[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest devoluti0n

It's okay, thanks anyway ! :).

About the honeycomb theme, I wonder what kind of theme I have to choose.

Indeed it's not CM7, is it stock ? Deodexed ? what kind of rom it is ? As it seems to depend on that.

Guest vikings123
Latest is 3.0, when I uploaded the file first I made a typo error :)

Thanks! :)

p.s. REAL 3.1 is coming soon,as the bluetooth will be fixed

Expecting the release of the 3.1 :)

Guest AcerFerrari

Flashed, thank you!!!

One little thing-->the calendar for this rom has some problem, it cannot show the upper part of the calendar

Guest Sketchie

Hey, I tried updating this through malez with a stock rogers rom. Didnt work lol. Got stock rogers rom back by flashing LS 2.1 Eclaire rom and then using nandriod back up. Now Im unable to flash new bin.

It starts by saying "Caution!! Image File Incorrected!!" Then it proceeds up to the step where it turns off my phone. It says USB PORT LIST: Com40 and in red under Device 01: Please Chose Valid Comport! (In Reconnect) This is where the process stops dead in its tracks. I think it says something about comport 41 but it happens so fast I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not bricked or anything but I cant seem to get this to work =/ I've Tried doing it in recovery same results and in bootloader my phone is not recognized by the acer download tool. Oh and this is a brand new acer liquid E I got via RMA if that makes a difference.

I'm so useless -.- any help is appreciated merci bookoo

Edited by Sketchie

Guest Harness
Hey, I tried updating this through malez with a stock rogers rom. Didnt work lol. Got stock rogers rom back by flashing LS 2.1 Eclaire rom and then using nandriod back up. Now Im unable to flash new bin.

It starts by saying "Caution!! Image File Incorrected!!" Then it proceeds up to the step where it turns off my phone. It says USB PORT LIST: Com40 and in red under Device 01: Please Chose Valid Comport! (In Reconnect) This is where the process stops dead in its tracks. I think it says something about comport 41 but it happens so fast I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not bricked or anything but I cant seem to get this to work =/ I've Tried doing it in recovery same results and in bootloader my phone is not recognized by the acer download tool. Oh and this is a brand new acer liquid E I got via RMA if that makes a difference.

I'm so useless -.- any help is appreciated merci bookoo

You have to flash this via Malez recovery :)

Harness.

Anyone knows why I can't make a nandroid backup trough malez recovery ?

"Error : Run nandroid-mobile.sh via console ! (enough space left on sd ?)"

I've aroung 850mb left ...

This is a permissions error I fixed in the install files as of 3.0 beta, Dario may have removed it. I'll try and find it again, I had it figured out once.

Edit: Attempting a Bluetooth fix as well as checking for the nandroid permissions fix right now.

Edit2: According to this, nandroid should be fine. I'll check and see if I experience the same problem after flash.

Edited by Harness

Guest Dario93

Guys,as some of you may have seen on twitter,well, I'm going to stop developing new ROMs for some time... But,until all the bugs of :

- FroyoMetal V4

- LeoGingerBread

- CM6.1

Are fixed,I won't stop dev work. So,stay tuned for very soon releases :)

Guest Harness

M'kay so, I have no idea what's up with A2SD in this release so I just decided I was going to revert back to my method, so I'm going to try bluetooth once I get my apps and whatnot back

Guest Dario93
M'kay so, I have no idea what's up with A2SD in this release so I just decided I was going to revert back to my method, so I'm going to try bluetooth once I get my apps and whatnot back

Maybe I got the cause of non-working BT :) Gonna see you on GTalk :)

Guest stanomx

Can I flash this ROM into my Liquid E - EMEA.GEN1 ? via malez recovery as well

I am so puzzled of all roms and generations. I don`t know what I can try on my liquid. (Now I am using LCR-F 2.0)

Is possible to brick this phone by flashing ROM via malez recovery? (Will malez recovery still works without working OS due to flashing bad ROM)

Thank you very much, sorry for my english.

Guest Sketchie
You have to flash this via Malez recovery :)

Harness.

I actualy did that at first but it wouldnt go past the acer screen. Then I tried to restore my nandriod back up. It went 4 hours and wouldnt finish. I read somewhere thats its more efficient to flash a leaked bin as opposed to using stock phone out of the box but its not working >.<

So just to recap. I should be able to get it working with a stock rogers 2.1? I dont need to flash 4.002.14 bin?

Btw the community here is awesome ^^ Thanks Harness

Edited by Sketchie

Guest sundawg
I actualy did that at first but it wouldnt go past the acer screen. Then I tried to restore my nandriod back up. It went 4 hours and wouldnt finish. I read somewhere thats its more efficient to flash a leaked bin as opposed to using stock phone out of the box but its not working >.<

So just to recap. I should be able to get it working with a stock rogers 2.1? I dont need to flash 4.002.14 bin?

This rom works perfect on custom 4.002.14 rom..unless u dont do full wipe dalvik and cache u will get error..so i would suggest u to follow wipe and flash method..hope it helps

Guest Harness
Can I flash this ROM into my Liquid E - EMEA.GEN1 ? via malez recovery as well

I am so puzzled of all roms and generations. I don`t know what I can try on my liquid. (Now I am using LCR-F 2.0)

Is possible to brick this phone by flashing ROM via malez recovery? (Will malez recovery still works without working OS due to flashing bad ROM)

Thank you very much, sorry for my english.

If you can run LCR-F 2.0 you can flash this ROM. This will not brick your phone, as even if the install failed, all you'd have to do is reflash the ROM.

No, you need to update with Acer A1 Tools and the 4.002.14 Froyo bin. Dario made an upgrade guide I believe somewhere on the forums.

Also, not a problem :) I'm just returning from a prolonged absence.

Harness.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phoenixita

When the v4 will be out?I want to try dolby and i need bluetooth xP anyway for all you are having problems with the app2sd just google darktremor's a2sd and download the latest version then via malez recovery flash it on the froyometal now u can go in the terminal emulator and write "su" and then "app2sd check" ;D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AcerFerrari

Hey Dario93,

My Calendar apps looks strange for me......The upper part of the calendar is black but the lower part of the calendar appears normal......

Guest phoenixita
When the v4 will be out?I want to try dolby and i need bluetooth xP anyway for all you are having problems with the app2sd just google darktremor's a2sd and download the latest version then via malez recovery flash it on the froyometal now u can go in the terminal emulator and write "su" and then "app2sd check" ;D

Dario where are you?

dario che fine hai fatto?

Guest Dario93
Dario where are you?

dario che fine hai fatto?

Here I am :D

And of course,I need your help,or better,I need a beta tester for new Froyometal 3.1 :D

Is someone available?

Guest jiego
Here I am :D

And of course,I need your help,or better,I need a beta tester for new Froyometal 3.1 :D

Is someone available?

good,we r ready!

Guest Dario93
good,we r ready!

Great! :D

Changelog:

-Cleaned up system folder and scripts,now ROM is lighter

-New kernel from Gnufabio

-Bluetooth MAYBE fixed,didn't tried yet

-Updated some apps and removed obsolete ones

-Some new libs

Upload in progress,about 20 minutes left :D