Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest aj2703

Right i got my case from here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The case itself looks very good, it goes beautifuly with the vega. However and I'd be lying if i said it was a snug fit.

Pic1-1.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

In the above pic i put the vega in an upright position right side down and this is the result. It slid out really easily.

The holders on the case do the job, but there are none on the right side, so if you do the case up and lift the case up length ways right side down the vega would slide right out and the first you'd probably know about it is when it hit the floor. However i think a small strip of velcro on the back of the tablet and the case should hopefully do the trick.

The second thing is the stylus which is a bonus in that it comes with it, but tapping on the screen didn't seem to have any effect. I probably could have pressed harder but i got the feeling that if i did it too hard i may have scratched the screen so i never bothered and put it back.

The third problem and this may be me being a noob, but the keyboard does not work. I put this in usb host mode and the vega re-booted. However i brought a webpage up, clicked on the search bar and tapped the keys but no joy.

All in all the case really does look lovely. If i can get the keyboard issue solved along with a strip of velcro, the purchase for £19 will be well worth it.

I should point out that delivery from Hong Kong was 9 days so that was pretty rapid.

If you guys could help with the keyboard issue i would really appreciate it.

Edited by aj2703

Guest Snowdan

The second thing is the stylus which is a bonus in that it comes with it, but tapping on the screen didn't seem to have any effect. I probably could have pressed harder but i got the feeling that if i did it too hard i may have scratched the screen so i never bothered and put it back.

The third problem and this may be me being a noob, but the keyboard does not work. I put this in usb host mode and the vega re-booted. However i brought a webpage up, clicked on the search bar and tapped the keys but no joy.

All in all the case really does look lovely. If i can get the keyboard issue solved along with a strip of velcro, the purchase for £19 will be well worth it.

I should point out that delivery from Hong Kong was 9 days so that was pretty rapid.

If you guys could help with the keyboard issue i would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the review and pics aj2703. I would hazard a guess the stylus is designed for a resistive screen and wont work on your capacitive screen probably a cheap freebie to add and some of the cheaper tablets that fit this type of case are resistive. I have a capacitive one and tbh they seem to be a waste of time, your not missing out.

Can you post what rom your using I guess MoDaCo by the "put this in usb host mode and the vega rebooted" but worth checking what version number and if you have changed the kernel or made any other mods? Did you boot with the keyboard plugged in? Have you checked the keyboard works if plugged into a PC? just to make sure its not at fault.

Snowdan.

Guest aj2703
Thanks for the review and pics aj2703. I would hazard a guess the stylus is designed for a resistive screen and wont work on your capacitive screen probably a cheap freebie to add and some of the cheaper tablets that fit this type of case are resistive. I have a capacitive one and tbh they seem to be a waste of time, your not missing out.

Can you post what rom your using I guess MoDaCo by the "put this in usb host mode and the vega rebooted" but worth checking what version number and if you have changed the kernel or made any other mods? Did you boot with the keyboard plugged in? Have you checked the keyboard works if plugged into a PC? just to make sure its not at fault.

Snowdan.

Hi

Yes i am on the R8 rom. I have just tried the keyboard in the pc and it works fine.

Guest shadow wave

Just saw an iPad stand in poundland. Not certain it would be a perfect fit but it looks like any other tablet stand.

It is adjustable so we could get the angle right.

Guest BadDroid
Agreed about the stock protection film, very matt and horrible to use. The Exim one is much better.

Love the diy stand but I do recommend the dock for the vega. Very useful and have used it like a laptop with a keyboard and mouse and have some portable speakers in it which are usb powered from usb too.

I got the screen protector when I bought my vega and took it off the next day, It bubbled a lot and the feel of it was awful. Very rough :/

Guest BadDroid
Wow how stupid do i feel .... :unsure: thanks guys!

I did that as well when I got it and though "well this is a bit crap isn't it" Much better the proper way lol

Guest lonelycode
Hi guys, some great feedback from you on the case. Considering the speed at which it was turned around, we are really happy with it. The neoprene case is imminent and we have another non-Proporta case on the way. See the images below for the first sample. As you can see it has a typing mode, but won't stand up at a higher angle in landscape. There is a flap to hold the device more securely but no internal pocket. There's an elastic strap which holds the folio closed and aids grip if you use the Vega vertically. Also, it has a nice Advent logo stamp into the front. Let me know what you think.

Hi there,

Just ordered a folio case but noticed PC World has a Advent AVTABC10 case listed, but there are no pictures, if it is the one shown in your post I'd buy it as the typing angle feature is exactly what I'm after?

Thanks,

Martin

P.s. love the tablet :P

Guest agamston
Here are some pics which hopefully make it clearer!

M.

I hope the quote above shows properly.

