Sorry, I may be leaving you

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi im sorry guys but im thinking of buying a new android phone, I will most likely be staying around to keep things updated (as my sister will have this phone) but I wont be as much of a regular as I am now

My 1st choice was to go with the san francisco and my younger sister had it for her bday and its good but im still not 100% on this one, it just doesnt feel right and as sturdy as the pulse

I want something with specs higher than the pulse, price range of up to or around £300 (Pay as you go) and perhaps a front facing camera

EDIT: just saw the motorola defy, not bad for £300, 3.7" screen, 800mhz, 512mb ram, 2gb internal storage (yes I mean internal not the microsd) and a 5 megapixel camera

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest SpankyHam

Would suck to see you go, you have made 2.2 liveable for me... (Will miss the red dragon next to your name too)

Not sure on the prices of standard phones, but somebody on here posted a link to a site where you can create your own android phone. http://synapse-phones.com/order.php

Starting price is €300 (about £250 give or take), might be a way of getting a great spec for a low price.

Guest spanner44

It will be sad to see you go, as more and more seem to be leaving and development on here has all but ended, except perhaps with John and his excellent JMod.

I must admit I have been toying with the idea of changing, perhaps to the San Fran as a half way house, until next year when I will prob upgrade to something more serious. The only thing I can't work out is whether the San Fran is that much of a step up, as besides the vibrant development community (as most seemed to have jumped ship from here), the specs look very similar or am I missing something ?

Anyway, good luck if you decide to leave.

Hi im sorry guys but im thinking of buying a new android phone, I will most likely be staying around to keep things updated (as my sister will have this phone) but I wont be as much of a regular as I am now

Boo - you packaged up CM6, which allowed me to have a play, so I owe you as much thanks as TomG and TWRock in that regard (and Starkos, BigBear, Fibblesan, etc, etc).

Would be nice if you can source a nice way of actioning recently used tasks and a T9 dialer before you go though.............

Guest Richard_Arkless

Like I said I will be staying around and I promise that I will continue development on the 2.2 rom mainly because my sister will use it as her main rom but as for day to day I will be over on the other thread that is dedicated to my phone

So people san francisco or the motorola defy

I agree that SF is not a step up from Pulse and the vibrant community will soon move on to next release as well just like Pulse is kind of deserted in less than a year's time. I know the technology will be changing rapidly but the minimum contract any operator gives is 12 months unless you want to spend '000 on PAYG.

If I were you I would buy significant step up like Desire,even Xperia etc but not SF/Blade or any thing else similar to Pulse.

Guest igor_anta
Like I said I will be staying around and I promise that I will continue development on the 2.2 rom mainly because my sister will use it as her main rom but as for day to day I will be over on the other thread that is dedicated to my phone

So people san francisco or the motorola defy

Why not wait a month and see if affordable 1Ghz phones come out. I think that's the next logical step, you're not really upgrading that much with the Defy (it's a really nice phone though:)), and definitely not with the SF. As long as it's Android you're goos anyway B)

Guest Richard_Arkless
I agree that SF is not a step up from Pulse and the vibrant community will soon move on to next release as well just like Pulse is kind of deserted in less than a year's time. I know the technology will be changing rapidly but the minimum contract any operator gives is 12 months unless you want to spend '000 on PAYG.

If I were you I would buy significant step up like Desire,even Xperia etc but not SF/Blade or any thing else similar to Pulse.

The desire looks nice but is £50 over my max price

Why not wait a month and see if affordable 1Ghz phones come out. I think that's the next logical step, you're not really upgrading that much with the Defy (it's a really nice phone though:)), and definitely not with the SF. As long as it's Android you're goos anyway B)

I want to get it for Christmas so I will have around a months wait