Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest newbe5
Try using the elastic strap - unbutton it and rebutton on the other button. Don't worry, you aint the first not to notice this...

Yea Elastic was another option :D I think I'm going to give it a shot, as I do really like the case, even though it was kinda overpriced (although got it for £20 as part of the bundle). Just need to find someone with a popper fastening tool :P Think my Mum has one B)

Yea Elastic was another option :D I think I'm going to give it a shot, as I do really like the case, even though it was kinda overpriced (although got it for £20 as part of the bundle). Just need to find someone with a popper fastening tool :P Think my Mum has one B)

Sorry, prob not best explained my end. The vega case does this out of the box. The elastic strap has a popper on it, which can be removed and attached to the other one already on the case. There's pictures on how to do it elsewhere in this forum.

Guest gingercat
When I bought my Vega, I also got it bundled with the Folio Case from Currys. Now, while this case works as a stand perfectly in most situations, you need to have something behind it to stop it from falling flat. So I've come up with a simple but easy idea to solve this issue.

There is a tab with a popper on it that is used to keep the case shut when you are carrying it around, but the tab itself is only about two inches long, and so doesn't create enough of a triangle to keep the pad upright during use. So, the idea is to get a short piece of material, about 3 or 4 inches, could be leather, or hessian even, and put an identical sized popper on either end of it, and use it to bridge the gap between the tab and the front of the case.

The case is really great though, fits perfectly, has a hole for the camera, and gaps in all the right places for the connectors etc, so I think I am going to try this. I wil post images if it works out :D

newbe5

This case has an extra, longer strap that you're supposed to use for "stand mode". The strap is inside the case just above the pouch.

Guest Bobbler

Here's the results of my carbon skinning:

carbon.jpg

First sheet went a bit wrong as I melted a corner with a little too much heat from my heat gun. Only way to get proper neat corners is with a little heat and stretching it IMO.

Would also recommend spending a quid more on the proper 3M Di-Noc as the stuff I got from the link earlier is more like a traditional vinyl to apply - a bit sticky and more prone to bubbling whereas the 3M stuff goes on a LOT easier.

All tucked in nicely just inside the shell too so not going to come loose or catch on anything, just have to trim a little extra to prevent snagging the sockets like the headphone and the SD slot but it's come out really nice and looks like it's made for the job.

Makes me far more happy about just laying it on the desk now without marking the original casing.

Edited by Bobbler

Guest brutus66
Hello,

I just posted on the other thread. I'm part of the accessory team for Vega at DSG.

We have setup a code for the case so you can get £10 off. Use ADVENT10 at the checkout. There is also a code for £3 off the Screen protector. Use PROTECT3 at the checkout.

We are trying to support the community as best we can. Keep an eye on #adventvega for more information or I can reply here.

Case Link - http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/proporta-adve...764476-pdt.html

ADVENT10 not working

Guest zzleezz
Here's the results of my carbon skinning:

carbon.jpg

First sheet went a bit wrong as I melted a corner with a little too much heat from my heat gun. Only way to get proper neat corners is with a little heat and stretching it IMO.

Would also recommend spending a quid more on the proper 3M Di-Noc as the stuff I got from the link earlier is more like a traditional vinyl to apply - a bit sticky and more prone to bubbling whereas the 3M stuff goes on a LOT easier.

All tucked in nicely just inside the shell too so not going to come loose or catch on anything, just have to trim a little extra to prevent snagging the sockets like the headphone and the SD slot but it's come out really nice and looks like it's made for the job.

Makes me far more happy about just laying it on the desk now without marking the original casing.

Got mine delivered by postman today, just got to the door as he was trying to force it through my letterbox :-P

Took a good hour to get it on right, cutting around all the clips on the inside of the case took a while. Looks fantastic. Will take some pics later and post here.

Did notice a few light scratches on the back of my case when cleaning it so really glad I've got this on now.

Guest extrememonkey
Ok, took a few pics. All the ones with flash made it look really grubby and dusty so had to use the steady hand non flash pic. Little blurry but shows more closely what it actually looks like.

Vega Carbonised

Looks really good!!! Any chance of some more pics, close up of the corners, the speakers etc perhaps to see how it looks....

