StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Just tried to flash this .zip in clockwork. Threw a...

E: Error in /sdcard/.../gpsfix.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Tried to reboot after, stuck on dell logo. (left on for 15 min)

Wiped the whole system clean (Factory reset), reflash 1.4.6...booted, then ran gpsfix again (redownloaded gpsfix.zip also)

Same exact error...

:)

Is there any updated fix for this issue? I want 1.4.6 but not if the GPS doesn't work.

Thanks.

Guest symbiotix

Can't wait... You're the man. I've actually become a little obsessed with flashing this phone.... Always craving the latest Dj Steve release. We're pretty much fiends for your work.

Guest Mirrdhyn

Hello Stephen,

I am working on the Dell Streak's sources to compile it.

But, I have some errors when I boot on my update.zip

So, do you have any links or documents that helped you to build your famous ROM ?

Thank you in advance and good job again :)

Can I get some help with not having any network connection now?

I'm ATT US.

Went to 1.6 - 2.1 ok, everything worked.

I went to 2.2, and the OS is working, but I have no data now.

The apn page loads ok, and shows information.

My baseband shows gausb1a130500-US

I'm on 1.4.6

I can't figure out what's not right.

I did. I copied it exactly from the list on streakdroid, unless something listed there is incorrect.

Name: AT&T

APN: wap.cingular

Proxy: leave blank

Port: leave blank

Username:[email protected]

Password:CINGULAR1

Server: leave blank

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular

.com

MMS Port: 80

MCC:310

MNC:410

APN Type: leave blank

I think maybe my phone s**t the bed...

Went back to 1.6, and still nothing. Dell is replacing it. :\

Now I gotta decide weather or not to keep the replacement or get refunded.

haven't seen this anywhere or after a search... makes me think its just me. I'm having issues with anything finding my location via cell towers (called geolocation??). Menu >> Location and settings >> Use wireless networks Have it checked, but google maps and beautiful widgets don't like it... it something a reflash or hard reset would fix??

Edited by Kohawk

Guest mancterrier
After some great help from the guys in #dellstreak, I got updated to 1.4.6. So, thanks for that, guys!

I'm getting an issue where the touch screen goes unresponsive. Haven't narrowed down a cause, yet, but the screen suddenly just stops responding to touch inputs and the only thing that fixes it is a reboot. Anybody else having this?

Its does it here everytime I take it out of my pocket, Doesnt respond for about 5 minutes. Extremely annoying/embarrasing...

Guest SKYSCRAPER04
haven't seen this anywhere or after a search... makes me think its just me. I'm having issues with anything finding my location via cell towers (called geolocation??). Menu >> Location and settings >> Use wireless networks Have it checked, but google maps and beautiful widgets don't like it... it something a reflash or hard reset would fix??

yeah i have the same issue.i have locked 1.6 att upgraded to 2.1 then to steve 1.4.6,my gps is fine but location via cell towers dont work,,,, :) ,,,any solutions guys...

Guest Stephen Hyde
yeah i have the same issue.i have locked 1.6 att upgraded to 2.1 then to steve 1.4.6,my gps is fine but location via cell towers dont work,,,, :) ,,,any solutions guys...

Wait for later today when I most likely rel 1.5

Guest alert_bri
Nice one steve. Keep up the good work.

Yes Steve, thanks for your perseverance with Froyo - this is really important work... and hugely appreciated. I'm so impressed by your progress so far!

Cheers

Brian