MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest welshblob
Looks like we are all trying to download 1.06.05 from the myadventvega site, mine seems to have stalled at 22Mb !! Anyone else having probs ?

No mine just dl'd

Guest deadite66

backed up and now restoring apk+data with MyBackup Pro.

don't backup and restore contacts though it will break syncing.

Edited by deadite66

Guest nigelpwilson
What's the best way to install R5 and get back all settings and Apps?

Hi, Dunno if its the best way but the inbuilt Settings>Software tool>Application back up and then restore worked perfectly for me, all Apps and settings seem as before.

Guest nigelpwilson
I just Downloaded the R5 from the kitchen with PP and smaller notification bar and installed as normal. Was on 1.04 r4 previously.

All my apps and settings are as they were and should be.

I tried this but dont think it actually updates you to 1.06.05...I might be wrong, but thought Paul said needed to install from myadventvega 1st then install his ?

Guest debs626
Hi, Dunno if its the best way but the inbuilt Settings>Software tool>Application back up and then restore worked perfectly for me, all Apps and settings seem as before.

+1

Thats what I've been using to backup my Vega, works perfectly.

Guest debs626
I tried this but dont think it actually updates you to 1.06.05...I might be wrong, but thought Paul said needed to install from myadventvega 1st then install his ?

My device is still 1.04 after installing the R5

but I'm not sure what the 1.06.05 is for and what it improves/fixes ....... other than no Flash

if its not broke, dont fix it - is my moto

Edit - so R5 is of no use to me whilst I'm still on 1.04 ????? .... can anyone tell me whats new in 1.06.05 ?

Edited by debs626

Guest nigelpwilson
My device is still 1.04 after installing the R5

but I'm not sure what the 1.06.05 is for and what it improves/fixes ....... other than no Flash

if its not broke, dont fix it - is my moto

Yeah I know what you mean...can't see anything different really yet apart from a different message when 1st booting, LOL

Guest Nemes1s
Thanks Paul

Btw do I apply the update while the device is running? :)

I updated on this version no probs. Including the performance pack etc. :)

And yes, Vega needs to be on.

Excellent work Paul. Got the Flash issue with iPlayer thou :(

Im also a little unsure what has changed in this new version, I take it we dont have usb host yet? Dont mean to sound ungrateful by the way, I appreciate all the work!

Guest debs626
Im also a little unsure what has changed in this new version, I take it we dont have usb host yet? Dont mean to sound ungrateful by the way, I appreciate all the work!

I'll stick with my 1.04 R5 until the Vega has an official flash player support release ............. unless the Gods can work there magic on enabling USB host

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the R5 is mainly for those who have bought their Vega's after the 13th ......... ie its not shipped with Flash support ?

Edited by debs626

I updated on this version no probs. Including the performance pack etc. :)

And yes, Vega needs to be on.

Excellent work Paul. Got the Flash issue with iPlayer thou :)

Which flash issue with iPlayer?

P

Guest 5c00ter

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. Do we know what improvements the 1.06.5 rom introduces? if any? There's no changelog in the image file either.

Guest MonkeyBoy451
I'll stick with my 1.04 R5 until the Vega has an official flash player support release ............. unless the Gods can work there magic on enabling USB host

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the R5 is mainly for those who have bought their Vega's after the 13th ......... ie its not shipped with Flash support ?

changes are:

r5 15/Dec

* Updated to 1.06.5 release base

* Updated all Google components

* Now including a 'small bar' prebake option

* Re-added Flash (which now auto-installs at the start of the add-on install process)

Guest MonkeyBoy451

@Paul

Any luck in finding the cause of the wallpaper (non LIVE wallpapers) not going all the way up to the new smaller notification bar??

Still have the issue on 1.06.5 + r5.

cheers.

Ian.

Guest luke261uk

After few few atempts i uninstalled usb mass storage device then plugged vega in again in debug mode then andoid bridge came up in device manager

which i updated driver to pauls new driver after that image took fine :)

Guest jellywobbles
haven't had any multiple letter problems using the keyboard when plugged it now.

Is this using 1.06.5 + r5? Did you mean "character" bounce when you are typing? i.e. type Vega & get VVeegaa??

Thanks

Guest trevor432990
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. Do we know what improvements the 1.06.5 rom introduces? if any? There's no changelog in the image file either.

Good question. Not sure I'm any the wiser from the changelog that has been updated now. Is anyone aware what are the improvements precisely as the update process can be a bit painful at times so unless the benefits outweigh the risks I'm gonna stick with 1.04 for now :)

Just updated - thanks as always Paul.

I do note that my screen now seems oversensitive in some areas and in others (such as the homescreen) I have to spend ages trying to select an item as the screen fails to detect my finger press.

Perhaps it needs to settle in or something but, thought I'd mention it here.

Right - back to moving in the furniture (i.e. the apps back onto the device).

Well curiosity got the better of me. Good news is touch input seems loads better for me even plugged in. Tried multitouch visualiser and no dead spots but wobbles a little when plugged in. Had problems with flash at first now all seems working with a few reboots.

Edited by marind