so many hours in a day working and whatnot.

Harness.

Guest andoyanna

Harness.

V3 is coming soon! Thanks Harness great job! :( ;) ;)

Guest Peshkoff

Harness.

Sounds good =)