How easy is it to do this? and if you heat the corners and stretch for a neat finish does it look strange at all???

Guest zzleezz

Bobbler gets all the credit. Was his find.

Need to take some better pics in sunlight, didn't get time to do it today but will try to get some up tomorrow.

Not only does it look great but its much nicer to hold too, the texture gives it a little more grip.

Have noticed a couple of small bubbles but they are only visible at exactly the right angle and if you are really looking for them. Like Bobbler said the proper 3M stuff is better quality than this and easier to fit. This wasn't really hard but was a little fiddly. Didn't use a heat gun, used a hairdryer as its pretty thin and my heatgun is a bit hot for plastic. Hairdryer worked fine and corners went on fine, would probably like another go now I've done it to make them even smoother but not enough to want to actually take this off and start again :-)

Guest debs626
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APPLE-IPAD-PAD-TABLE...=item1e60beda1b

Just purchased this stand and receivee today it works sn absolite treat and the viewing angle is great

This is a stand for your vega I'm using it right now will post a pic soon

I got these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-2-X-ADJUSTABLE-P...=item45f6e5eff4

2 in a pack, they look just as good a the one you got but these are adjustable and a fraction of the price :D

I got these

2 in a pack, they look just as good a the one you got but these are adjustable and a fraction of the price :D

Good one Debs - plate stands lol, I could just ask my mum as she has shed loads of these but for £1.60 for 2 you cant go wrong, those other ones for £4 just look like someones bought a load of plate stands and are flogging them on as tablet stands - Hmm think there's money to be made there!

wow, this carbonized tablet looks really nice and protected.

I wasn't sure that the carbonized pattern was the look I wanted to have in my tablet, so I did a bit of googling and found this: 3M™ Scotchcal™ tape, which is the same as the carbon vinyl , but a bit thinner and has different color options.

Official page here --> http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal/3M/en...d=1258559550991

Here in Spain can be easily found in any car tunning store, so I assume won't be too difficult to find in UK or Ebay.

Hope it helps.

wow, this carbonized tablet looks really nice and protected.

I wasn't sure that the carbonized pattern was the look I wanted to have in my tablet, so I did a bit of googling and found this: 3M™ Scotchcal™ tape, which is the same as the carbon vinyl , but a bit thinner and has different color options.

Official page here --> http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal/3M/en...d=1258559550991

Here in Spain can be easily found in any car tunning store, so I assume won't be too difficult to find in UK or Ebay.

Hope it helps.

this is my solution until, I can get hold of a gel case. It's really to stop the back getting scratched. Just sticky back plastic that cost me 79p for a 2metre roll from home bargains lol

P1000113a.jpg

Edited by Higgsy

Ok, took a few pics. All the ones with flash made it look really grubby and dusty so had to use the steady hand non flash pic. Little blurry but shows more closely what it actually looks like.

Vega Carbonised

thats looks mint mate, I might get some of that 3m stuff, however, I'm still holding out for a TPU Gel case!

Guest princeotter
I got these

I agree with Debs - those plate stands are excellent value @ 65p each. Good for viewing and as a digital picture frame (apart from cr*p viewing angle of Vega screen of course) but not so great for actually working on Vega. Still looking for something cheap and suitable for about a 10-15 degree angle (bit like those stands that Best Buys & Currys use to display the Ipads on).

Edited by princeotter

Guest princeotter

Oh by the way Tescos are doing the Technika 10.2" netbook sleeve for £7.92 (well in our local one anyway). Ideal for the Vega as a slip case. Nicely padded inside

Guest jellywobbles
I got these

Can you post some pics with the Vega sat in the stand?

They look too good to be true! Nice find :P

EDIT: After further investigation don't bother.

Edited by jellywobbles

Guest zzleezz
Oh by the way Tescos are doing the Technika 10.2" netbook sleeve for £7.92 (well in our local one anyway). Ideal for the Vega as a slip case. Nicely padded inside

I have one of these. Its ok, but the Vega only just squeezes inside, worry about the zip scratching the edge. Also if it was dropped on its end there would be no protection there.