Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest Bobbler
@ Bobbler

you should pimp out your services m8! I would pay good money to have that done for me.....its probably fairly straight forward, but knowing how clumsy i am i would mess it up big time

If I could get a spare back plate then I would start doing it mate, I just worry about messing one up or having one broke in transit as you would then be really stuck.

Guest chockimon
If I could get a spare back plate then I would start doing it mate, I just worry about messing one up or having one broke in transit as you would then be really stuck.

Hello, I skimmed most of the pages, so I don't know if someone has mentioned it, but are the Android keyboard/covers available on Ebay compatible with the Advent Vega? Look quite nice and similar in size. Also comes with a free stylus and some of them also come with a free screen protector and the price isn't bad either. £18. :P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-2-Android-2-1-Tab...=item4cf4ead350

Hello, I skimmed most of the pages, so I don't know if someone has mentioned it, but are the Android keyboard/covers available on Ebay compatible with the Advent Vega? Look quite nice and similar in size. Also comes with a free stylus and some of them also come with a free screen protector and the price isn't bad either. £18. :D

Hi, it does work well, I'm writing this using one. Only problem is that the clamp on the right side is exactly where the port cover is, so either fix it with a little DIY (cut off half of it) or slide the vega up about 1cm to be able to use the USB. Overall it's nice to use, feels like a netbook, but it is a bit bulky, about an inch thick.

And one more thing, when I tap into a text field I cannot disable the soft keyboard to pop up, have to press Esc. Huge problem :P

Guest BigGregor

Hi guys, just wanted to chip in to say I got bored waiting for covers or sleeveS. I was getting worried that my screen would get scratched in my bag. I comissioned my mum to knit a sleeve for it :P

It fits perfectly and does exactly what i need it to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MarioUK
Hi, it does work well, I'm writing this using one. Only problem is that the clamp on the right side is exactly where the port cover is, so either fix it with a little DIY (cut off half of it) or slide the vega up about 1cm to be able to use the USB. Overall it's nice to use, feels like a netbook, but it is a bit bulky, about an inch thick.

And one more thing, when I tap into a text field I cannot disable the soft keyboard to pop up, have to press Esc. Huge problem :huh:

Hi,

To avoid the soft keyboard from appearing, go to Menu > Settings > Language & Keyboard

And un-tick any keyboards from there. So in my case I un-ticked "Android keyboard" and "Thumb Keyboard".

This should stop any soft keyboards appearing.

Mario

Guest stevesilk51
Hello, I skimmed most of the pages, so I don't know if someone has mentioned it, but are the Android keyboard/covers available on Ebay compatible with the Advent Vega? Look quite nice and similar in size. Also comes with a free stylus and some of them also come with a free screen protector and the price isn't bad either. £18. :)

I've got one of those. Problem is you have to bend right hand clamp out of the way to access usb door. I did this and all was ok until I moved about and the Vega slipped out the side, ripped the usb cable from the keyboard right out, it's so flimsy. Now defunked!

Probably I'm just plain awkward but build level low IMHO :huh:

Edited by stevesilk51

Guest tomolewis

Anybody got a really snug fitting neoprene case for there Vega?

Had my official case for a week or so but don't like it...... the stitching is coming away and its got loose so the Vega can slide out of it.

Guest Nemes1s

Had my official case for a week or so but don't like it...... the stitching is coming away and its got loose so the Vega can slide out of it.

My official case fell apart within a month too. I don't think they stand up to hard use very well at all. My missus got me a neoprene case from somewhere but it's partially pink!! Very good fit though. I can find out where from if you like. They may do different colours :huh:

Guest tomolewis
My official case fell apart within a month too. I don't think they stand up to hard use very well at all. My missus got me a neoprene case from somewhere but it's partially pink!! Very good fit though. I can find out where from if you like. They may do different colors :)

If you could that would be excellent :huh:

Guest gorman81
I've got one of those. Problem is you have to bend right hand clamp out of the way to access usb door. I did this and all was ok until I moved about and the Vega slipped out the side, ripped the usb cable from the keyboard right out, it's so flimsy. Now defunked!

Probably I'm just plain awkward but build level low IMHO :(

Hi

i have one of these cases also - Do Not bend the clamp out of the way, use a small hacksaw and cut the clamp - the vega is then still held securely and you can access the usb port.

Cheers

Guest davethechamp

Any news on if the Discount codes for the Advent folio case are ment to be working??

I tried the codes on PC World web site and they didn't work! Any ideas?

Cheers :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kampo

I just registered to this forum. I bought vega tablet from ebay and i am waiting for it. I have a question and i don't know where to ask for. In modaco accessories i click vega tablet and under power accessories i found this ==> USB TurboCharger 5000 - External Battery Pack & Emergency charger. Is this compatible with with Vega? I found the same in ebay

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-External-battery-c...=item4cf5cb1da8

Thanks

Guest vegaaccs

Hi there, we worked with Proporta on the Proporta 10" Tablet Sleeve which we stock instore and online. We tested it for fit with the Advent Vega and the Toshiba Folio prior to launch. IT should be a nice snug fit for your Vega at a good price.

Guest cjtkd
Hi there, we worked with Proporta on the Proporta 10" Tablet Sleeve which we stock instore and online. We tested it for fit with the Advent Vega and the Toshiba Folio prior to launch. IT should be a nice snug fit for your Vega at a good price.

Its WAY too tight to go ramming your brand new Vega into. I took the case back as it was way too tight.

Guest kampo

Hi this is my case (sock) i bought it from ebay for my netbook before a year i can't find something similar if anyone know where i can find more color or the same pm me. This is the best case from me i thing i bought 2 from china and are in the garbage now

post-853479-1300915194_thumb.jpg

post-853479-1300915206_thumb.jpg

post-853479-1300915220_thumb.jpg

post-853479-1300915238_thumb.jpg

post-853479-1300915262_thumb.jpg

Edited by kampo

Guest Affableaardvark

I have just received a case from Ebay and it fits the Vega very well. Camera lens is covered though I will probably modify though do not use it very much

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-2-Flytouch2-ZT-18...=item336540f308

Picture attached.

10.2" Flytouch2,ZT-180 Android epad Tablet PC Soft Leather Case

Price £ 12.95

Product Desription

This is high quality Soft artifial leather Cover/Case which provides protection from scratches and bumps . Moreover it is easy to place inside a bag or carry alone. Especially designed for Flytouch2, Superpad,10.2" ZT-180 tablet PC or another compatible device.

Designed with a stand to prop up your ePad while you watch movies, read e-books or watch presentations!

Cut outs allow access to Charge Port and Speakers, Headphones Jack and Volume can be accessed while in case.

Compatible With: 10.2 inch Flytouh2, ZT-180 Android ePad Tablet PC or with similar shape and size Tablet PC

Color: Black

Package Contents:

· 1 x PU Leather Case (10.2" Tablet PC not included)

· 1x Screen Protective film for 10” Tablet PC £ 4.95 Free Gift

All products and contents are fully checked before despatched.

PLEASE REMEMBER/NOTE,THIS IS NOT PURE LEATHER CASE.THIS IS HIGH QUALITY PU SOFT LEATHER CASE

post-853134-1300985080_thumb.jpg

Edited by Affableaardvark