[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest Winston Ma
Calendar Fix.

http://www.multiupload.com/V07CO2JXB2

Report issues.

Also; I haven't tried the theme mod, but do a nandroid backup and try it, report your findings :)

Thanks I downloaded the fix and applied it in recovery mode. The USB Android logo is gone but there is a big plus sign on instead. Could you take a look? Thanks

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hi all,

Jus 1 question to anyone who can answer it.. Im on LCR-F at the mo (see signature) and quite happy with its performance. There are a few lags/slowdowns here and there, but ive learned to live with that. My biggest issue is the general fluidity of the ROM. I am probably a smoothness freak, but i find it very annoying and distracting having stutters while scrolling menus, navigating webpages, scrolling in apps etc. Im also not very happy with h.264 playback; stutters (few) on mp4s saved on sd, stutters (more than few) on youtube (app or embeded). These are issues that ive come upon using LCR-F even though i believe that they will probably be solved/evened out on future releases. So the question is this: Anyone here that was on LCR-F b4 switching to FroyoMetal V2.5? If yes, can i have some comments on how V2.5 compares to LCR-F on the issues ive mentioned (Stutters and to a lesser extend lags/slowdowns). Everyone here knows that its a bit of hassle switching thru ROMs all the time, and since ive been doing quite a lot of that lately, I thought that maybe someone could give me a hint and save me a few hours of testing.. Anyways, thanx for ur time

PS. Does DLNA works on video playback on a DLNA-enabled TV set (If anyone has tested it)? Thanx again

Laters

Guest Morris Lee

Oh, btw, I removed nemo playet and both acer ui and the widgets still work, infact, now it uses the default media playet and gallery. Maybe we don't need nemoplayer after all

Oh, btw, I removed nemo playet and both acer ui and the widgets still work, infact, now it uses the default media playet and gallery. Maybe we don't need nemoplayer after all

When you open a picture directly from acer widget are you sure that you get the real picture under the gallery or just the corresponding thumbnail ? Because when I tried that, I was able to open the gallery from the acer widget but the picture were in bad resolution (people said it was the thumbnail pictures) ?

Hope you understand me ! :)

Guest Dario93
Hi all,

Jus 1 question to anyone who can answer it.. Im on LCR-F at the mo (see signature) and quite happy with its performance. There are a few lags/slowdowns here and there, but ive learned to live with that. My biggest issue is the general fluidity of the ROM. I am probably a smoothness freak, but i find it very annoying and distracting having stutters while scrolling menus, navigating webpages, scrolling in apps etc. Im also not very happy with h.264 playback; stutters (few) on mp4s saved on sd, stutters (more than few) on youtube (app or embeded). These are issues that ive come upon using LCR-F even though i believe that they will probably be solved/evened out on future releases. So the question is this: Anyone here that was on LCR-F b4 switching to FroyoMetal V2.5? If yes, can i have some comments on how V2.5 compares to LCR-F on the issues ive mentioned (Stutters and to a lesser extend lags/slowdowns). Everyone here knows that its a bit of hassle switching thru ROMs all the time, and since ive been doing quite a lot of that lately, I thought that maybe someone could give me a hint and save me a few hours of testing.. Anyways, thanx for ur time

PS. Does DLNA works on video playback on a DLNA-enabled TV set (If anyone has tested it)? Thanx again

Laters

Well,i think this is (in part) a personal opinion. For example, i didn't noticed this type of menu/homescreen lags (but it depends on what apps you use,how much free RAM and your launcher of course) using Launcher Pro on Android UI. Same for Camera,the one from Liquid Metal,i think it's quite responsive. Also DLNA working fine for me. However,the only thing you can do is try it and post your impressions to help other users, IMHO.

