StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Does anyone know if the freshly released at$t rom has a different baseband compared to the first official froyo release? If it is different would someone be kind enough to upload it here? Thank you. I have somewhat problematic connection with the one included in 1.4.6 release.

Guest tavella

Did you upgrade directly from 6601/1.6 from AT&T or did you go 4399 to 8105 to 2.2 build?

Does anyone know if the freshly released at$t rom has a different baseband compared to the first official froyo release? If it is different would someone be kind enough to upload it here? Thank you. I have somewhat problematic connection with the one included in 1.4.6 release.

Guest skryking

Something wierd I just noticed. I took a picture of myself with the front facing camera and the text on my shirt is backwords. Is this normal? I'm running 1.4.6 at the moment.

Skryking

Edited by skryking

Guest FearTheDroid

I have to say that I appreciate Steve giving us actual updates on his progress almost as much as the blistering speed of my Streak since upgrading to his ROM! Keep it up Steve, we really would rather hear "1.5 delayed a while due to some monster bugs" and "should be out tomorrow" than O2 and Dells famous "no info yet, will post 30 seconds before release just coz we like taking the michael"

Guest dwnhllfreak

OK, so looked through the pages and I have not been able to fix my problem. I am having issues with apps installing and only certain ones. i.e. pocket legends and angry birds seasons. It downloads but when it goes to install it says install unsuccessful. I was on a 1.?? not sure if it was 1.1.1 then flashed 1.4.6 thinking it might fix my problem but it did not. I tried the market fix from post 149 but that didn't fix it either. I cleared the data and cleared dalvik cache and also re-flashed 1.4.6. Non of this has worked and I have been trying to avoid a reset. I was wondering if anyone has seen this and fixed this problem? If I do a reset what backups have you successfully used? I tried titanium and it hosed the phone. Thanks for any help.

Guest Stephen Hyde
OK, so looked through the pages and I have not been able to fix my problem. I am having issues with apps installing and only certain ones. i.e. pocket legends and angry birds seasons. It downloads but when it goes to install it says install unsuccessful. I was on a 1.?? not sure if it was 1.1.1 then flashed 1.4.6 thinking it might fix my problem but it did not. I tried the market fix from post 149 but that didn't fix it either. I cleared the data and cleared dalvik cache and also re-flashed 1.4.6. Non of this has worked and I have been trying to avoid a reset. I was wondering if anyone has seen this and fixed this problem? If I do a reset what backups have you successfully used? I tried titanium and it hosed the phone. Thanks for any help.

thats a weird issue but without logs i cant realyl diagnose

Guest V.stArZerO

I had the same problem as you discribed for pocket legends.

What I've done is

"Unmount" your sd card, then

"Install pocket legends" from android market, then

you should be able to see it completes installed. After this step then

"Mount" your sd card back.

This solves the install unsuccessful problem for pocket legends on my streak, I think the same trick can be applied to angry birds as well.

You can give it a try, good luck.

Guest frankquattrone

Does anyone else have a problem where the data connection disappears? I thought maybe it was due to going into an elevator, losing the signal and then not reconnecting but it happened when twice when I was just sitting in my office today. Basically, I'm connected and at some point, it just disconnects. I can get it back by going into airplane mode and coming back out. It happens randomly and it's not a signal issue because I have full bars on the phone and I can get it back by toggling airplane mode. Any thoughts? I'm thinking it may have to do with the fact that I upgraded from O2 2.1 directly to 1.4.6. When 1.5 comes out, I'm thinking of starting over and flashing down and then back up. What's the safest path? Should I go to 1.1.1 then 1.5 or do I need to downgrade even further back? Once I'm on 1.1, can I go from 1.1.1 to 1.5 directly or do I have to do the middle ones like 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, etc. Thanks!

Guest dwnhllfreak
thats a weird issue but without logs i cant realyl diagnose

Wasn't thinking. Here it is.

