Warning, White Dell Streak is DIFFERENT

Guest topshelf95

Guest maxasefi

SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME, DID YOU FIX IT ? CAN YOU HELP ME WITH IT ?

THANKS

Ok... started along this process (because nothing has been working for me, per my last post: My Post). Got the Qualcomm drivers installed - piece of cake. I think whats tripping me up is the adb drivers for some reason.

End of the log where I error out:

Wait for ADB device .........
ERROR[D2]: wait ADB fastboot mode timeout!
Please check that device is exist and driver is properly installed.
Download Fail! - 2010/12/01 20:27:10
Elapsed Time: 42.58 sec[/codebox]

I don't really understand why. When I get the error above, my streak is showing in FASTBOOT_MODE. Am I missing an ADB driver? I have the "Android Bootloader Interface" under android devices in device manager installed (FWIW, i tried a couple of the other 'Android Bootloader XXX' i saw mentioned in other posts, still no go). Any ideas what I'm missing here? I really want some 'swappable goodness', but my streak seems to be thinking otherwise.. Am I really this stupid and missing something thats right in front of me? I don't want to just randomly start flashing, and through my hours of trying to get 2.2 many other times, I have still successfully managed not to get stuck (on anything other than 6601!). Again, any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

my dell streak is being recognized as USB human interface device and it won't let me install the right drivers...any help?

Just a thought - maybe trying switching to a different USB port. I've found that has worked in some instances. If that doesnt do it, uninstall that USB Human interface driver, it should reinstall/re-recognize the device and hopefully let you apply the correct driver to it.

THANKS

Nope, not fixed - still hoping for some suggestions ;) But like I said, at least i'm not stuck in a boot loop... just patiently waiting for the ATT 2.2 at this point. Then hopefully I can make the jump to one of steves builds.

Edited by Kohawk

THANKS

Ok... have a hunch... read this guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=776883

Section 5: Android Debug Bridge This is the only thing I can think of that we may not have installed (can't say I 100% remember doing this in the past). My 'theory' is I'm confusing 'Fastboot' with 'ADB'. It appears they are different (noob mistake i guess ;) ). Hopefully this is the piece I've been over looking.

I'm going to try, but about to go out so it may not happen til tomorrow.

Yup, that guide was awesome. I installed the "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9002" piece of cake thanks to that. After following the guide word for word it starts running, then makes the phone reboot, thats when it 'looks for adb device' after about 20 seconds in. Thats when I see fastboot pop up and then it times out per that error message above. I assume I have the right adb driver installed because fastbook connects just fine, but in the tool, it hangs up on the adb portion, thus I think its an adb driver issue. The driver needed for the tool is installed correctly and it behaves like the vid shows it should... except for that error ;)

this is what I cannot get to work, what you mean replace, as in pull the battery and put it in back in or not? when I do the above windows just install some random usb drivers

Guest maxasefi

You have to install the right drivers for the fastboot mode .... keep 9200 .... but the other driver, install from qdltool driver_android ... there is another driver you have to install there .... i have mine working .... dj_steve helped me

Ok... have a hunch... read this guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=776883

Section 5: Android Debug Bridge This is the only thing I can think of that we may not have installed (can't say I 100% remember doing this in the past). My 'theory' is I'm confusing 'Fastboot' with 'ADB'. It appears they are different (noob mistake i guess ;) ). Hopefully this is the piece I've been over looking.

I'm going to try, but about to go out so it may not happen til tomorrow.

You have to install the right drivers for the fastboot mode .... keep 9200 .... but the other driver, install from qdltool driver_android ... there is another driver you have to install there .... i have mine working .... dj_steve helped me

well I made some progress. windows 7 64 will force to install a human interface device when you connect your dell streak by powering up using the volume up button. I have to disable automatic driver installation of windows and here is how:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/...-windows-vista/

after I done that, I uninstall all my usb devices and reconnect the streak now I have a qualcomm CDMA device that needs drivers. Two things left to do still:

1) I lost my mouse and only have the keyboard to navigate (no big deal)

2) windows won't let me install any of the qcser.inf drivers. It says that the folder does not contain a compatible software driver

Guest maxasefi

go in Driver_Android_V0P3 and there should be a driver that your computer will take .... try them all .... it will work ..

well I made some progress. windows 7 64 will force to install a human interface device when you connect your dell streak by powering up using the volume up button. I have to disable automatic driver installation of windows and here is how:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/...-windows-vista/

after I done that, I uninstall all my usb devices and reconnect the streak now I have a qualcomm CDMA device that needs drivers. Two things left to do still:

1) I lost my mouse and only have the keyboard to navigate (no big deal)

2) windows won't let me install any of the qcser.inf drivers. It says that the folder does not contain a compatible software driver

go in Driver_Android_V0P3 and there should be a driver that your computer will take .... try them all .... it will work ..

those are the ADB drivers for fastboot and I have those properly installed. I need the drivers for the qualcoom modem when starting the dell using the volume/power button. W7 won't let me install it even in test mode

Edited by gzinga

Guest gordata

Is there a how-to in the works for this or a sticky with everything needed in one place, really want to get a white over any of the other ones. The white is calling me, lol

Guest nickshertzer
Yup, that guide was awesome. I installed the "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9002" piece of cake thanks to that. After following the guide word for word it starts running, then makes the phone reboot, thats when it 'looks for adb device' after about 20 seconds in. Thats when I see fastboot pop up and then it times out per that error message above. I assume I have the right adb driver installed because fastbook connects just fine, but in the tool, it hangs up on the adb portion, thus I think its an adb driver issue. The driver needed for the tool is installed correctly and it behaves like the vid shows it should... except for that error ;)

I have read that sometimes you have to switch the USB port you are using on your computer for it to begin using the updated driver. Have you tried that?

