[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest flasherPSM
okay i'll explain it short and easy, if you want more details just ask xD

you need to have a 2.2 bin, theres a pinned thread with all the bins aviable you just need to se if yours is on 2.1 group or 2.2 :P if you already have a 2.2 one skip this, if not you must flash one there's also a thread that explains how to do so but BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN FLASHING A BIN FILE!! if you follow instructions it'll be fine ;)

then install malez recovery

download the rom you want.. in your case froyometal 3.1 :D place it on your sd card and flash it via malez recovery.. MAKE SURE TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!!! just in case :D

enjoy :D hope it helps

It's me again :D

Already using the 3.1 Metal ROM, but a question about the bin's.

I have a Liquid E 512mb, does it matter which version of the 2.2 BIN (for the Liquid E 512mb of course) you use?

If my 2c means anything around here anymore, I don't like or use task killers. Dario's suggestion would be the only 'acceptable' app (IMO).

Harness.

Using autokiller right now instead of a "classic" one, but considering battery life, isn't it better to use a classic one like Adao?

I just want to kill every useless task to do as long as possible with a single charge.

Edited by flasherPSM

Guest Dario93
It's me again :P

Already using the 3.1 Metal ROM, but a question about the bin's.

I have a Liquid E 512mb, does it matter which version of the 2.2 BIN (for the Liquid E 512mb) you use?

Well,some bins seems to have less battery drain (due to baseband). ATM,the best battery drain is given by 4.504b ;)

Guest flasherPSM
Well,some bins seems to have less battery drain (due to baseband). ATM,the best battery drain is given by 4.504b ;)

Thanks, can I still flash that one if my current bin is Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA_GEN1?

(Now it's says Acer_LiquidMetal_1.000.23_EMA_GEN1 but I guess i shouldn't look at that)

Btw, last question: What's the default CPU frequency with tthe Metal ROM and how do I change it?

Edited by flasherPSM

Guest sundawg

Dario guess app2sd don't work..probably the dt script need to be flashed first a2sd gui says script not found. ;)

quick boot isn't added in data/app @dario :P

Edited by sundawg

Guest usju

@cKen and Dario93

Thanks for clarifying the information about the BIN's. I'm got my first Android (Liquid 256MB) this month and was really confused with how to go about it.

My phone came with stock 1.6... I updated to official 2.1 and then went about testing custom ROM's directly after installing Malez Recovery. So does this mean that I still have a 2.1 BIN in my phone which does not get updated whatever ROM i install? (i used AuraxTSense, LCR-F 2.0, LeoGingerBread's LiquidEdition v5.0, MIUI 1.5.20...) Currently i'm on MetalFroyo 3.0 which has the least bugs imo.

Edit: Obviously i havent tried 3.1 yet... thats why i said 3.0 has least bugs :-)

Edited by usju

Guest Dario93
Thanks, can I still flash that one if my current bin is Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA_GEN1?

(Now it's says Acer_LiquidMetal_1.000.23_EMA_GEN1 but I guess i shouldn't look at that)

Btw, last question: What's the default CPU frequency with tthe Metal ROM and how do I change it?

Sure ;)

The default frequency is the stock one,but I advise to use 883 MHz :P

You can OverClock your CPU with this app in attachment:

setcpu_2.11a.zip

Guest Dario93
Dario guess app2sd don't work..probably the dt script need to be flashed first a2sd gui says script not found. ;)

quick boot isn't added in data/app @dario :P

What a stupid error :D I forgot to include a2sd scripts XD

I'm going to release a patch in a few minutes :D

Guest flasherPSM
Sure ;)

The default frequency is the stock one,but I advise to use 883 MHz :P

You can OverClock your CPU with this app in attachment:

Thanks again ^^

Guest Dario93
Thanks again ^^

You're welcome ;)

Can someone test this fix for apps2sd and Camera button? It fixes also LiquidSettings on-boot settings :P

Many thanks to gnufabio for his autostart script and suggestions :D

Download this file in attachment and flash in recovery:

PATCH.zip

Guest sundawg
You're welcome ;)

Can someone test this fix for apps2sd and Camera button? It fixes also LiquidSettings on-boot settings :P

Many thanks to gnufabio for his autostart script and suggestions :D

Download this file in attachment and flash in recovery:

dario the mic volume sounds little low..in sound recorder ..can u please check that..trust me its an excellent rom..the audio output of ringtones are amazing...but mic volume has to be corrected :D

Guest Dario93
dario the mic volume sounds little low..in sound recorder ..can u please check that..trust me its an excellent rom..the audio output of ringtones are amazing...but mic volume has to be corrected :D

Yeah this is due to a *maybe* wrong commit in chocolate kernel :D In call volume is very fine but with apps like sound recorder it's very low...

I will check as soon as possible for new udpates from koudelka :P

Did you try the fix? :D

And ,of course,thanks for your reports,really appreciated ;)

Guest sundawg
Yeah this is due to a *maybe* wrong commit in chocolate kernel :D In call volume is very fine but with apps like sound recorder it's very low...

yes it works now app2sd.. :D ..i havent tested on skype and other voice service.if the mic volume will effect 'em as well..hope u bring the fix asap..as always great work :D

oops sorry dario..i believe its a problem somewhere in etc/init.d..a2sd error :D

Edited by sundawg

Guest gnufabio
i've tested also with patch but a2sd and superuser does not work, then does not work liquidsetting ;)

Have you flashed the last dario's patch? Too strange =\

Edited by gnufabio

Guest flasherPSM

Found a bug in the camcorder:

Once you set it to 720p (still 480p, I know), you can't set it to 480p anymore. Well actually, you can switch it to 480 and save it, but when you check back, it's 720p again.

Only getting 12-15 FPS also, but guessing that's normal.

Edited by flasherPSM

Guest be68ar

Hi, after flashed patch wifi don't get ip, quick boot don't work and also liquidsetting have problems....

Guest blackivory
Hi, after flashed patch wifi don't get ip, quick boot don't work and also liquidsetting have problems....

great speed with this rom but

i confirm that:

before patch wifi ip via dhcp ok, after patch no ip via dhcp, liquidsetting dowsn't remember parameters, quickboot do nothing,a2sdgui in error (my fault?) and tytanium backup says no busybox (my fault?)

bye

stefano

Edited by blackivory

Guest Dario93
Dario93:

where is

-Dolby Mobile (still working on it) ??

if no, pls delete on first post!! because u use DSP, right ? :D

We're thinking of including in V4,a completely new build with frameworks from Stream and parts from metal :P

However,today a new test build will come ;)

Guest sundawg
We're thinking of including in V4,a completely new build with frameworks from Stream and parts from metal :P

However,today a new test build will come ;)

froyo or GB?? dario...b/w did u check with the init.d in 3.1 rom ?? i believe thats the cause of a2sd.b/w the dtlaunch need to be in the main root folder as well a'int it... :D

Guest donatosq

Hi Dario! ;) I'm sorry if i'm writing only now but:

wifi doesn't work!

isn't possibile to copy the contact from the sim on the phone memory

in the app 'activity' the alarm doesn't work

in the app 'calendar' isn't possible to set a new event

Thank you ! :P

Edited by donatosq

Guest flasherPSM
Hi Dario! :P I'm sorry if i'm writing only now but:

isn't possibile to copy the contact from the sim on the phone memory

in the app 'activity' the alarm dont' work

in the app 'calendar' isn't possible to set a new event

However are minor and less important bugs... ;)

Lol, got to know that one by getting up too late this morning ^^