StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest stoneskid

I have a dell us 1.6 that I upgraded to 02 2.1. It is working fine at 2.1 Is it safe to go straight to 1.4.6 from the o2 2.1? Can't to seem to find the answer to this. Not using rebel sim etc. so I don't care about the base band upgrade.

Thanks

Guest Stephen Hyde
Any update on getting front facing camera working with fring?

i dont believe its anything i can do other than remove the ability to use front cam in camera app. fring need to sort it.

Just updated from 1.2.0 to 1.4.6, first boot took about 5 minutes-ish, but booted in fine without having to factory reset, all settings still there!

Internet was very slow, so rebooted to apply Fards data tweaks or whatever like it says to do, internet now fastest it's been since 2.1 (I had very slow internet on 1.2.0 and constant HTTP request interrupted pages)...

Just wondering, where's the H icon gone? :s and why no black theme?

And also, for us noobs at overclocked, do we just boot up setCPU and raise the max freq or is there some specific settings we need to put in to OC?

Thanks for the amazing work!!!

its best to edit steves init and set the HPSA icon in local.prop in this build.

here's a zip of the files done.

local.prop goes in data/

init.djsteve.sh goes in system/etc/

SetCpu seems to have a bug where it doesn't pick up the feequencies properly coming out of sleep or on reboot and sticks on 548Mhz

there's an easy workaround to that though

Press menu in SetCpu, Device Selection, AutodetectSpeeds OK

then when its done press Profiles, Tick Enable and add profile..

set the frequencies you want adn choose Temp >0c for the condition..

Unless the streak is running an internal temp below 0c (possible but unlikely) It seems to work..

146_localfix.zip

Edited by fards

Guest passie42
read up

fastboot -i 0x413c

I use fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss C:\aaa\boot.img where aaa is my temp folder for the flash.

Before I putt everything in the root of my c: drive.

I have red eyes from reading the threads, I am really trying :P

thnx so far.

I use fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss C:\aaa\boot.img where aaa is my temp folder for the flash.

thnx so far.

drivers??

Guest synaptic.flaws

thnx so far.

Flash mass boot.img? ?

Guest slarty01

Sorry to cross post but I was looking for some pointers, I'd like to give Steve's Rom a go as I have gone from stock o2 1.6 4366 to Dell GAUSB1A130900 11548.

In this process I have downloaded and conquered the Android Windows 7 drivers issue and worked through fastboot and managed to update using fastboot-windows.exe img and mbn files bringing my streak to 2.w 11548 I originally tried to use fastboot to get me onto Steve's rom but no joy so I dropped the idea and waited for delll but went an tried the fast boot track and am disapointed with wifi and gprs / 3g performance.

I have flashed various clockmod img files from xda developers and here but all I get after flashing is restrting into the boot update.pkg default menu and not clockmod menu. sometimes I get the black menu but 99% o the time its simply the default update.pgk menu. I'm retty sureI'm following the process right, I'm getting full feed back and fastboot is saying okay etc. I'm not doing things like copying img and mdb files to sd and expecting them to boot.

Any help appreciated

Guest nanostreak
I have a dell us 1.6 that I upgraded to 02 2.1. It is working fine at 2.1 Is it safe to go straight to 1.4.6 from the o2 2.1? Can't to seem to find the answer to this. Not using rebel sim etc. so I don't care about the base band upgrade.

Thanks

You have to install 1.1.1 first then do a factory reset and then flash the new baseband and 1.2. Then you can go straight to 1.4.6 afterwards. The guide for the 1.2 is misleading telling you to factory reset after the 1.2.

I went through all steps with my wife's original black 1.6 US today. Because there has been so much development and only the first post of each announcement thread get a bit half heartedly updated it is very confusing if one doesn't read the forum daily.

Sorry to cross post but I was looking for some pointers, I'd like to give Steve's Rom a go as I have gone from stock o2 1.6 4366 to Dell GAUSB1A130900 11548.

In this process I have downloaded and conquered the Android Windows 7 drivers issue and worked through fastboot and managed to update using fastboot-windows.exe img and mbn files bringing my streak to 2.w 11548 I originally tried to use fastboot to get me onto Steve's rom but no joy so I dropped the idea and waited for delll but went an tried the fast boot track and am disapointed with wifi and gprs / 3g performance.

I have flashed various clockmod img files from xda developers and here but all I get after flashing is restrting into the boot update.pkg default menu and not clockmod menu. sometimes I get the black menu but 99% o the time its simply the default update.pgk menu. I'm retty sureI'm following the process right, I'm getting full feed back and fastboot is saying okay etc. I'm not doing things like copying img and mdb files to sd and expecting them to boot.

Any help appreciated

are you going straight into clockwork after flashing it ?

if you boot the stock rom it overwrites clockwork..

when you drop into the recovery the 2 option should bring up the clockwork recovery screens

you only need to update straight to 1.4.6 from 2.2 ...

you don't need to go to 111 or anything else.. .

