[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest TheShak
Thanks for your report :D

Maybe today a new stable version will come out

Hi Dario,

Looking forward to it... Do you need a beta tester for the V4 rom? I have some time on my hands

cheers

Guest Trouveur
downloading :D

btw dario just wondering, the liquid metal got a 2.3 update, will froyometal be updated to 2.3 somday?

I am wondering the same thing. Is it planned to update the rom to 2.3 Gingerbread ?

Guest AcerFerrari
Thanks for your report :D

Maybe today a new stable version will come out

Hey Dario,

I found out that the calendar app of T&L 2.2.2 Rom for Metal can be installed on S100, but the rom itself is not that stable, so please improve

Guest Dario93
I am wondering the same thing. Is it planned to update the rom to 2.3 Gingerbread ?

There's a good possibility it will boot on our liquids within 2 days :D

Guest flasherPSM

I sit possible that this ROM uses more RAM than stock 2.2? Only 10-20mb but still..

Btw, can i have your opinion on auto task killers concerning battery life?

Great work :D

EDIT:

Strange, 337mb free now instead of 311 earlier (using adao auto task killer)

Edited by flasherPSM

Guest Dario93
I sit possible that this ROM uses more RAM than stock 2.2? Only 10-20mb but still..

Btw, can i have your opinion on auto task killers concerning battery life?

Great work :(

EDIT:

Strange, 337mb free now instead of 311 earlier (using adao auto task killer)

Yeah,since it's not a full stock but there are additions from Metal :D

However,instead of a normal task killer I would suggest AutoKiller :D It's an app that modifies the way the Android system kills background process when a certain level of RAM is reached. Check it out,try to download it from market :o

Guest flasherPSM
Yeah,since it's not a full stock but there are additions from Metal :D

However,instead of a normal task killer I would suggest AutoKiller :D It's an app that modifies the way the Android system kills background process when a certain level of RAM is reached. Check it out,try to download it from market :o

Thanks, will do!

Guest Harness

If my 2c means anything around here anymore, I don't like or use task killers. Dario's suggestion would be the only 'acceptable' app (IMO).

Harness.

Guest Eraknelo
can anyone tell me which version of android here is ? 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 ?

Just quoting, because I don't want to overwrite his question with mine ^^

I was wondering how to flash it. Sorry, might be a noob question, or asked/answered before, but I don't feel like going through 68 pages to find the answer to that. Why doesn't this forum have a "search topic" option? :D (Or does it, and am I being blind?)

Do I need to install the default 2.14 ROM from Acer, and then run this as an update.zip? Or will it also work on the 2.08 ROM from Acer as update.zip?

I assume it needs to be installed as update.zip, is it ok of I do that through Malez Recovery? I think it's the only way anyways, the default rom won't detect my update.zip files from the SD card! And just ONE more question: Do I need to wipe anything when doing update.zip from Malez/do I need to format/partition SD card?

I think it would be smart to add the answers to this on the main post, so beginners like me can understand ;)

Ok, sorry for the whole washing list, but I'm not so rich, I do NOT want to lose this LOVELY phone that I bought with a great discount :P Thanks in advance,

René

Edited by Eraknelo

Guest cKen
Just quoting, because I don't want to overwrite his question with mine ^^

I was wondering how to flash it. Sorry, might be a noob question, or asked/answered before, but I don't feel like going through 68 pages to find the answer to that. Why doesn't this forum have a "search topic" option? :D (Or does it, and am I being blind?)

Do I need to install the default 2.14 ROM from Acer, and then run this as an update.zip? Or will it also work on the 2.08 ROM from Acer as update.zip?

I assume it needs to be installed as update.zip, is it ok of I do that through Malez Recovery? I think it's the only way anyways, the default rom won't detect my update.zip files from the SD card! And just ONE more question: Do I need to wipe anything when doing update.zip from Malez/do I need to format/partition SD card?

I think it would be smart to add the answers to this on the main post, so beginners like me can understand ;)

Ok, sorry for the whole washing list, but I'm not so rich, I do NOT want to lose this LOVELY phone that I bought with a great discount :D Thanks in advance,

René

okay i'll explain it short and easy, if you want more details just ask xD

you need to have a 2.2 bin, theres a pinned thread with all the bins aviable you just need to se if yours is on 2.1 group or 2.2 :D if you already have a 2.2 one skip this, if not you must flash one there's also a thread that explains how to do so but BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN FLASHING A BIN FILE!! if you follow instructions it'll be fine :P

then install malez recovery

download the rom you want.. in your case froyometal 3.1 :D place it on your sd card and flash it via malez recovery.. MAKE SURE TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!!! just in case :D

enjoy :D hope it helps

Guest Eraknelo
okay i'll explain it short and easy, if you want more details just ask xD

you need to have a 2.2 bin, theres a pinned thread with all the bins aviable you just need to se if yours is on 2.1 group or 2.2 :P if you already have a 2.2 one skip this, if not you must flash one there's also a thread that explains how to do so but BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN FLASHING A BIN FILE!! if you follow instructions it'll be fine ;)

then install malez recovery

download the rom you want.. in your case froyometal 3.1 :D place it on your sd card and flash it via malez recovery.. MAKE SURE TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!!! just in case :D

enjoy :D hope it helps

Thanks dude! Exactly what I needed to know! And yes, I know the thing with flashing bin files. I hold my heart every time I do so :D I love the parts where you hear the usb disconnect sound on windows, and your phone turns off, or the tool says "Device disconnected..." in the middle of flashing :D

Guest cKen
Thanks dude! Exactly what I needed to know! And yes, I know the thing with flashing bin files. I hold my heart every time I do so ;) I love the parts where you hear the usb disconnect sound on windows, and your phone turns off, or the tool says "Device disconnected..." in the middle of flashing :P

anytime! it's always a pleasure to help (: and i know right? that's why i haven't flashed a bin in a long loooong time XD

Guest albi86

I'm testing froyo metal 3.1 and i found 2 bug:

1) the touchscreen does not work in the app "liquidsetting"

2) the ext partition is not recognized by the system (then a2sdgui does not work)

This rom is faster but the launcher is a bit slow and not smooth as a miui rom !

Guest natostanco
I'm testing froyo metal 3.1 and i found 2 bug:

1) the touchscreen does not work in the app "liquidsetting"

2) the ext partition is not recognized by the system (then a2sdgui does not work)

This rom is faster but the launcher is a bit slow and not smooth as a miui rom !

in the app liquidsettings touchscreen works for me, but the options are resetted on every reboot, also removing haptic feedback doesn't work.

a2sd doesn't work even for me.

Guest donatosq

Very very fast! Good job Dario! ;) :P

Bugs:

1) I have the same problem of "natostanco" :-)

2) the camera button doesn't work

3) photos are affected by a pink stain ( problem of froyo?)

4) videocam doesn't work ( don't start the recording because the camera button doesn't work)

Edited by donatosq

Guest Dario93
in the app liquidsettings touchscreen works for me, but the options are resetted on every reboot, also removing haptic feedback doesn't work.

a2sd doesn't work even for me.

Thanks for your report,I'll check these things asap! ;)

Very very fast! Good job Dario! :D :D

Bugs:

1) I have the same problem of "natostanco" :-)

2) the camera button don't work

3) photos are affected by a pink stain ( problem of froyo?)

4) videocam don't work ( don't start the recording because the camera button don't work)

As far as the camera button problem is concerned,flash this in recovery: http://www.multiupload.com/MDF0WVZS12 :P

This will solve your problem,by disabling the "skip song with camera" function :D