Stephen's kernel Problem at 128MHz [FIXED]

Guest OrionBG

Guest OrionBG

Hello

I've been using the update.zip created by smokku at XDA that installs Stepfen's kernel with some other thing to the original 2.2 ROM. I'm using SetCPU to skale the frequency from 128MHz to 1190MHz and in a call the 128MHz minimum kills the phone after 10 - 15 secs and it reboots! if I select 245MHz to 1190MHz no problem at all! Everything else works fine at 128 - 1190 range! Only the phone is affected (or atleast it is the only thing i found)

Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: The new kernel in 1.4.6 removes the 128MHz setting and the Phone is now stable!

Edited by OrionBG

Guest BigBlue007

My idea would be not to scale down to 128MHz. B)

Honestly, originally the CPU scales between 245MHz and 1GHz. While it might be smart to overclock the CPU a little bit, it doesn't seem to be very smart to underclock it. I would think the designers of the OS thought of something when they defined 245MHz as the lowest possible frequency.

Edited by BigBlue007

Hello

I've been using the update.zip created by smokku at XDA that installs Stepfen's kernel with some other thing to the original 2.2 ROM. I'm using SetCPU to skale the frequency from 128MHz to 1190MHz and in a call the 128MHz minimum kills the phone after 10 - 15 secs and it reboots! if I select 245MHz to 1190MHz no problem at all! Everything else works fine at 128 - 1190 range! Only the phone is affected (or atleast it is the only thing i found)

Anyone have any ideas?

All these things are

cpu dependent

yours dosnt like doing that freq

so dont B)

Guest OrionBG
All these things are

cpu dependent

yours dosnt like doing that freq

so dont B)

This is what I did! made my scaling 245 to 1190

But the interesting thing is that in any other given moment 128 works! Only in calls i get lockups!

I liked it because at 128 - 1190 I lost only 20% battery for a full day but it seems I'll stick to 245 for now

Guest Stephen Hyde

128 may not be able to scale up fast enough (it has to jump pll timers to scale to 245) for phone to cope with - calls are more timing critical than anything else

Guest OrionBG
128 may not be able to scale up fast enough (it has to jump pll timers to scale to 245) for phone to cope with - calls are more timing critical than anything else

Is there any possibility to create a profile that will keep the frequency to min 245MHz only during calls? I know that there is No such profile option in SetCPU but can this be made somehow?

Guest synaptic.flaws
Is there any possibility to create a profile that will keep the frequency to min 245MHz only during calls? I know that there is No such profile option in SetCPU but can this be made somehow?

In linux you could change the "nice" of the application there might be an android equivalent? ?

Guest pompeyboyz

I spotted this last night and today where I made a call and the phone rebooted and then I have just treid to make another and the phone has frozen.

have to up to 245mhz minimum I think B)

Guest OrionBG
I spotted this last night and today where I made a call and the phone rebooted and then I have just treid to make another and the phone has frozen.

have to up to 245mhz minimum I think B)

Yes, This will fix it!

Guest noeyesee1
which build of steve's are you using. steve's latest is 1.4.6, he disabled the 128 clock, and enabled the 1.19

I am not sure the kernel verion of the smoku patch, in that case I try to flash the 1.4.6 boot image separate to see if any change . Thanks

Edited by noeyesee1