StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest FearTheDroid

First post for me on here.

First off, Steve - awesome work on this, I've never seen my streak so sodding fast (came from O2 botched 2.1)!

I'm on 1.4.1 at the moment but have a question. Can I flash straight to 1.4.6 from this without factory reset AND without reflashing the baseband (did this before 1.4.1)? I'm on an O2 locked device.

Bit of a noob question but I've just got into this custom ROM lark in the last few days!

Cheers

Guest pompeyboyz
after a reboot can people check that local.prop is actually populated with values and not just blank?

mine is getting wiped whether I want it too or not after the values are read...

so if you reboot a couple of times the values are no longer used, this may account for the oddities with data

teh HSPA icon line is being ignored in build.prop for some reason, so the H isn't showing for everyone.. but I'm not certain why that is.

adding ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1 to local.prop fixes this,

obviously its not a good fix if local.prop is getting wiped..

k I've stopped local.prop from getting overwritten by deleting the local.prop.empty in system/etc

looks like a bug in steves init.djsteve.sh

rather than checking for use.empty.prop its actually checking for local.prop and then overwriting it with the blank one everytime

Noob question for you Fards. How can I do this edit? I am at work now so don't have access to a PC that I can root through.

Guest adzman808
dunno about 1.1.1

best to ask someone that has done that route..

i'll have the answer soon... or see you on freenode with tales of woe...

(am doing this at work to aviod g/f issues :P)

Guest adzman808

flashed - booted ok

data speed down from 1500something to 365 (& dispalying 3g icon not hspda)

broswer FC on exit

usb tethering doesn't work

(obv i haven't really followed tye correct path to upgrade here)

not at £3.18 it isn't :P

It's really worth it if you do a lot of flashing! Anyway for bookmarks in particular there's a free app on the market that backs them up to your sd card. I think it's Bookmark Sort & Backup ... I can't remember if that was the one i used to transfer bookmarks from one device to another (by copying the .xml file).

flashed - booted ok

data speed down from 1500something to 365 (& dispalying 3g icon not hspda)

broswer FC on exit

usb tethering doesn't work

(obv i haven't really followed tye correct path to upgrade here)

go back and check what I wrote a page ago

Guest adzman808

cheers,

but am going back to 1.1.1 i want usb tethering more than i want the f camera

i'm sure your data fix is valid,

but i've already jimmy'd my back cover to be removeable (bit of cardboard), so it doesn't seem that .6 has what i need

i think we're close to pretty much everything working... just need usb teth fix & put up with the sound work-a-round & the odd FC

Thanks

Guest brokenpixel
ok just flashed back to 1.1.1 (still no fac reset)

loadsa swpye FCs

data back to 1200+

Hey adzman I too went back to 1.1.1 but one thing I regret flashing 1.4.5 is that I saw that swype keyboard and now I want it. If you get it working let me know I want that swype installed on 1.1.1 too.

Guest adzman808

i used the stand alone swype (not the black themed one from the official)

you will be able to pull the swype app from steve's build.zip & install as a stand alone app

I'VE NO IDEA IF THIS WORKS

Open Steve's zip, browse to system/app

extract swype.apk

copy to your phone (SD) & browse to it & install it

let me know if it works...

Any one else having reduce in performance and FPS in games as from v1.3 onward. Tested in many games and results are the same, slower FPS. Quadrant increase but this is not so in actual application performance (try NenaMark, this is true to FPS rate). Could this be due to extra pre-installed apps with the new version like Dell stage and other. Is it for possible you do a clean/ lite version 1.4.x with bugs fixed for us please Steve, I don't want to ask but it's nice to have the option. Thanx for your continuation supports.

Edited by mod@

after a reboot can people check that local.prop is actually populated with values and not just blank?

mine is getting wiped whether I want it too or not after the values are read...

so if you reboot a couple of times the values are no longer used, this may account for the oddities with data

teh HSPA icon line is being ignored in build.prop for some reason, so the H isn't showing for everyone.. but I'm not certain why that is.

adding ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1 to local.prop fixes this,

obviously its not a good fix if local.prop is getting wiped..

k I've stopped local.prop from getting overwritten by deleting the local.prop.empty in system/etc

looks like a bug in steves init.djsteve.sh

rather than checking for use.empty.prop its actually checking for local.prop and then overwriting it with the blank one everytime

Hmmm... Well my system/etc/local.prop is NOT empty after reboots.

So I just added the DATA_ICON=1 line to it.

Ill let you know the results after I reboot.

Edit

Ok. I confirmed the local.prop was loading by seeing lines in data/local.prop.

I too had to delete (I renamed it) system/etc/local.prop.empty.BAK to get it to read properly.

but with ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1 the H does NOT show still after reboot....!?!

Edited by NoDoze

Guest adzman808
ok just flashed back to 1.1.1 (still no fac reset)

loadsa swpye FCs

data back to 1200+

after my (frankly stupid) f it, i'll update to 1.4.6 str8 from 1.1.1 & then back again to 1.1.1 & i'm not doing a fac reset i feel i've been quite lucky...

swype was fuct - uninstalled / reinstalled = all gravy

gmail FC'd the whole time... tried to reinstall from .apk but couldn't, so deleted if from //app, then was able to download again from market

now it's all cool :P

i've briefly tested each app in that i've opened them, not tried every setting... but they all open & close without FC

i think in future i'll not fac reset - try new roms & if i like 'em & have probs THEN factory reset...

but maybes i've just been lucky...

Guest payneardo

Hi all loving the speed increases on the new ROM

But wondered if anybody else had a problem where your streak locks up but noticed (via system) that the CPU is maxed out and have to do a reboot does fix this.

Psst, Steve your instructions on page 1 still refer to the zip as 1.4.5 for installing .6!

Downloading now tho :P thanks for the rapid releases. Will you be releasing one that includes the 720 video fix within the zip, in one handy update?

Cheers,

jimi

Guest brokenpixel
i used the stand alone swype (not the black themed one from the official)

you will be able to pull the swype app from steve's build.zip & install as a stand alone app

I'VE NO IDEA IF THIS WORKS

Open Steve's zip, browse to system/app

extract swype.apk

copy to your phone (SD) & browse to it & install it

let me know if it works...

Yay! almost post no go then I realized I was trying with the galaxy S swype, so this does work!

nice one.

thanks

Guest Stephen Hyde
Psst, Steve your instructions on page 1 still refer to the zip as 1.4.5 for installing .6!

Downloading now tho :P thanks for the rapid releases. Will you be releasing one that includes the 720 video fix within the zip, in one handy update?

Cheers,

jimi

Cant unfortunatly cant flash amss or dsp files on device has to be done via fastboot

Guest FearTheDroid
First post for me on here.

First off, Steve - awesome work on this, I've never seen my streak so sodding fast (came from O2 botched 2.1)!

I'm on 1.4.1 at the moment but have a question. Can I flash straight to 1.4.6 from this without factory reset AND without reflashing the baseband (did this before 1.4.1)? I'm on an O2 locked device.

Bit of a noob question but I've just got into this custom ROM lark in the last few days!

Cheers

Anyone know the answer to this?

Guest mancterrier
i was getting the no network error using data, turning airplane mode on then off fixed it for me. shows 3g now instead of just bars

ps here is a link to test data on, plays sweet too!

watch bbc1 live you can watch other bbc channels thru the links on the page. not sure if it works outside the uk tho.

great way to show off the data and flash capabilities tho!

Thanks worked for me, data working now..

Guest FearTheDroid
Yes you can

Thanks, will have a go now - forgot my USB cable and won't have it for a couple days - didn't want to wait for this update for that long if I didn't have to!