StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest toyfreak
If you're on anything after 1.2, you can flash this straight up.

Anything less than 1.1.1, I suggest you go to 1.1.1 first then flash the new baseband, then flash 1.4.6. (If I were you though, I'd flash new baseband, then 1.2 ROM, then 1.4.6) But that's me... :)h

Thanks for the advice. My path to 1.4.6 was as follows: AT&T 1.6>O2 1.6>O2 2.1>Untouched 2.2 (flashed 3 files via fastboot)>Steves 1.4.6. No factory resets along the way and I went into the market and updated whatever apps needed updates along the way. Never lost any data and only had to sign into my google account at O2 1.6, never thereafter.

Quadrant: 1366

Linpack: 33.32

No issues at all so far; this ROM is super fast and smooth. Big props to Stephen, fards, et. al.

If you have no data connection then check wifi isn't enabled.. on the last build I had a couple of times that it thought it was connecting, yet didn't as there was no wifi point to connect to, and so couldn't switch to mobile data. Haven't had it on this one yet

The rill tweaks don't effect that...

Edit... as an alternative to.wifi, then cycle airplane mode.

Oh I see you found that works. :P

Edited by fards

Guest toyfreak
Rather than flash one rom after another, if you're on official dell 2.2 then you should b be able to flash this straight over, no factory reset nothing..

I had to get to official Dell 2.2 (tried that directly from AT&T 1.6 a couple of days ago and FUBAR the phone) so I went the long way. So far so good except FC on 720P camcorder so I am applying the fix now.

EDIT: I had to flash the dsp1.mbn via fastboot to fix 720P camcorder FC even though my upgrade path was thru official 2.2... Your mileage may vary.

Edited by toyfreak

Guest nochancenine

Wow, this 1.4.7 ROM is performing so well. I'm not sure what's different exactly, but for the first time the ADW Launcher drawer scrolling is completely smooth for me, so cool!

Guest jnovello

Flashed 1.4.6 today with no issues yet again. I am obsessed now with Quadrant scores. I can't seem to break even 1700. I have setcpu set to max and read before that the tweaks were integrated in this build. I want to break the 2000 mark!

On 145 with Fard's data tweak because I haven't had time to flash these near-nightly builds.

I read some people are getting reception issues, would like to add myself to them.

It seems as though it is having trouble with handshakes for me, normally I can take my train commute without seeing a single bar drop, but now it is going to 0-1 bars at what seems to be somewhat regular intervals. It will be full, then quickly drop, then go back to full.

Oh, and still having sound issues with Rock Player. Anybody else experiencing crackly sound?

Guest Us3Less
On 145 with Fard's data tweak because I haven't had time to flash these near-nightly builds.

I read some people are getting reception issues, would like to add myself to them.

It seems as though it is having trouble with handshakes for me, normally I can take my train commute without seeing a single bar drop, but now it is going to 0-1 bars at what seems to be somewhat regular intervals. It will be full, then quickly drop, then go back to full.

Oh, and still having sound issues with Rock Player. Anybody else experiencing crackly sound?

Try Vplayer Alpha ...... I find it better and most importantly , works better on the Steve's built . . . .

"Try Vplayer Alpha ...... I find it better and most importantly , works better on the Steve's built . . . ."

Currently using steves 1.4.5 build and everything is great apart from vplayer alpha which gives a plain black screen for all flv files.

It did work ok on 1.4.2 build.

Any idea's on how to resolve this?

Guest Android_Jymm

Ive been sitting on stephens 1.1.1 build since release, not really had the time to play til now. I followed the steps in the OP and had 1.4.6 up and running in 5-10 mins, no factory resets needed, all apps working fine, all I had to do was toggle on my wireless no setup needed, AWESOME!

I know its been said a thousand times before but THANK YOU to all involed in the development, esp. Stephen.

Cheers

Guest TimoBeil
can someone confirm the usb tethering works please?

Thanks

No, it still doesn't work for me. At least Ubuntu detects no (cable-)network

edit: the same on XP; Wifi-tethering is working, USB (cable) not.

Edited by TimoBeil

Guest adzman808

bugger - bit of a show stopper for me sadly

EDIT

is this not working for everyone or one of those bugs that affects a few people?

is it dependant upon which driver is registered against "android phone" in device manager, eg composit device or adb interface (which i suspect is what is required...)

Thanks

Edited by adzman808

Guest TimoBeil
bugger - bit of a show stopper for me sadly

EDIT

is this not working for everyone or one of those bugs that affects a few people?

is it dependant upon which driver is registered against "android phone" in device manager, eg composit device or adb interface (which i suspect is what is required...)

Thanks

It seems not to be a driver problem (for PC). When I connect my HD2 (froyo running), enable usb-tethering, it is immediately recognized (Ubuntu: "auto eth0") and Internet access is available.

Guest adzman808
It seems not to be a driver problem (for PC). When I connect my HD2 (froyo running), enable usb-tethering, it is immediately recognized (Ubuntu: "auto eth0") and Internet access is available.

what driver is the streak showing in PC device manager, ADB composite?

or do you think the driver issue is on the streak...

(never got round to making my hd2 [work phone!!] run froyo... maybe i should... would prob f up exchange mail push tho :P)

after a reboot can people check that local.prop is actually populated with values and not just blank?

mine is getting wiped whether I want it too or not after the values are read...

so if you reboot a couple of times the values are no longer used, this may account for the oddities with data

teh HSPA icon line is being ignored in build.prop for some reason, so the H isn't showing for everyone.. but I'm not certain why that is.

adding ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1 to local.prop fixes this,

obviously its not a good fix if local.prop is getting wiped..

k I've stopped local.prop from getting overwritten by deleting the local.prop.empty in system/etc

looks like a bug in steves init.djsteve.sh

rather than checking for use.empty.prop its actually checking for local.prop and then overwriting it with the blank one everytime

Edited by fards

Guest adzman808

i'm itching to flash this... but i'm kinda in 2 minds...

anyone know how good dell sync is at restoration...?

a fresh flash doesn't bother me as i use so few apps, but setting up bookmarks etc every time is a bjtch!!

i'm itching to flash this... but i'm kinda in 2 minds...

anyone know how good dell sync is at restoration...?

a fresh flash doesn't bother me as i use so few apps, but setting up bookmarks etc every time is a bjtch!!

I use the bookmarks section..

also this doesn't need factory reset it works over the top

Edited by fards