Anyway...Can anyone please send me a link to purchase this case or where I can find it?

It seems different to the one on the currys/pc world websites and seems like real leather. Its exactly what iv been looking for for the past few months

Any help would be greatly appreciated :P

edit: I'v attached the photo this time

post-824810-1306411821_thumb.jpg

Edited by agamston

Guest MarkBR
I hope the quote above shows properly.

Anyway...Can anyone please send me a link to purchase this case or where I can find it?

It seems different to the one on the currys/pc world websites and seems like real leather. Its exactly what iv been looking for for the past few months

Any help would be greatly appreciated :P

edit: I'v attached the photo this time

Yes. that's my case and my pic!

I bought it on Ebay for £20, didn't realise that it was a newer design (the old one seems to cause problems with the Vega falling out of the side). This isn't real leather, but certainly looks like it. I presume this is the current stock from Dixons, but obviously can't be sure. Can you not buy it in person at PC World and so check it out first?

M.

Guest agamston
Yes. that's my case and my pic!

I bought it on Ebay for £20, didn't realise that it was a newer design (the old one seems to cause problems with the Vega falling out of the side). This isn't real leather, but certainly looks like it. I presume this is the current stock from Dixons, but obviously can't be sure. Can you not buy it in person at PC World and so check it out first?

M.

So is this an official case but a newer version? I've been into my local pc worlds etc and they all have the old rubbish ones LOL. Yours looks more classy

Edit: any chance that you can say who the eBay seller was or post a link to it. I really want your case lol

Edited by agamston

Guest Algie
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...T#ht_500wt_1156

But I think it was a one off. have to agree that I like this case: feels good, works well.

Good luck finding one!

M.

Bought one of these from Currys Manchester last week.

Made from pretend leather. Don't know how long the spine is going to last. Looks a bit ropey already.

Fit is good though. Vega won't fall out. If it was leather it would be perfect.

Also- it smells funny.

Guest mclanecxantia

Hi,

i am from germany and i am searching for a CASE and a docking station solution for my advent vega tablet.

we all know that the viewing angle of the vega is very limited. so IMO it does not make much sense to buy the official docking station sold via currys etc. because the viewing angle there is FIXED and wrong.

also you cannot change the viewing angle with this official docking station.

i am maybe also looking for a solution with integrated keyboard for the docking station at home, so i can use the tablet pc for longer typing sessions.

all this is difficult to get, one reason is, we can't buy the official stuff from currys/dixons/pc-world because these companies do not send to foreign countries and do not allow credit cards not registered in UK.

has any of you an idea, a solution or an accessorie that fits my wishes ?

Guest simon77
Hi,

i am from germany and i am searching for a CASE and a docking station solution for my advent vega tablet.

has any of you an idea, a solution or an accessorie that fits my wishes ?

Perhaps one of these from ebay.

Changes to the viewing angle are limited tho.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, wondering what screen protector out of the few you recommend? i think the screen is waaaay to reflective and kind of hurts my eyes trying to view it, am not even outdoors with full brightness on. Thanks.

Guest G0OSE

Hey guys, wondering what screen protector out of the few you recommend? i think the screen is waaaay to reflective and kind of hurts my eyes trying to view it, am not even outdoors with full brightness on. Thanks.

I would strongly recommend one of these ebay . I bought these and they are superb. They do 2 sorts too, regular and anti glare (I got the regular ones) Completely bubble free and you would not even know it's on there.This company actually make them too and are very helpful.

Edited by G0OSE

Thanks goose, those are the ones I was eyeing up but not many good reviews that I can see specifcally for the advent vega. Have emailed a guy who bought one and left feedback for the advent vega anti-reflective screen protector for his opinion on it, noticed the comment about having to use a hole punch for the camera hole.

Guest G0OSE

Thanks goose, those are the ones I was eyeing up but not many good reviews that I can see specifcally for the advent vega. Have emailed a guy who bought one and left feedback for the advent vega anti-reflective screen protector for his opinion on it, noticed the comment about having to use a hole punch for the camera hole.

Well at first they sent me one which was 1mm too long, I complained and they said they'd custom make one for me and send it... a month went by, no protector!

I put in a claim on ebay and got my money back...the next day it arrivred lol! It fits perfectly, there is no hole for the camera though, but that's no biggie for me as I don't use it ever! the protector looks just like glass when applied.

I emailed the seller back after this and repayed him the money saying i wasn't a 'crook' he replied and said he was amazed at my honesty and gave me a code for a lifetime 30% off anything he sells!

Just shows it pays to be honest!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest William.B.Chunks

Guys,

Any ideas if the viewsonic g tablet docking station works with the vega?

Looks similar and has a network port. I'm after a dock with a network port if possible. I don't have wireless in the office and would be good to have a hardwired connection.

Thanks