Guest slarty01

again sorry to butt in.. it seems I'm in a similar quandry.. ish. so you can't go from stock 2.2 to 1.4.6????? you have to:-

1) go back to 1.6 4366

2)then 1.1 of steve,s

3)then factory reset

4)then baseband as in 1.4.6 instructions mbn file (??) noobie remember :P

5)then 1.2

6)then 1.4.6

where in this does clockmod come in this process is it at 1.2 root device with z4root and load clockmod root manager from marke or fastboot whichever .img file works from xda developers or here (finding that would be fun)? and is it correct with so many variants out there on ways up I am very confused but a cold role in the snow will sort that out :D

You have to install 1.1.1 first then do a factory reset and then flash the new baseband and 1.2. Then you can go straight to 1.4.6 afterwards. The guide for the 1.2 is misleading telling you to factory reset after the 1.2.

I went through all steps with my wife's original black 1.6 US today. Because there has been so much development and only the first post of each announcement thread get a bit half heartedly updated it is very confusing if one doesn't read the forum daily.

Guest nanostreak

Any help appreciated

Had the same problem today. Drove me crazy. Attached file works.

Guest nanostreak

Any help appreciated

Update: don't seem to be able to attach from what I fetched on the streak from my dropbox. Can you Google for recovery.clockworkmod.img? It's a second alternative. I lost the link.

Guest nanostreak

Update: don't seem to be able to attach from what I fetched on the streak from my dropbox. Can you Google for recovery.clockworkmod.img? It's a second alternative. I lost the link.

Here is the link see post my mistadman http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...4563&page=3

Guest slarty01

thanks !! I think I have it was it this one?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...4563&page=3

Did you flash the mbn file first or just straight through flashboot the .mg file in the link reboot then boot to option 2 and clockmod the update.zip file?

thanks again.. here's hoping this time :P as you say I've been up till 2:300 this moring I know not that late but I'm still on it and it should be simple.. I think its me.. or I have a friday streak

Guest nanostreak
thanks !! I think I have it was it this one?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...4563&page=3

Did you flash the mbn file first or just straight through flashboot the .mg file in the link reboot then boot to option 2 and clockmod the update.zip file?

thanks again.. here's hoping this time :P as you say I've been up till 2:300 this moring I know not that late but I'm still on it and it should be simple.. I think its me.. or I have a friday streak

You have to first install the alternative boot image via fastboot and install the 1.1.1 zip file http://build2.streakdroid.com/update-release-1.1.1.zip

One then has to do a factory reset.

Do not change the baseband before that! I initially followed this thread (there are 3 announcement threads...): http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...1-2-0-released/ and ended up soft-bricking by doing a factory reset at the wrong step (after 1.2.0). Luckily, one can simply use a microSD reader or second streak to put the 1.1.1 zip on the SD card if stuck at that step.

So the steps are coming from 2.1:

I aged 10 years today. Soft bricked my wife's loved Dell at least 4 times, pulled my hair about not having written down the steps on my own streak which I upgraded early on. The web is such a living thing that things change by the minute... Now I have all files saved in my Dropbox and the steps written out...

HOWEVER, while that sounds scary it was fun and Steve and the other hackers did an amazing job. I still can't believe he is only 24 and has the skills, team building talent and discipline to pull this off. My wife is so thrilled that she is donating $50 (making it our 4th donation: we must feed Steve to fence off any "hostile takeover" by Dell! *grin*). Thank you Steve! We love you!

recovery.clockworkmod.zip

Edited by nanostreak

Guest slarty01

yes serious respect!!! and thank you!!

I will try your method tomorrow otherwise I will be up all night again. I just can not get back to base images I've only ever managed to get to 4399 then to 81xx and that was hell. as you say I've aged 10 years .. I may wait for Steve to do something with HDMI but i'm not sure I can live with gprs and 3g and wifi being so bad not to mention the fc's market issues and web issues. I'm close to selling the streak docking station and car mount to be honest but I'm concerned that this isn't just dell and an android issue so if I jump ship and go with a samsung or motorola willI be in a similar boat... hmm

You have to first install the alternative boot image via fastboot and install the 1.1.1 zip file http://build2.streakdroid.com/update-release-1.1.1.zip

One then has to do a factory reset.

Do not change the baseband before that! I initially followed this thread (there are 3 announcement threads...): http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...1-2-0-released/ and ended up soft-bricking by doing a factory reset at the wrong step (after 1.2.0). Luckily, one can simply use a microSD reader or second streak to put the 1.1.1 zip on the SD card if stuck at that step.

So the steps are coming from 2.1:

I aged 10 years today. Soft bricked my wife's loved Dell at least 4 times, pulled my hair about not having written down the steps on my own streak which I upgraded early on. The web is such a living thing that things change by the minute... Now I have all files saved in my Dropbox and the steps written out...

HOWEVER, while that sounds scary it was fun and Steve and the other hackers did an amazing job. I still can't believe he is only 24 and has the skills, team building talent and discipline to pull this off. My wife is so thrilled that she is donating $50 (making it our 4th donation: we must feed Steve to fence off any "hostile takeover" by Dell! *grin*). Thank you Steve! We love you!

Edited by slarty01

Guest Amdathlonuk

I could only record video in CIF on Steve's 1.4.5 so thought I would flash 1.4.6 whilst trying to fix the 720p issue also.

1.4.6 is bloody AMAZING!! completely THE BEST phone I have now ever owned (I've owned a few ;-))

However after Fastboot flashing the .mbn file and rebooting my Dell will still only record video in CIF?

I got the correct messges whilst flashing....

downloading....okay

writing....okay

Anything else I need to do?