D/alogcat ( 7398): stopping ...

D/alogcat ( 7398): starting ...

D/alogcat ( 7398): stopped

D/StatusBarPolicy( 149): asu = 12 ,Ec_no = -1

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): KEYCODE_HOME, down=true

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): -Vibrate- Detect the HOME key short press

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): KEYCODE_HOME, down=false

V/alogcat ( 7398): save instance

V/alogcat ( 7398): paused

I/ActivityManager( 149): Displayed activity android/com.android.internal.app.ResolverActivity: 733 ms (total 733 ms)

D/alogcat ( 7398): stopped

D/StatusBarPolicy( 149): asu = 10 ,Ec_no = -1

I/ActivityManager( 149): Displayed activity com.android.vending/.AssetBrowserActivity: 1966 ms (total 1966 ms)

D/StatusBarPolicy( 149): asu = 4 ,Ec_no = -1

W/Process ( 149): Unable to open /proc/6815/status

D/SearchDialog( 6666): launching Intent { act=android.intent.action.SEARCH flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.android.vending/.SearchAssetListActivity (has extras) }

I/SearchDialog( 6666): Starting (as ourselves) #Intent;action=android.intent.action.SEARCH;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com

android.vending/.SearchAssetListActivity;S.query=angry%20birds;S.user_query=;end

W/IInputConnectionWrapper( 6666): finishComposingText on inactive InputConnection

I/ActivityManager( 149): Displayed activity com.android.vending/.SearchAssetListActivity: 357 ms (total 357 ms)

I/ActivityManager( 149): Displayed activity com.android.vending/.TabbedAssetInfoActivity: 430 ms (total 430 ms)

I/ActivityManager( 149): Displayed activity com.android.vending/.AssetPermissionsSubActivity: 364 ms (total 364 ms)

D/vending ( 6666): [20] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 5538226676857247001 / DOWNLOAD_PENDING

I/vending ( 6666): [20] RequestDispatcher$RequestContext.<init>(): Some requests use secure token but dont require SSL. Forcing SSL.

D/vending ( 6666): [49] AssetDownloader.downloadAndInstall(): Initiating Download for 1 applications.

I/vending ( 6666): [49] DownloadManagerUtil.enqueueDownload(): Enqueue for download com.android.vending.util.DownloadManagerUtil$Request@4870e668

D/vending ( 6666): [49] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 5538226676857247001 / null

D/vending ( 6666): [49] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 5538226676857247001 / DOWNLOADING

D/StatusBarPolicy( 149): asu = 7 ,Ec_no = -1

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): KEYCODE_BACK, down=true

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): -Vibrate- Detect the BACK key short press

W/KeyCharacterMap( 6666): No keyboard for id 0

W/KeyCharacterMap( 6666): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): KEYCODE_BACK, down=false

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): KEYCODE_BACK, down=true

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): -Vibrate- Detect the BACK key short press

W/KeyCharacterMap( 6666): No keyboard for id 0

W/KeyCharacterMap( 6666): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): KEYCODE_BACK, down=false

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): KEYCODE_MENU, down=true

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): -Vibrate- Detect the Menu key short press

W/KeyCharacterMap( 584): No keyboard for id 0

W/KeyCharacterMap( 584): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

D/PhoneWindowManager( 149): KEYCODE_MENU, down=false

D/alogcat ( 7398): canceling periodic saves

D/alogcat ( 7398): starting ...

V/alogcat ( 7398): started

V/alogcat ( 7398): resumed

D/StatusBarPolicy( 149): asu = 2 ,Ec_no = -1

D/StatusBarPolicy( 149): asu = 5 ,Ec_no = -1

D/vending ( 6666): [50] AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver.handleDownloadCompletedAction(): Got a download completed intent.

I/vending ( 6666): [50] AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver.startNextDownload(): Found Paused URI null

I/vending ( 6666): [50] AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver.startNextDownload(): No more paused downloads.

