StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde
Tested FPS rate in nenaMark on v1.4.6 and got 16fps whereas in v1.3 I was getting 21-22 fps. In game FPS rate is noticeable on all the one I have tested.

see i get ~16fps in nenamark but put cpu in performance mode and you'll get 20+

Guest jayjayn1

Hi

Does anyone know whether you can go straight from o2 2.1 to DJ Steves 1.4.6?

Or do i have to upgrade to 1.1.1 first then got through the various builds up to 1.4.6?

I want to upgrade a friends streak and dont want to brick it.

Guest madd_dog

Does any one have a fix for this -

I did change the dock settings to ask me always whether I want to keep the device speakers enabled, but this has not helped me.

Hi,

Does any one here use the A/V dock as a charging station at night? I do. My alarm and ring does not work when i am docked to A/V dock. I have observed this since 1.4.

Before 1.4, when I connected to the AV dock, I used to get a notification asking me whether i wanted to redirect my device speaker to the AV speaker. Now (1.4.5) I see no such message.

Is there anyway to turn on the ringer and alarm (or otherwise force the device to use its speaker) when connected to AV dock?

Thanks,

Madhav

Guest majortom333

What recovery works for this?

I was on a 21-us baseband with 1.6 stock, I upgraded through the OS 1.6 to 2.1 then onto the 2.2 dell official and now have baseband 00-us. My recovery was just sticking at black screens so I went back and tried all the img files I had. All are just black screen when booting into recovery except one and it just gives me one option of updating by a pkg file. I want to get back to clockwork recovery with the full menu for nandroid backup and the ability to update by zip file. What recovery am I missing?

Guest Stephen Hyde

I was on a 21-us baseband with 1.6 stock, I upgraded through the OS 1.6 to 2.1 then onto the 2.2 dell official and now have baseband 00-us. My recovery was just sticking at black screens so I went back and tried all the img files I had. All are just black screen when booting into recovery except one and it just gives me one option of updating by a pkg file. I want to get back to clockwork recovery with the full menu for nandroid backup and the ability to update by zip file. What recovery am I missing?

clockwork should work fine

Guest majortom333
clockwork should work fine

And how do I get it to work?

I have clockwork (current 2.0.5.1)on my phones and am familiar with using it, but on the streak when I try it or just the power up with volume keys depressed all I get is a black screen for eternity. Now it was not always this way, during the upgrading path I flashed several recovery img files and went through sever different recover screens. I went back and flashed all of them again but out of 4 different ones all are black screen but one and it is not a menu but a pkg upgrade only. So is my issue with the recovery.img or with clockwork version or with baseband now being 00-us?

Guest Stephen Hyde
And how do I get it to work?

I have clockwork (current 2.0.5.1)on my phones and am familiar with using it, but on the streak when I try it or just the power up with volume keys depressed all I get is a black screen for eternity. Now it was not always this way, during the upgrading path I flashed several recovery img files and went through sever different recover screens. I went back and flashed all of them again but out of 4 different ones all are black screen but one and it is not a menu but a pkg upgrade only. So is my issue with the recovery.img or with clockwork version or with baseband now being 00-us?

try the clockwork linked on here

Guest topshelf95
FPS WILL NOT be effected by whats installed im pretty sure the kernel has a bug somewhere stopping fps at 45 for me at least, can anyone on quadrant confirm the max fps they get on planets scene

45 max on 1.4.6

try flashing clockwork through adb using

#adb shell

$ su

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/where/your/recovery/image/is/recovery.img

# reboot

this doesn't work out of the box on the official 2.2 from Dell as they removed the flash_image..

so you need this attachment unzipped and stuck in /system/bin

***** if you're stuck on DELL LOGO and can't boot *******

and you can't move it because you don't have root, then use superoneclick from XDA to allow you to root via usb cable from your pc..

then adb shell

su

mount remount,rw /system

exit

adb push flash_image system/bin/

and follow the instructions above..

flash_image.zip

Edited by fards

try repling to messages :P

Hi Stephen........yesterday finally I could revive my Streak with your REPAIRTOOL, that is wonderfull tool!!!!!!!.....my device now work almost everything....only need that work Streak Radio.....not now work. My device before update was Android 1.6, baseband GAUSB1A111231-US, version 6601; and after update is Android Froyo 2.2, baseband GAUSB1A130500-US, version 10688.......Stephen, this configuration is correct to my device?....THANKS FOR ALL!!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

Maurice.

Edited by dumavi

Guest Crinos512

Alright, I've been following this thread (and it's predecessors) for a while, ... and I finally thought I'd take the plunge and try out this new ROM everyone seems to be taken by. I seem to have run into a snag though and have registered just to ask for help.

Dell Streak

Baseband: GAUSB1A111231-US

Kernel: 2.6.29-perf

Build: 6601

The only problem I'm experiencing is with fastboot. I'm trying to use my home PC running Kubuntu x86_64 (10.10) w/ KDE 4.5.3.

I have ADB installed and functional...

$ adb devices

sees my Streak fine...

$ fastboot devices

does not.

/etc/udev/rules.d/90-android.rules

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c01", MODE="0666", OWNER="crinos" #Normal
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c02", MODE="0666", OWNER="crinos" #Recovery
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0fff", MODE="0666", OWNER="crinos" #Fastboot[/codebox]

Can anyone help me out?

Build seems great except: was on the phone and got another incoming call, which, upon trying to answer, caused it to say: "cannot switch calls" and the phone app become non-responsive, requiring me to pull the battery out.