[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest jayziac
don't work :/ -->bootloop

I looked in the framework-res.apk and it seems to have increments of 1% from 0-100. How about a less drastic change and replace just the default stat_sys_battery_0, _10, _20, _30, _40, _60, _80, and _100 png files so that it'll be more compatible with Acer's ROMs since they use those increments. This will likely keep it working even with other ROMs.

I looked in the framework-res.apk and it seems to have increments of 1% from 0-100. How about a less drastic change and replace just the default stat_sys_battery_0, _10, _20, _30, _40, _60, _80, and _100 png files so that it'll be more compatible with Acer's ROMs since they use those increments. This will likely keep it working even with other ROMs.

who can to be it to test???

me i can test (only )

Guest jayziac

Ok, I just made the mod. I've attached my framework-res.apk just modified the files stat_sys_battery_10.png ... 100.png and stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0-6.png. Attached a couple sample .png images. I removed the numbers since I believe Acer defines the icons slightly different than their actual representation.

Edit: The attached .png isn't showing up exactly how it'll appear on the taskbar with black background. It has a transparency layer.

Edit: Updated to match the Acer default percentages better.

framework_res.apk.zip

post-688175-1291999163_thumb.png

post-688175-1291999169_thumb.png

post-688175-1291999174_thumb.png

post-688175-1291999182_thumb.png

post-688175-1291999194_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004035_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004041_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004125_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004129_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004132_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004136_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004139_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004143_thumb.png

post-688175-1292004148_thumb.png

Edited by jayziac

Guest Dario93
Just want to ask, if I want to upgrade my ROM from V2 to V2.5, Do i need to wipe all the data? (wipe full rom?)

Or I just need to flash it on top of my present Liquid Metal ROM? Thanks for answering...

The ROM full wipes by itself,but a full wipe is recommended,since 2.5 it's rebased on a newer leak :)

Guest Dario93
Ok, I just made the mod. I've attached my framework-res.apk just modified the files stat_sys_battery_10.png ... 100.png and stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0-6.png. Attached a couple sample .png images. I removed the numbers since I believe Acer defines the icons slightly different than their actual representation.

Edit: The attached .png isn't showing up how it'll appear on the taskbar with black background. It has a transparency layer.

Great! :)

Guest Dario93
i have a problem (even with LCR-F), sometimes the data connection 'die' and i must go to settings and disable/enable data to make it wakeup :-/

often when i switch on/off wifi this happens....

Any other ? Can be BIN related ?

I noticed this problem on many roms,i think it's bin related (but dunno how to solve xD)

Guest Dario93
hi has anyone tried to move apps to ext2 have problems with dat, able to move with malez0.6.1 but always stuck in boot loop even tried boot.img still have same problem. flashed it over lcr f any help would be great

Strange! I will check asap :)

Edit: The attached .png isn't showing up how it'll appear on the taskbar with black background. It has a transparency layer.

it work fine....

nice idea :)

but i don't know if it work for all states... full and charging it is ok...

but, there isn't solution to have all transitions??

Guest jayziac

I'll have to make sure the circular gauge matches up with percentage over the next couple of days (my battery was just fully charged. so have to see how it drains. It is in about 20% increments, which is the Acer default, for 1% increments it's more complicated, have to modify .xml files to specify which of 100 .png files to use for each battery state change, which I assume was Dario's version and it has problems.

My main goal for the mod is so that it's easier to tell generally what the battery charge is, the original icon and different states were tiny and hard to see.

My main goal for the mod is so that it's easier to tell generally what the battery charge is, the original icon and different states were tiny and hard to see.

+1000 :)

Guest Harness

Just to get some stuff together for V3 (Besides Dolby, I get it, and I'm doing decently), can you PM (Yes, PM, easier for me to keep track of) me features you'd like to see in v3 of the ROM?

Harness.

PS: Calendar fix is being worked on as I type.

Guest thongrim
seems adb remount doesn't work on this rom, any idea on why ? ;-)

@thongrim YOU are the man ! (worked !) MANY thanks !

@harness upgrade failed for your script, i think i'll put it manually with root explorer.

First command is

adb root

this gives you root access to the terminal. Then you have to

adb remount

In this way you can push files to the device :)

Guest Harness

Calendar Fix.

http://www.multiupload.com/V07CO2JXB2

Report issues.

Also; I haven't tried the theme mod, but do a nandroid backup and try it, report your findings :)

Guest Winston Ma
hi has anyone tried to move apps to ext2 have problems with dat, able to move with malez0.6.1 but always stuck in boot loop even tried boot.img still have same problem. flashed it over lcr f any help would be great

Dario93, I could replicate the situation by the following step:

1. Flash the Acer rom

2. Install bootloader

3. Apply the FroYoMetal

4. Flash the boot.img

5. Go to recovery mode, then choose "Apps to SD"

max2rock, if you could follow the additional steps introduced on the other post, you could get ride of it

Just add the following steps between step 4 and 5, which was introduced by kenelm

adb remount

adb shell "busybox mkdir /system/sd"

adb reboot

adb remount

adb shell "busybox chown 1000:1000 /system/sd"

adb shell "busybox chmod 771 /system/sd"

adb shell "busybox mv /data/app /system/sd/app"

adb shell "busybox ln -s /system/sd/app /data/app"

Edited by Winston Ma

Guest marcolino123
TIM...

Do you have the same BIN ?

I'm tempted to flash the previous one...

I have vodafone and i never have this problem...maybe your isp?? Ah, i'm italian.. :)

Edited by marcolino123

Guest L0cu7us
I have vodafone and i never have this problem...maybe your isp?? Ah, i'm italian.. :)

isn't isp fault since i haven't an per-hour-option but i have internet 5gb.

I'm testing also an old tim internet option 150h/month with an huawei wifi router without any problem, so the problem is on our liquid :)

Guest max2rock
Dario93, I could replicate the situation by the following step:

1. Flash the Acer rom

2. Install bootloader

3. Apply the FroYoMetal

4. Flash the boot.img

5. Go to recovery mode, then choose "Apps to SD"

max2rock, if you could follow the additional steps introduced on the other post, you could get ride of it

Just add the following steps between step 4 and 5, which was introduced by kenelm

adb remount

adb shell "busybox mkdir /system/sd"

adb reboot

adb remount

adb shell "busybox chown 1000:1000 /system/sd"

adb shell "busybox chmod 771 /system/sd"

adb shell "busybox mv /data/app /system/sd/app"

adb shell "busybox ln -s /system/sd/app /data/app"

tried dis but at 4.2 unable to execute 3rd step it says unable to remove data/app/system/sd/app is a directory, continued to 4th it says folder already exists. after reboot my apps from previous nandroid backup are there half of dem culdnt launch and from recovery tried moving apps everything messed up features of my previous rom camein phone memory ran too low.this is wat happend expecting a zip file instead dat works with malez would b nice jus like other roms. thanks for ur effort everything else works fine wid dis rom i like it bcoz gaming performance seems boosted

Edited by max2rock

Guest CyberGrappa

I'm Italian with TIM and have the same problem.

For me when the phone go in wifi switch to 2G and when wifi

turn off it tries to return to 3G but DataConnectin failed to initialized.

It show 3G (data connection Flag is there ) but doesn't work.

Turn off and on again :-D the data connection in setting solve the problem but annoyng :)

My 2 cents, Pol