Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

I have the official one from Currys - can't recommend it though. Arrived with a damaged spine, looked like it had been crushed. Tried to get a return sorted but just ended up being a total hassle and it hardly seemed worth it as despite the damage, it still did the job. Gave up trying to return it in the end. (I was returning a Vega as well and at the time I was more concerned about getting the Vega back)

Couple of days ago the little strip of fabric that you need to hold it in place while it's acting as a stand snapped off meaning that now I can no longer use the case as a stand either. I know I could probably return it but it's just such as hassle it hardly seems worth it.

Only had light use really. Been out of the house a couple of occasions but aside from that it's been mostly in stand position on my desk. Certainly expected it to have lasted longer than a month or so for £30 (although I used the discount code so only paid £20)

Is there a real alternative yet? Think I'll end up with a separate stand and case if not...

Guest Lennyuk
I have the official one from Currys - can't recommend it though. Arrived with a damaged spine, looked like it had been crushed. Tried to get a return sorted but just ended up being a total hassle and it hardly seemed worth it as despite the damage, it still did the job. Gave up trying to return it in the end. (I was returning a Vega as well and at the time I was more concerned about getting the Vega back)

Couple of days ago the little strip of fabric that you need to hold it in place while it's acting as a stand snapped off meaning that now I can no longer use the case as a stand either. I know I could probably return it but it's just such as hassle it hardly seems worth it.

Only had light use really. Been out of the house a couple of occasions but aside from that it's been mostly in stand position on my desk. Certainly expected it to have lasted longer than a month or so for £30 (although I used the discount code so only paid £20)

Is there a real alternative yet? Think I'll end up with a separate stand and case if not...

sounds like you had a terrible experince, got my official one from pc world its been great no problems at all vega has only been out the case once since the day I got it.

Guest PurpleRob
Our online team have confirmed that the codes are active again. Thanks for your continued support of the Vega. Docks have been ordered and will be online soon.

Protect3

Advent10

Both codes I can confirm are working again.

Guest SmAShYalt
Our online team have confirmed that the codes are active again. Thanks for your continued support of the Vega. Docks have been ordered and will be online soon.

Protect3

Advent10

How much do the 2 codes give you off please?

Edit: These codes don't seem to work on the PC World website? Should they?

Edited by SmAShYalt

Guest PurpleRob
How much do the 2 codes give you off please?

Edit: These codes don't seem to work on the PC World website? Should they?

Advent10 - 10 pounds off

Protect3 - 5 pounds off

Use the codes to buy the case and protector separately in 2 orders and you get 15 quid off.

Guest SmAShYalt
Advent10 - 10 pounds off

Protect3 - 5 pounds off

Use the codes to buy the case and protector separately in 2 orders and you get 15 quid off.

Tried that but the codes won't work on PC World's website. It is saying 'This promotional code is not valid'. Perhaps they ony work on Currys or Dixons.....?

Guest PurpleRob
Tried that but the codes won't work on PC World's website. It is saying 'This promotional code is not valid'. Perhaps they ony work on Currys or Dixons.....?

Probably as I did order it through Curry's, try that site instead.

Guest SmAShYalt
Probably as I did order it through Curry's, try that site instead.

Bah well that would be annoying as I already have a PC World account. Could the guy from Advent/Currys please confirm?

Guest MonkeyBoy451
I have made th problem known to the online team. Should be working shortly.

Advent Vega dock will be £29.99. No codes for that though I'm afraid!

Thats good news on the price for the dock - when will it be going up on the PCWorld site for sale? :lol:

Guest extrememonkey

I know I'm being stupid - sorry but that's just how I role unfortunately.....

But where on earth do you enter the discount codes??? I've gone as far Currys site asking for my credit card details but didn't wantt to carry on just incase I missed it... Started again, but still couldn't see anywhere to enter the codes, do I enter payment card details and then find somewhere to enter the codes or am I missing it somewhere???

Guest SmAShYalt
I know I'm being stupid - sorry but that's just how I role unfortunately.....

But where on earth do you enter the discount codes??? I've gone as far Currys site asking for my credit card details but didn't wantt to carry on just incase I missed it... Started again, but still couldn't see anywhere to enter the codes, do I enter payment card details and then find somewhere to enter the codes or am I missing it somewhere???

Should be on the left when viewing your basket after having logged in.

Guest Sanddancer75

Nice. Will we be getting a software update to use it?

Guest Bobbler
Here's the results of my carbon skinning:

carbon.jpg

So I thought I would try out one of the other colours. In this case white carbon ;)

whitecarbon.JPG

whitecarbonside.JPG

Still thinking about how to cover up the screw black backs, may have to dab a little white nail varnish on them or a bit of paint

Flew on there with very little to no bubbles at all now I got the hang of it.

Got a sheet of silver carbon too for another day, and for some reason the guy chucked another sheet of black in the envelope for me which was nice of him

And for those interested in doing this but worried about damage/glue, the old sheet came off very very clean too. Tiny bit of glue where it had been warmed around the screws. This is a picture after just a bit of kitchen roll and a spray of window cleaner.

cleaned.JPG

Edited by Bobbler

Bugger! ;)

just ordered my Vega + Case + Screen protector from Currys on Weds using the 5OFF code...If I had waited a few hours I would have got the other 2 codes too. Oh well.

Anyway, they all turned up this morning, screen protector is on, went on without any issues and all the bubbles pushed out straight away. Looks really good.

The case seems ok. If in a few weeks it's started falling apart as people say, I'll take it back.

Feeta ;)

Guest SmAShYalt

Still no luck using the codes on PC World's website ;)

Guest Dirk Weggeman

I'm sure this has been covered a bit in this topic, but is there someone who can tell me if the case for the toshiba folio fits the advent vega or not.

I really want to have a case like that, but the official one for the advent is not available in holland an neither is the one for the POV...

I know that there has been one post that says it fits great, but i'm curious about if the usb en power port are open and if it is a perfect fit ot not, would just like some more info from people who have this combination.

anyone have any experience with this?

Edited by Dirk Weggeman