[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest etc604

what am i doing wrong...

its rooted and i succesfully flashed and wiped all data but its reacting very slow....512mb version i flashed the 2.75 lite....

help plz!!

Guest etc604
what am i doing wrong...

its rooted and i succesfully flashed and wiped all data but its reacting very slow....512mb version i flashed the 2.75 lite....

no matter what i press nothing reacts the screen just flashes and returns to home menu....

help plz!!

Guest Harness

MetalFroyo-v3-BETA

http://www.multiupload.com/6K49DEOKR3

Changelog:

------v3------

- Busybox Fixed

- Moved many apps to /data/app for easy removability

- Enabled AOSP Contacts/Dialer function

- Added run scripts on boot (sensitivity by default)

- Fixed/further implemented Apps2SD

- Added Gingerbread theme with battery percentages

- Unlocked Market

- Partially fixed Settings.apk - will force 2g, not 3g though, am told Dario has a fix, if it works it'll be released in full version.

Coming Soon:

- cache/dalvik-cache/data2sd

- OC (Hopefully - this would be on Dario though)

- Dolby (Maybe - I haven't had time to look into it too much really, with all the other things people wanted done)

Bugs: Bluetooth is currently not working. I don't know why, but I'm going to look into it. Report any other bugs you find back to me on the forums, and if they're major, please provide a log, or the exact steps to reproduce the error.

For AOSP Dialer/Contacts:

http://www.multiupload.com/TZ87S2FRDU

I'll probably integrate this straight into v3 (changeable via gscript)

Executing scripts on default:

I have it set to run all .sh scripts in /sdcard/init every time the phone boots. I preloaded it with a sensitivity script (which you can open with any text editor and edit) but so far as I know the possibilities are slightly limitless.

A2SD:

Integrated. Wipe your ext2 partition in Malez and boot into the phone and open GScript. Load File -> runa2sd.sh. Run that, it'll set up a2sd for you, no interaction (virtually) involved.

Harness.

Edited by Harness

Guest giant_rider
- Partially fixed Settings.apk - will force 2g, not 3g though, am told Dario has a fix, if it works it'll be released in full version.

Hey, I'm new to the forum (my wife recently got an Acer Liquid E). I've ported and cooked roms for the 32a Magic for the past year and I wanted to say that you've done an awesome job with this rom IMHO.

I'm psyched to have chosen a phone that seems to have some solid devs working on the roms for it :D

I have a quick question. After I flashed your rom (2.5 and now 3.0), it seems my phone drops the network (2G and 3G) connection frequently and it can prevent messages from getting sent. Are others getting the same behaviour? Is this possibly part of the bug I quoted from Harness's post? I'm on Rogers.

Thanks!

Edited by giant_rider

Guest Harness
Hey, I'm new to the forum (my wife recently got an Acer Liquid E). I've ported and cooked roms for the 32a Magic for the past year and I wanted to say that you've done an awesome job with this rom IMHO.

I'm psyched to have chosen a phone that seems to have some solid devs working on the roms for it :D

I have a quick question. After I flashed your rom (2.5 and now 3.0), it seems my phone drops the network (2G and 3G) connection frequently and it can prevent messages from getting sent. Are others getting the same behaviour? Is this possibly part of the bug I quoted from Harness's post? I'm on Rogers.

Thanks!

The bug has nothing to do with it. I've not had any random network drops but, I'm not quite sure. Did you have a similar bug in the stock rom?

Guest giant_rider
The bug has nothing to do with it. I've not had any random network drops but, I'm not quite sure. Did you have a similar bug in the stock rom?

Thanks for the reply. Not sure. The bug might have existed in the stock rom - my wife can't remember. I thought it couldn't hurt to ask if someone else had seen similar behaviour. I'm also not sure if the bug might have had something to do with the way I flashed the malez recovery 0.6.1 and your fix so that it would not revert to the stock recovery. At any rate it seems to be a little better with v3 (I re-flashed your modified malez recovery before I flashed v3) or at least all of her sms messages are getting sent successfully which they weren't before. If sms messages start to fail again I'll try to get a logcat and post it. So far v3 is awesome. Thanks.

Edited by giant_rider

Guest mabar81

Hi, any chance of installing AOSP contacts on stock froyo rom? I tried copying the apk into /system/app folder but no success... I'll try 3.0 when it will be more stable... Thx

Guest Harness
I got an error when I tried to install app with adb command

/system/bin/sh: pm: not found

Can't explain why, but I know if you simply push it to system/app and reboot, it should work just fine.

Harness

After test 3.0 beta for hours, It runs very smooth even I restore all my apps(130+) from titanium backup! (I don't care about benchmarks...just feel it! benchmarks means nothing for me..)

Very suitable for daily use, now I just wait for OC kernel and fix for BT.

Will test the battery today.

Thank you CDTeam!

Guest Harness

Ohright! I forgot to mention:

I have it set to run all .sh scripts in /sdcard/init every time the phone boots. I preloaded it with a sensitivity script (which you can open with any text editor and edit) but so far as I know the possibilities are slightly limitless.

A2SD:

Integrated. Wipe your ext2 partition in Malez and boot into the phone and open GScript. Load File -> runa2sd.sh. Run that, it'll set up a2sd for you, no interaction (virtually) involved.

If you have problems with either of these things let me know.

Harness.

Ohright! I forgot to mention:

A2SD:

If you have problems with either of these things let me know.

Harness.

Thank you Harness! I found the script before you post it here :D

I have a question. Can I use swap in this ROM? I downloaded swapper 2 from Market but I cannot enable it, I used file to emulation swap partition instead of creating a swap partition.

Error message:

swapon: /sdcard/swapfile.swp: Function not implemented

Guest Harness

I have a question. Can I use swap in this ROM? I downloaded swapper 2 from Market but I cannot enable it, I used file to emulation swap partition instead of creating a swap partition.

Error message:

I don't know. This is a question I'll have to leave to Dario, he knows more about swap than I do. I'll point him this way if he doesn't see it before I see him.

for me after pushing the AOSP dialer/contacts and rebooted, when i try to dial a number -> FC.

seems to be a permission problem: http://pastebin.com/ApWp1yjt

Spoke on irc, will look into this.

One more question. Where can I extract find the default wallpaper? It's really nice!

It's in framework-res.apk. It was the default with the theme. I like it, so I didn't change it, should have probably though. res/drawable-hdpi/default-wallpaper.jpg or something like that. Going completely off memory.

Harness.

Guest Dario93

Error message:

In this kernel there's no swap support,sorry :P

Guest Harness

I'm going to look into that asap. I was busy trying to get something set up today, however I'll try and look at it tomorrow.

Harness.

Can anyone confirm bluetooth working on v2.5/2.75?