[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest Piter1225
infact on my services.jar (i've already applied and all work ok), the background notification area isn't transparent at all....

The background of notification bar can be modified in framework-res.apk

Guest Dario93
Please can someone help me with app2sd on this rom?

Perfavore qualcuno mi può aiutare con l'app2sd su questa rom?

Download the boot.img in attachment and dump it this way:

Put the boot.img in your adb folder,run adb via command line and type this to dump the new boot.img

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

THIS IS ONLY FOR ext2!!

After this,go into malez recovery,partition your SD card (ext2) and move your apps to the SD card

boot.img

Guest Harness
Download the boot.img in attachment and dump it this way:

Put the boot.img in your adb folder,run adb via command line and type this to dump the new boot.img

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

THIS IS ONLY FOR ext2!!

After this,go into malez recovery,partition your SD card (ext2) and move your apps to the SD card

Make sure you have adb and fastboot!

Guest merirosvo

Nandroid don't work with it ? :)

strange i have reflash the recovery 2 time and 2 same errors .

Other rom work

Edited by merirosvo

Guest jayziac
This is services.jar WITH white clock (if you removed Acer Launcher and have black clock) AND transparency in notification bar enabled (must use a transparent status_bar_background.png in framework-res.apk)

Screenshot for example (theme NOT included)

devicen.th.png

Use:

adb root

adb remount

adb push services.jar /system/framework/services.jar

:)

Thanks simoneser. This and a black notification bar (statusbar_background.9.png and status_bar_header_background.9.png should be included in the next version. They aren't in effect unless the AcerLauncher.apk is removed. Whether to remove it in the light version is up for debate. I personally think it should be removed and use default Android UI in light, in regular version maybe include Acer UI just like stock ROM.

Guest Harness

Guys are gonna run me over with all these requests :)

I'll do what I can but I have finals this week, expect development progress to be slightly slow as I seem to be the primary dev working actively and progressively on things in this ROM while Dario is working hard on OC.

Harness.

Edited by Harness

Guest Harness
any screen shots? also whats the diff b/t lite and full version?

Full is fully featured, all included apps, etc. Lite is... stripped down some, going to be further stripped next ROM. Themed like regular Froyo, however I use Gingerbread theme (hence why I'm useless for UI fixes)

Harness.

Guest jayziac
Guys are gonna run me over with all these requests :)

I'll do what I can but I have finals this week, expect development progress to be slightly slow as I seem to be the primary dev working actively and progressively on things in this ROM while Dario is working hard on OC.

Harness.

If you have a repository, you can just drop the changed files in the framework-res.apk. I've attached black status bar pngs (grab the services.jar from an earlier post). I'm also attaching circular battery icon pngs so it's easier to see battery status than default icon. It's not exact numbers, but works with default Acer ROMs.

black_status_bars_pngs.zip

circular_battery_pngs.zip

post-688175-1292218506_thumb.png

Edited by jayziac

hey guys, i just flashed the zip file using malez.... it seemed to go all well,.. i exited malez chose reboot, now i am stuck on the statup screen ACER - ANDROID for the past 5 minutes... whats going on?? i am on the latest 4.002.14 rom

nevermind... i reflased again... and restarted... works now

Edited by tc4101

Guest jayziac
can you modify battery meter to show number??

Since there are only 7 or so state changes because of Acer's default, it's not meant to be exact. For example, the last icon shows battery anywhere from 90 to 100, the next one is 80-90, the middle ones cover 30-50, 50-70... etc. Trying to cram the numbers '90-100' in the icon doesn't make sense.

Guest Intenso74
Since there are only 7 or so state changes because of Acer's default, it's not meant to be exact. For example, the last icon shows battery anywhere from 90 to 100, the next one is 80-90, the middle ones cover 30-50, 50-70... etc. Trying to cram the numbers '90-100' in the icon doesn't make sense.

Sill, I think it's possible.

LCR-F has battery percentage in the icon.

They modified the script so that there are now 100(!) state changes.

Guest jayziac
Sill, I think it's possible.

LCR-F has battery percentage in the icon.

They modified the script so that there are now 100(!) state changes.

Yeah it's the state changes that I don't know how to modify. There was an attempt earlier in this thread but it doesn't work. Plus who knows if it'll break things once a new Metal ROM gets leaked. This one should work with all Liquid & Metal ROMs since it just replaces the .png files.

Guest Harness
Yeah it's the state changes that I don't know how to modify. There was an attempt earlier in this thread but it doesn't work. Plus who knows if it'll break things once a new Metal ROM gets leaked. This one should work with all Liquid & Metal ROMs since it just replaces the .png files.

Here's my issue. I use the Gingerbread theme, so I'm reluctant to keep switching the frameworks to change the layouts.

I'd be willing to do it for the Gingerbread theme and put that in the rom, however.

Harness.

@jayziac, I'll tear the framework-res apart later. Thanks for letting me know.

Guest vikings123
Guys are gonna run me over with all these requests :(

Harness.

Good luck, Harness. Go beat them and get all A's or what so ever in your institute. :)

Or just show them what you have done for the Liquid community and they should give you all A's. :)

Guest masstony

Good work guys, i'm using this rom so far and it's amazing and fast, now i have flashed a couple of days ago the 2.75 and is ok....but i have found a little problem, during a call i can't modify the volume of speaker (the bar change but volume not!), no one have this problem? I don't know if is related with last changes of the rom, but previously was ok.

Guest Harness
Sorry but what is the difference between the 2.5 and the 2.75?!?!?

A few apps and fixes. I have the change log somewhere, I just don't think Dario moved them. That's another project of mine.

Good work guys, i'm using this rom so far and it's amazing and fast, now i have flashed a couple of days ago the 2.75 and is ok....but i have found a little problem, during a call i can't modify the volume of speaker (the bar change but volume not!), no one have this problem? I don't know if is related with last changes of the rom, but previously was ok.

I cannot replicate this issue. Do me a favor and clear your cache/dalvik cache and tell me if the problem persists.

Good luck, Harness. Go beat them and get all A's or what so ever in your institute. :)

Or just show them what you have done for the Liquid community and they should give you all A's. :(

Thanks a lot! :lol: Your name wouldn't happen to be referring to the Minnesota Vikings, would it? If so, they're playing about 15 minutes away from me tonight! I was gonna go but I work :P

Also; Gingerbread theme is stable/working awesome. http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...gerbread-theme/

Harness.

Edit: Good news; I have 3 hours until my next exam to work on things.

Edited by Harness