See you,

Dario

Guest Dario93

Can it be removed in next version then? :)

Guest jayziac

What about removing all the 'unecessary' apks by default, but including it in another zip file for those who want to reinstall them back themselves? It's easier to install .apk than to remove (requires root & some technical know-how)

Guest Dario93
What about removing all the 'unecessary' apks by default, but including it in another zip file for those who want to reinstall them back themselves? It's easier to install .apk than to remove (requires root & some technical know-how)

Good idea. I think these apps should be removed:

NemoPlayer

Facebook

OTA Updater

Spare parts

Do you agree? :)

Guest Harness
Can it be removed in next version then? :)

I wouldn't remove AcerUI. It's actually smooth in this ROM, and some people actually like it.

Another idea is making a lite version and a full version. Wouldn't take me long.

Edited by Harness

Guest Dario93
I wouldn't remove AcerUI. It's actually smooth in this ROM, and some people actually like it.

Another idea is making a lite version and a full version. Wouldn't take me long.

I meant NemoPlayer xD

This could be a good idea :)

Guest jayziac

Here's other apps I've safely removed, from a script I have:

rm com.fede.launcher.apk

rm FWupdateService.apk

rm FDUpdater.apk

rm FileManager.apk

rm VoiceDialer.apk

rm VoiceSearch.apk

rm DSPManager.apk

rm SpareParts.apk

From stock Froyo:

rm AcerAbout.apk

rm AcerClockWidget.apk

rm AcerDLNA.apk

rm AcerNidus.apk

rm AcerRegister.apk

rm AcerSettings.apk

rm AcerSync.apk

rm AcerUpdateNotifier.apk

rm BarcodeScanner.apk

rm Calculator.apk

rm Email.apk

rm EStaskmanager.apk

rm esFileExplorer.apk

rm Facebook.apk

rm GenieWidget.apk

rm LatinImeTutorial.apk

rm LiveWallpapers.apk

rm LiveWallpapersPicker.apk

rm MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

rm NemoPlayer_DRM.apk

rm PicoTts.apk

rm RS.apk

rm SocialJogger.apk

rm Spinlets.apk

rm Task.apk

rm UrFooz.apk

rm VisualizationWallpapers.apk

rm Talk.apk

rm Twitter.apk

rm XT9IME.apk

Guest split2th
Maybe it should be called the 'paper-airplane' version :) I like my ROMs & OSes streamlined, no stutters and memory problems for me :)

Lol. I like your style. Super fast light weight version of liquid metal. Sounds like fun.

How is V3 looking. I'm assuming OC'ing is still giving you problems.

Guest shahru98

i'd agree with releasing the lite version of rom. more space and ram, everyone would love that.

im not a fan of acer UI anyhow. i like it simpler.

erm, maybe include noxwell's alpha multiouch fix?

Edited by shahru98

Guest vikings123
Good idea. I think these apps should be removed:

NemoPlayer

Facebook

OTA Updater

Spare parts

Do you agree? :)

+1

I have been waiting for the X'mas special from you Dario .... :)

Guest Harness
Lol. I like your style. Super fast light weight version of liquid metal. Sounds like fun.

How is V3 looking. I'm assuming OC'ing is still giving you problems.

I'll be releasing 2.75 soon. 3.0 is NOT coming until we get OC working. But we will get it working.

Harness.

Guest shahru98
I'll be releasing 2.75 soon. 3.0 is NOT coming until we get OC working. But we will get it working.

Harness.

wow, thanks a lot bro!

cant wait for the light version! :)

Edited by shahru98

Guest split2th

Harness.

Good to hear. What will be in 2.75? Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Guest Harness

Final chance to ask for any small fixes or revisions before the new rom comes out tonight: Go.

So far:

- Gingerbread Keyboard has been added

- DSPManager has been fixed (to the best of my knowledge)

- Silent Fix included

- Calendar is fixed

- Superuser Apps will be updated

There will be a full, and light version, for those who prefer that. You have about 15 minutes.

Edit: Full version is uploaded. Light version is being uploaded now.

Extra Edit: How would you guys feel about me implementing Music Mod over the regular Music app?

Edited by Harness