What OS are you running? Here is a good step by step written up for 64bit Windows and the White Streak:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=7

And if none of that works, you should hop on the IRC channel and see if someone will get you in a private chat to help.

I have read that sometimes you have to switch the USB port you are using on your computer for it to begin using the updated driver. Have you tried that?

What OS are you running? Here is a good step by step written up for 64bit Windows and the White Streak:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=7

And if none of that works, you should hop on the IRC channel and see if someone will get you in a private chat to help.

Thanks, but actually got it working last night :P It was my adb drivers - had to uninstall what I had then reinstall using the "android_winusb.inf" in the directory:

"repairtool\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\Driv er\Driver_Android_V0P3\Win7". After that, about 180 seconds later it was done, and booted to official 2.2. I then flashed clockwork and was on my way to 1.4.6 :P

Thanks to Steve on the IRC channel, got that figured out. Absolutely love this, its like a whole new phone. My fiancé mentioned I need to be on 'True Life: I'm addicted to technology'... they just dont understand ;)

15) PC should detect connection & install drivers (which will fail)

this part does not work for me, it actually install HID drivers. no matter what I do or what computer I use.

Guest dwboston
15) PC should detect connection & install drivers (which will fail)

this part does not work for me, it actually install HID drivers. no matter what I do or what computer I use.

Same for me. I can't get Win7 Home Premium to stop installing the USB Human Interface device driver, no matter how many times I delete them, restart the computer, pull the battery on the phone, etc. I did try to get Windows to stop installing drivers automatically, but it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by dwboston

Same for me. I can't get Win7 Home Premium to stop installing the USB Human Interface device driver, no matter how many times I delete them, restart the computer, pull the battery on the phone, etc. I did try to get Windows to stop installing drivers automatically, but it doesn't seem to work.

Just grasping at straws here - it matter if your signed in as the admin and using correct permissions? That kind of issue in general sounds like a permissions issue. I know i fought that when i first installed win7. Just a thought......

Guest nickshertzer
I just got 2.2 using this method and I am so happy!!!!

Is there a step by step on how to get steve's newest rom???

Do you have the custom recovery flashed yet?

Clockwork:

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1 WORKING! - xda-developers

or StreakMod:

NEW StreakMod Recovery - xda-developers

Download and flash via fastboot with command "fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery-name.img"

Then download 1.4.6 to SD card, boot to clockwork. From: Flashing unofficial Froyo on Dell Streak gets easier

"Download the update-new.zip from the link below and put it on the Streak's microSD card.

Boot into recovery mode (hold down both volume buttons while pressing the power button) and select "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card" to get into ClockworkMod.

In Clockwork, select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" -> navigate to wherever you put the .zip on your card -> "Yes - install update-new.zip"

From everything I have read, the 00 baseband running 2.2, you should be able to just flash 1.4.6. When I did it, I wiped everything in Clockworkmod first. Wipe Data (Factory Reset), Wipe Cache, and Advanced - Wipe Dalvik.

Guest Stephen Hyde

if your using windows 64bit YOU HAVE TO disable driver signature verification on boot or they wont install.

also you need to force the driver to use not let windows search for it as it will never find it

if your using windows 64bit YOU HAVE TO disable driver signature verification on boot or they wont install.

also you need to force the driver to use not let windows search for it as it will never find it

done both. The problem is HID drivers, they kick in as human interface device as soon as you connect the device, after that it is over. W7 won't let you install any other drivers because it associate that device with an HID device and since the qualcoom and are com drivers the two won't work. Anyway, I ended up getting tired and going back to best buy for a new replacement.

Interesting enough the battery seems to last much longer and some app like touch down are working out of the get go which they did not on my other. So perhaps there was an hardware problem to begin with

Guest Stephen Hyde
done both. The problem is HID drivers, they kick in as human interface device as soon as you connect the device, after that it is over. W7 won't let you install any other drivers because it associate that device with an HID device and since the qualcoom and are com drivers the two won't work. Anyway, I ended up getting tired and going back to best buy for a new replacement.

Interesting enough the battery seems to last much longer and some app like touch down are working out of the get go which they did not on my other. So perhaps there was an hardware problem to begin with

possibly, my streak didnt show as a hid device like

Guest mrjoe90
i get a write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot") error!

any help??

I found the fix!! lol

i used the recovery-v0.3.2 and it went super smooth!!!

To Steve, great job!!!!!!

Guest Kantras

Note: to anyone experiencing the fastboot timeout when trying to update via QDLTool. You have to make sure that you have the ADB drivers installed. Dell now have a driver package that will install them for you: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Handheld/R288920.exe - This also has a copy of adb in it.

Also i've seen multiple issues where fastboot would time out due to some issue with the USB port - make sure you've tried different USB ports on your computer.

Guest rvbarton

Wow! After reading this forum, I'm almost afraid to do anything to the two Streak's I just bought! I'd love to update to 2.2 Froyo on both (one is black, the other is white, both bought at Best Buy)...

Sounds like a hassle. If there is a definitive step by step procedure, I'd love to try though. I'm too much of a newbie to the Streak to know any in-depth troubleshooting.

Should I simply wait until AT&T pushes out 2.2? What are the general thoughts?

They have most of the QDLTool Guide up now at StreakDroid.com

The Guide: http://streakdroid.com/?page_id=92

The QDLTool: http://streakdroid.com/repairtool.zip

The image included in the repair tool includes the pre-release official 2.2 with baseband, so then all you need to do is flash Clockworkmod, Clear Data/Cache, and Install DJ_Steve 1.4.6

DJ_Steve's Froyo now works flawlessly on my BestBuy White Streak.

I saw DJ_Steve's tweet that 1.5.0 is coming out tomorrow!

How did you root and then install clockwork?