D/vending ( 6666): [50] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 5538226676857247001 / null

D/vending ( 6666): [51] AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver.installFromUri(): Calling install uri=content://downloads/download/172 src=null asset=5538226676857247001 (com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons:0) [DOWNLOADING] name=Angry Birds Seasons last=TRUE

D/vending ( 6666): [51] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 5538226676857247001 / INSTALLING

D/vending ( 6666): [51] VendingNotificationManager.showNotification(): Showing notification: [AssetID=5538226676857247001, NotificationID=1954059410, Title=Angry Birds Seasons, Message=Installing…]

I/PackageHelper( 7459): Size of container 14 MB 12688637 bytes

E/PackageHelper( 7459): Failed to create secure container smdl2tmp1

E/DefContainer( 7459): Failed to create container smdl2tmp1

D/vending ( 6666): [7] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 5538226676857247001 / INSTALL_FAILED

D/vending ( 6666): [7] VendingNotificationManager.showNotification(): Showing notification: [AssetID=5538226676857247001, NotificationID=1954059410, Title=Angry Birds Seasons, Message=Installation unsuccessful.]

I/vending ( 6666): [7] AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver$MyPackageInstallObserver.packageInstalled(): Package install from content://downloads/download/172 failed: Unknown reason -18

D/StatusBarPolicy( 149): asu = 8 ,Ec_no = -1

W/Process ( 149): Unable to open /proc/6885/status

W/KeyCharacterMap( 7398): No keyboard for id 0

W/KeyCharacterMap( 7398): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

Guest skryking

So I did some poking around on a friends EVO and it seems he has an option to turn off the front facing camera mirroring... I don't seem to find this on my streak with this version of android. Am I just blind and not seeing it or is it really missing?

Skryking

Guest justxroro

Is anyone else having trouble with random slowdowns? I know a couple have mentioned it, but not sure if they got their problems fixed. I've noticed it (I think) since 1.3... i don't remember encountering the slowdowns with 1.0-1.3, but I could be wrong. I've tried clearing the cache, factory reset through CWM, and even the stock android factory reset option and still running into random slowdowns now that I'm on 1.4.6. I tried a fresh factory reset both with/without setcpu oc and still getting the slowdowns. (sometimes when it slows down, i can lock the screen and wait a couple seconds, and it'll return good as new... but not always)

Does anyone know anything else I should try?

Guest moto_user
Is anyone else having trouble with random slowdowns? I know a couple have mentioned it, but not sure if they got their problems fixed. I've noticed it (I think) since 1.3... i don't remember encountering the slowdowns with 1.0-1.3, but I could be wrong. I've tried clearing the cache, factory reset through CWM, and even the stock android factory reset option and still running into random slowdowns now that I'm on 1.4.6. I tried a fresh factory reset both with/without setcpu oc and still getting the slowdowns. (sometimes when it slows down, i can lock the screen and wait a couple seconds, and it'll return good as new... but not always)

Had the same/similar issue, since I had task manager, it would auto kill important apps, so I removed that option, and killed apps I didn't use..this made it run faster..

Hope this helps..

Guest ClippinWings

I am definitely experiencing this.

I jumped from 1.2 - 1.4.6 so I'm not sure when it popped up... definitely did not happen in 1.2.

I have just been restarting when it happens.

Guest alert_bri

I jumped from 1.2 - 1.4.6 so I'm not sure when it popped up... definitely did not happen in 1.2.

Same here... 1.2 to 1.4.6 and I ( rarely ) get these slow downs. No biggie, but worth reporting just in case.

Cheers

Brian

Guest alert_bri

Same here... 1.2 to 1.4.6 and I ( rarely ) get these slow downs. No biggie, but worth reporting just in case.

Cheers

Brian

Guest ClippinWings

Cheers

Brian

right... Maybe once a day, twice on occasion.