Advent Vega: Games that work full-screen

Guest 5c00ter

Guest Stretro71
Toonwarz seems to work pretty well .... very fast and very smooth !!!

Hi nigelpwilson

Did you manage to play toonwarz full screen?

If so, how did you do it? Thought I'd try before i buy and it looks great but for the mobile sized screen.

Thanks in advance!

Guest nigelpwilson
Hi nigelpwilson

Did you manage to play toonwarz full screen?

If so, how did you do it? Thought I'd try before i buy and it looks great but for the mobile sized screen.

Thanks in advance!

Didn't do anything, just played fullscreen straight away (lite version), have you checked your compatibility setting in spare-parts ? Should be off.

Guest BiggerH
Didn't do anything, just played fullscreen straight away (lite version), have you checked your compatibility setting in spare-parts ? Should be off.

yep - same here

Guest Stretro71

Thanks for getting back to me - changed compatibility mode and looks great :)

Guest wobblydoggy

Forgive me, but havent people already compiled full-screen lists for the chinese 10" tablets?? i.e. Zenithink ZT-180 or Flytouch 2

I got the list below from one of the zenithink forums. Will they not be the same compatability?

Working Apps

Apps

* Android Comic Viewer

* Aldiko - Book reader

* Citrix Reciever

* Documents to Go

* Dolphin HD Browser

* ES File Explorer - Can use this to stream audio from my Media PC

* ESPN

* Google Sky Maps

* Kindle

* Laputa - Book reader

* mVideoPlayer

* MyLetter YouTube - MyLetter App.MOV - Handwriting

* nswPlayer - Use this and TVersity to stream video or music to my ZT-180 Setup TVersity for Streaming to Android

* QuickOffice

* Real Player

* SwiftKey - Keyboard

* swiFTP

* Tapatalk - Free version

* The Weather Channel

* TuneIn Radio

* Twidroid

* Wifi Analyzer

* Wootwatcher

* YouTube

Games

* 250+ Solitaire Collection

* 3Banana

* 4Players Reactor

* Angry Birds

* Astro

* At Bat '10

* Beatdown Boxing

* Bebbled

* Blow Up

* Bonsai Blast - similar to Zuma on pc.

* Build-a-lot

* Chess

* Farm Frenzy

* Feed the Bunny

* Fruit Ninja

* Gem Miner

* GameBoid

* gensoid

* Guitar Hero 5

* Homerun Battle 3D

* iDemolished - similar to Blow Up.

* Invadroid

* Jewels

* Live Scores

* Mechanics Touch

* Moron Test

* nesoid

* Nethack

* Ohio State Football

* OKCupid

* Papa Stacker

* Paper Toss

* Pinball

* Plants vs Zombies

* Pocket Racing

* Radiant

* Shoot U

* Space Physics - very nice game where you draw on screen to solve a puzzle.

* Speed Skater

* Solitaire

* Super Tumble

* Super Boom

* TextTwist Turbo

* The Inferno

* Traffic Rush

* USA Capitals

* Wave Blazer

Not fully functional

* Bust-A-Move - Not full screen

* Derek Jeter Pro Baseball 2009 - Not full screen

* Jewel - only in portrait orientation

* Kitten Cannon - Can't move cannon up or down

* Robo Defense - Landscape only

* Quake 3 - slow low frames but full screen

* USA Today - portrait orientation only

* Yahoo Fantasy Football '10

* ToonWarz - would have been great except that it's difficult to control with this flaky touchscreen, otherwise it works.

* The Plateau - not full screen

* Talking Cat (free) - hangs after a while, especially quickly if MIC is used. May cause FC.

Apps that don't work

* Civ4

* Firefox Mobile (Fennec) beta 4

* Fishin' 2 Go

* Fring - VoIP

* Hang-Man

* Swype

* Zenoria

* Labyrinth

Plenty more lists like that knocking around google just search for "ZT-180 full screen apps" for example

Guest warriorscot

To be honest what works and doesn't changes often depending on the updates done to either the vega, the custom rom and the apps themselves. Already a lot of the apps that are down as not running do run and some of the ones that did in older versions don't any more.

Guest thedicemaster

i can already see that chinese-clone-tablets list doesn't apply to the vega.

it lists zenonia as not working, but it works fine here(well, except that it's a bit tricky to close)

ive tried alot of games on here which should work full screen but arnt, ie reckless racing, psx4droid and toonwarz. ive tried unchecking configuration in spare parts but has no effect. Any ideas?

Guest Pantaloonie
the last pocket legends update broke it for a lot of devices, including advent vega/mobii tegra tablets.

Working again now, just install the latest update.

Guest thedicemaster

the newest version of touchmix(formerly published by RYUminusdev now published by gamevil) plays practically fullscreen.

you just need to set it to galaxy tab resolution in advanced settings.

you get a 24 pixel black bar on the bottom, but it's barely noticeable and not really a problem.

touchmix is a music game similar in gameplay to osu!(PC), osu tatakae ouendan1+2(NDS), and elite beat agents(NDS).

Guest xXBooSHXx

Tried Wreckless Racing(demo), working full screen(bit jerky but playable) seems to work best with tank controls, definately try b4 you buy.....

Also tried Robo Defense Free seems to work well in full screen.

and as previously mentioned Dungeon Defenders works very well just getting update now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Logseman

Quadrant works :D

With R6 installed, I get a score of 2300. My Samsung Galaxy S, which has a custom ROM and runs much faster than the normal stock ones (and believe me, the Galaxy S runs very smooth), and which packs the same or more horsepower than the Vega, doesn't score over 1300. Quadrant is simply useless.

Aside of that, the games that I've personally found working are the following: Angry Birds, Game Dev Story (though it doesn't take the whole screen, you even have the option to add a "pad" to fill more space) , Snesoid and Gensoid.

Edited by Logseman

Guest martinbrook

Vega is dual core is the Galaxy S?

Quadrant works :D

With R6 installed, I get a score of 2300. My Samsung Galaxy S, which has a custom ROM and runs much faster than the normal stock ones (and believe me, the Galaxy S runs very smooth), and which packs the same or more horsepower than the Vega, doesn't score over 1300. Quadrant is simply useless.

Aside of that, the games that I've personally found working are the following: Angry Birds, Game Dev Story (though it doesn't take the whole screen, you even have the option to add a "pad" to fill more space) , Snesoid and Gensoid.

Guest warriorscot
which packs the same or more horsepower than the Vega

The Tegra under the hood of the vega has more juice than anything that Samsung are using at the moment. So much so that they are switching to tegra for the next run of tabs. The current crop of samsung devices are fast but not quite as fast as Tegra in raw power and when you combine that with a typical nvidia integrated platform it is faster than anything going right now.